• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Expensive Stores

I buy most of my stuff from the local vendor. At $14 for Star plastic, it's hard to beat, even online.

Here in Columbus (Westerville) everywhere seems to have started selling discs due to the proximity to Hoover (Brent Hambrick Memorial), but I have yet to find "overpriced" discs. The most expensive are the big chain stores like Dicks, but local gas stations (especially the Duke and Duchess by Hoover) sell a HUGE selection (for a gas station) of Innova and Discraft al retail price. Then the local Roush Sporting Goods and Play It Again Sports have good prices on Innova, Discraft, Discmania, Lightning, and Millenium. It's kind of crazy. I love the X-Outs and used discs at Play It Again, plus I found a used basket there for 40$ =)

And then we have the Disc Golf Mart, down by Griggs Reservoir in Dublin, which obviously has the biggest and best-value selection.

In short, there aren't really a whole lot of expensive stores here... Are we just spoiled?

in st. louis, the only retail place i've even SEEN is johnny mac's, but the selection blows, it's all overpriced by 20%, and not a single person who works there knows jack squat about disc golf.

In central South Carolina there's only one disc-golf-specific store. It sells at suggested retail and the people there are experienced disc golfers. Not the huge selection you can get online, but you can leave the course, buy a disc, and be throwing it in 20 minutes. You can also fondle the molds you've never thrown before and check out the feel before buying them, also difficult through the internet.

Of course, there's also busy tournament schedule and lots of discs for sale at most events, too.

Huge sporting goods store chain. If you're into backpacking or skiing, they're the place.

...to check out the product you want to buy before ordering it off the internet for way cheaper. Fixed.

Since I rarely sell discs for more than $10 people just wait around the parks for me to show up like the ice cream man. Of course fund raisers, dyes and glows are a few $$$ more.

sooo what do you have? Always looking for a nice 10$ disc!

Why wouldn't you expect high prices from a place called Dicks?

:clap:

My wife and I have an inside joke...well, I do, because she hates it.

A couple co-workers and I were flying home from Dallas and were delayed. In the airport they had a Dickey's BBQ. We decided that sounded good. Well, it was absolutely horrible...my brisket was more like fatsket and Don's was not to be desired either, so he came out with the best line ever...

"You know why they call it Dickey's?"

No Don, why?

"Because they F... you!"

:D

So now anytime we pass one I ask her that question and she hits me.

Its almost like some of the sellers in the market place wanting $15+ for used discs. not the rare ones.