• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F-series drivers are out

you guys talked me into the f7
was thinking f1 or f2, but early reports haven't been too exciting
got a nice white with faint streaks of red 173 waiting to be thrown later today

The f2 ans f3 are proving their worth. Afepter some time in my hands the f3 is a champ teebird and the f2 is a eagle x. I'd like to get them in lighter weights, but they have done everything I have asked and are fun to throw. Have not given the f7 too much if a chance on the course yet. Been digging on the fury for that slot. But man that disc goes.

After throwing my F2 a few times in the course, I can say that it is very controllable. The lack of a ton of glide makes it easy to range. It's proving to be a pretty versatile disc for me.

is it me or does the F1, 2, 3 hyzer hard and fast at the end of their run? I love the plastic, they are fast drivers, but they seem to fly great until the end of the run.

Also, I used a sand block/sponge and removed all of the excess flashing, discs feels 1000x better.

Good vid! I think I want to try the F2 and F3.

How similar would you say the f2 is to a shock? F1 like a firebird?

Good vid! I think I want to try the F2 and F3.

How similar would you say the f2 is to a shock? F1 like a firebird?

Some rough comparisons would be...

F1 baby FB
F2 beefy TB
F3 seasoned TB / fresh TL
F7 seasoned star leopard

The F2 / Shock comparison is pretty good, except my Shock shows a little more glide in the flight path, and the extra D you'd expect from a wider rim. Threw them back to back today on some FH holes.

Great vids. The F1 and F2 seem pretty close almost like the F3 should be the "F4".

edit re: F1 = baby firebird... you need a fresh firebird;)

Last edited:
Yeah they flew pretty similar. I think they will show more of a difference once the beefy flashing gets worn down.

I threw the F7 today and my Patriot just to compare them. The F7 has more High Speed Turn, if you ask me, and the Patriot seemed a hair faster. That being said, they are not that dissimilar. I would venture to say the F7 acts like a seasoned ( but not too much) Patriot. They both really responded well to hyzer-flips and high sweeping turn-over shots. There was a good bit of wind out there today, and my form was "meh" at best so take all of this with a grain of salt. There is plenty of room in my bag, so I will keep both of them in there, though, I am much more comfortable with the Patriot just from experience.

great vid mike, very informative.

Looks like prodigy has a nice lineup together by now. From the vids I ve seen and the discs i tried myself I feel like I could replace my entire bag with prodigy discs and be used to it within a week.

I love the little edge the put on the rim of their d-drivers, somehow it feels like they go out of the hand much smoother than other discs. Maybe I will try and go for a prodigy bag someday :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

great vid mike, very informative.

Looks like prodigy has a nice lineup together by now. From the vids I ve seen and the discs i tried myself I feel like I could replace my entire bag with prodigy discs and be used to it within a week.

I love the little edge the put on the rim of their d-drivers, somehow it feels like they go out of the hand much smoother than other discs. Maybe I will try and go for a prodigy bag someday :)

Agreed. If I weren't so happy with my MVP, I could see at least half my bag being Prodigy.

From the vids I ve seen and the discs i tried myself I feel like I could replace my entire bag with prodigy discs and be used to it within a week.

I could definitely see this now that they have putters and mids(?) in the 300 plastic.
All they need now is to put out a lineup of control/hybrid drivers to compete with the Saints/Volts/PD's/speed 9/10 drivers out there. I don't have the arm for their D line max distance drivers but something in the speed 9/10 range would be awesome.