• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F-series drivers are out

I have cut the flashing off with an exacto knife and used sand paper plenty of times. It wasn't my deflashing that screwed up the disc. There is actually still a tiny bit of it left.

I've had the same effect. I received an F2 Proto from my buddy yesterday. He said it would replace my beloved 11x KC Pro Eagles. I gave it a try last night in comparison to new/fresh 11x KC Pro Eagle. And I was amazed at the similarities. The F2 was more HSS but it flew great. The F2 also feels nearly the exact same as those Eagles. But it had a ton of flashing on it. So I took the F2 to some carpet and rubbed off the flashing last night. Now it feels wonderful in the hand and this morning I went out and threw it again. It is now actually much more understable. I would describe the flight to a Teebird. When thrown flat now it turns and comes back with a soft fade at the end now. Still a cool disc but I agree. I hope the production runs are more stable with no flashing. These really feel great.

I picked up an F2 today and took it to the course. It had a TON of flashing on it.. There is still a little bit I want to take off, but I didn't even bother throwing it until getting most of it off. It definitely isn't understable for me at all and I removed most of the flashing.

The F2 flew very similar to my shock, both at max weight. I definitely like the disc and I'm gonna keep it in my bag for now and see how it works out. Had a couple good rips with my shock and F2 that went out about 380-390 and landed within 10 feet of each other.

I have no real need to replace my Teebird, but I'm curious about trying an F3... sounds like a teebird in prodigy plastic.

Got my f series in the hands of a 500 feet thrower yesterday.

F7 was like a less glidey more stable river for him. The f2 was eagle l, but less turn. The f3 was all champ tl. We did not have the f1. The f3 is becoming my favorite of the three.

What is interesting to me is I was getting similar flights albeit at about 75 to 100 feet less d.

For reference all the flashing is worn off on these now.

Decided to jump in with both feet forward last night and played my league round with an all Prodigy bag (having never thrown the fairways before that night). I knew what to expect more or less thanks to Mike C's vid and my findings were basically 100% in line with his.

F1 is a great overstable fairway. Not ridiculously overstable but plenty enough to handle some serious wind.

F2 and F3 I really didn't see a big difference in. I could switch them out on the same shot and probably not be able to detect the difference. If you handed me both and TOLD me one was the F2 vs the F3 then I could see myself saying "Yeah, I can see just a bit more LSS out of the F2". In my opinion, these are the best new Fairway drivers to hit the market in a long time. True speed 7's (ish) that fly great on a line. Nothing that would dethrone the Bird(T, that is...) but a true contender no doubt.

F7 I will admit was much like everyone else has said previously. Way more stable than I thought it would be and I could easily see it being rebranded as the F5 or something. Really fun to throw and reminded me in flight of my River a little, which was odd considering how different the wing tips are.

Cool discs, I'm digging them.

Decided to jump in with both feet forward last night and played my league round with an all Prodigy bag (having never thrown the fairways before that night). I knew what to expect more or less thanks to Mike C's vid and my findings were basically 100% in line with his.

F1 is a great overstable fairway. Not ridiculously overstable but plenty enough to handle some serious wind.

F2 and F3 I really didn't see a big difference in. I could switch them out on the same shot and probably not be able to detect the difference. If you handed me both and TOLD me one was the F2 vs the F3 then I could see myself saying "Yeah, I can see just a bit more LSS out of the F2". In my opinion, these are the best new Fairway drivers to hit the market in a long time. True speed 7's (ish) that fly great on a line. Nothing that would dethrone the Bird(T, that is...) but a true contender no doubt.

F7 I will admit was much like everyone else has said previously. Way more stable than I thought it would be and I could easily see it being rebranded as the F5 or something. Really fun to throw and reminded me in flight of my River a little, which was odd considering how different the wing tips are.

Cool discs, I'm digging them.

Mandatory question: Was the flashing still on them, or did you remove it?

i was having fun throwing my proto f7 during practice rounds but when it came time to play a real, competitive round, it stayed in the bag. it hasn't earned my trust yet.

based on the reviews of the other discs in the f-series, i don't feel a need to purchase them.

i'm not hating on them and it is good to see them making some quality discs, but i have too many sitting in a box collecting dust as it is, no need for me to buy more

now, if some just happened to find their way into my possession, i'd be more than happy to throw 'em

i'm not hating on them and it is good to see them making some quality discs, but i have too many sitting in a box collecting dust as it is, no need for me to buy more

now, if some just happened to find their way into my possession, i'd be more than happy to throw 'em
:hfive:

does any one else's f2s have a dimple dome. Both of mine do its very minor but the dome at the very top is a tic puddled. did not notice it til today I was wiping it after a muddy field session.

does any one else's f2s have a dimple dome. Both of mine do its very minor but the dome at the very top is a tic puddled. did not notice it til today I was wiping it after a muddy field session.

Dam mine has a slight puddle top also. I never noticed it before.

i seriously have not seen more "flashing removal" talk than in this thread..
is this real life?? you guys remove flashing from new discs on purpose?

i wonders if you type pull all the little rubber things off your new bike tires before you ride on em too.

stock-photo-824517-bike-tire-close-up.jpg

go throw your discs people.

i seriously have not seen more "flashing removal" talk than in this thread..
is this real life?? you guys remove flashing from new discs on purpose?

i wonders if you type pull all the little rubber things off your new bike tires before you ride on em too.

stock-photo-824517-bike-tire-close-up.jpg

go throw your discs people.
you have not felt one? some of them were super sharp. and why not speed the process up a little and get the disc to where its supposed to be faster.