• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] F-series drivers are out

i seriously have not seen more "flashing removal" talk than in this thread..
is this real life?? you guys remove flashing from new discs on purpose?

i wonders if you type pull all the little rubber things off your new bike tires before you ride on em too.

stock-photo-824517-bike-tire-close-up.jpg

go throw your discs people.

I think flashing sucks big time. It's obviously really uncomfortable and makes a disc fly more overstable than one expects when buying it. It should be 100% perfectly removed from the factory in my opinion. I always remove it myself with a few passes of medium sandpaper. Enjoy your flashing, I'll enjoy my deflashed discs. We both win I guess.

Little bit of flashing is ok by me. However if it is so much that the disc does not fly right, then I draw the line. IMO a premium disc ($15+) should fly as advertised, just a touch towards more stability, and break in slowly.

And, yes, I have removed sprue quils off of MTB tires before...

I'm most probably going to be buying a F3 & F7, as well as a PA2, but I trying to be patient. I prefer discs in the 166g to 169g range. I also am liking the 400G plastic over the 400S, but my patience only goes so far.

I can vouche for the flashing being ridiculously sharp. That's why i went with the f7

I started with an F7 and didn't understand all the flashing talk. Then I got an F3 in the mail...it's bad, but it's not any worse than the flashing on a lot of the other companies' discs. A lot of my RGL Pures are much worse.

The flashing is annoying, but it ISNT the end of the world. Its fairly easy to remove. Prodigy could of course do a little better with their quality control, but they are at least doing a great job on their blends of plastic.

This thread has been an eye opener on flashing. I had a few discs that were ridiculously overtstable, a star destroyer, and my prodigy d4. I could see and feel the flashing, but didnt know it wasnt supposed to be there. I sanded off the flashing on both and its like new discs. I HATED the D4, was a meathook out of the hands with no distance. Now, it flies as I thought it should. Same with the destroyer. I have gone through my discs and a light sanding on flashing has made a world of difference for some. Thanks for the heads up!

Any more reports? has anyone decided to bag any f series?

im going with the f2 and f3. love the plastic the grip is insane!

Any comparisons between the F3 and the Stag in either plastic?

I've been getting quite a bit of use out of my F7.

Also grabbed an F1 but its not quite what I wanted. I was in the market for a Firebird and the Prodigy fairways just came out... so I gave it a whirl. Not quite what I expected. Flashing is really sharp on the disc and it feels like it has no glide at all. Still keeping it in the bag until I get some time with a Firebird.

Any comparisons between the F3 and the Stag in either plastic?
f3 has less turn than a stag. Stronger fade also. It will hold is line better in winds. it is a little harder to get d out of it than the stag. i think the f3 is way more dependable.

I've been getting quite a bit of use out of my F7.

Also grabbed an F1 but its not quite what I wanted. I was in the market for a Firebird and the Prodigy fairways just came out... so I gave it a whirl. Not quite what I expected. Flashing is really sharp on the disc and it feels like it has no glide at all. Still keeping it in the bag until I get some time with a Firebird.

So take the flashing off. The discs arent supposed to have it.. so you cant expect it to fly like its really supposed to with it on.

f3 has less turn than a stag. Stronger fade also. It will hold is line better in winds. it is a little harder to get d out of it than the stag. i think the f3 is way more dependable.

Thanks! That's how I was interpreting what I was hearing, but it always helps to get a straight-up comparison. Unfortunately I like the smooth and easy nature of Stags - it pairs well with the Underworlds. I had tried using drivers that required more oomph and it had my turning my Underworlds too much when I tried to throw them. I'll probably want a more controllable driver with less glide at some point, but not right now.

Any more reports? has anyone decided to bag any f series?

im going with the f2 and f3. love the plastic the grip is insane!

Ive bagged the F7. Ive got two, one I use for hyzer flips and long anny shots, and another im using only for rollers. Ive been throwing thumbers and such with it during field practice trying to season it some, but its pretty good out of the box for rollers as is.

I've only baged the f2 so far. But I'm sure I'll be getting an f1 and f7 eventually. still deciding between the f3 or patriot.

I have the F2 bagged for now. I just took the flashing off and need to test it out today and see how it flies. F3 and 7 might make the cut...doubt I'll need the F1 though between my Tensor, Shock and XXX. I am starting to run out of room in my bag though :)

Latest posts