• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FADE Crunch wear and tear?

Danger

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I have had my fade crunch box (bag?) for about 1 year 9 months. I play rougher, more wooded courses more often than grass ones. I am noticing some non-promising wear and tear in a couple of parts of my bag. Please let me know if you have experienced any of these:

1. The putter pocket. A hole has worn through right in the middle on the bottom, where the disc touches the fabric the most.

2. The big pocket. A hole hasn't worn yet, but it is evident that weakness is forming at the bottom, and its almost kind of see-through. Actually, a tiny pokey-stabbey hole is there, but it may be self inflicted. Either way there is still some obvious fabric fatigue.

3. The main bag zipper. The fabric has detached from part of the zipper, and now you can't zip it up without sitting there and carefully aligning the fabric with the zipper part.

Anyone else having any of these problems? Other problems? Don't these bags have a pretty serious warranty? I would post pictures, but alas, I am not by my bag right now. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
My fade tourney; at least 800 rounds,200 courses,7 states, rain sleet and snow, rocky wooded and muddy, and still in great condition! (2years old)
My fade crunch; 3 rounds, strap ripped off, hole in the bottom, WTF! Im sending it back with a bag of dog poo in the pocket. (1week old)

About a year with mine,the larger pocket has ripped almost all the way through,and the actual bottom of the bag is in rough shape,but I have a silverback coming in the next couple weeks,so it has served its purpose.

What do you expect for $25? I wore mine out in a year and a half or two years. The strap usually goes first. Want something durable get a revolution, but you might pay 5 times as much for it.

^I expect them to sell what they advertise.

You can search, but you won't find another bag with a feature list like this one at this price. We have a crew of Howler Monkeys that test our bags harder than you'll ever use it. We've thrown it at trees, down hills, run over it with cars, slammed it in the baskets, and drug it through mud.

Notice the side pockets.We raised them up, away from the bag bottom so they don't drag on the ground and wear around the edges like other bags. Plus, we added some of those tiny little feet that really work well on a bag this size. They keep the bag upright (most of the time) because its no fun when your bag falls over.

lol bastards!

It's just that they imply that this bag is specifically made to be one that you can beat up, and in all reality, Innova's comparable product has lasted my friends longer than my Crunch box has lasted me. I love the bag itself, I just wish it wasn't dying.

I have had my fade crunch box (bag?) for about 1 year 9 months. I play rougher, more wooded courses more often than grass ones. I am noticing some non-promising wear and tear in a couple of parts of my bag. Please let me know if you have experienced any of these:

1. The putter pocket. A hole has worn through right in the middle on the bottom, where the disc touches the fabric the most.

2. The big pocket. A hole hasn't worn yet, but it is evident that weakness is forming at the bottom, and its almost kind of see-through. Actually, a tiny pokey-stabbey hole is there, but it may be self inflicted. Either way there is still some obvious fabric fatigue.

3. The main bag zipper. The fabric has detached from part of the zipper, and now you can't zip it up without sitting there and carefully aligning the fabric with the zipper part.

Anyone else having any of these problems? Other problems? Don't these bags have a pretty serious warranty? I would post pictures, but alas, I am not by my bag right now. Thanks for the input.

1. I have a 2" hole where my putters rub against the fabric on the ground. Nothing major, but it is getting worse.

2. Huge hole in the bottom of my big pocket. The pocket actually tore away from the rest of the bag. Huge potential for things to get lost. I need to either sew this up or get a new bag. Major bummer.

3. No issues with any zippers yet. Let's hope this holds up....

Love the bag, hate the problems. :|

loved the bag as well (fade tourney though) and ended up running into the same problems

having a stool to keep the bag off the ground helps out with a lot of these wear problems on the bottom of the bag, but really, because of the strength of the fabric and stitching, it does happen.

upgraded to gorilla boy (Kong) and wowy, mmm mmm deeeeeelicious.

box (bag)?

I have had mine for 4 summers now and it just started failing this year. The material seems to be wearing thinner, and a foot got lost. The biggest issue is the drink holder is ripping off. Over all I think it was worth the money for the bag and will probably be buying another for next year.

I beat the crap out of mine and holds up pretty well. I had a quad attachment rip out kind of flukey and Fade replaced the bag no problem.

Fade

Pros: It's cheap.
Functional
Quads work great.
Their customer service is stellar.
Lots of features for the price.

Cons:
It's cheap. The materials just aren't Chuck Norris tough.
Likes to fall over despite the little feet
Main pocket doesn't quite fit discs right if you put them in side to side instead of front to back.
Crappy logo

If I ever but another Fade bag, it's definitely getting plastidipped or something.

I just dont know what you guys are doing to your bags! You just throw it on the ground, slam your putters in the pockets or drag it behind you? I use mine like anyone else. I don't throw it around or anything. I have played lots of rocky courses with it and nearly 2 years later, it has minimal wear to it.

Mine is 2 years old.

- Stitching where strap connects to bag has come apart about 60% of the way.

- The liner in the main disc compartment has holes worn in it.

- The big zipper pocket is the messiest thing ever, because little tiny pieces of the inner lining constantly flake off. It also has a hole or two in the bottom from my car keys. The zipper stopped functioning a month or two ago and no the best I get is pulling the zipper pull up half way to help hold the pouch closed.

-The water bottle holder is busting apart at the top where it connects to the bag.

-Velcro for the main compartment flap doesn't work anymore.

-Shoulder pad on strap has the padding of a strip of beef jerky these days.

2 years for 30$ or whatever I paid isn't horrible, but I won't be buying another. Would rather spend 120$ and get something strong and built to last at least a decade. I play mostly manicured parks when I disc golf too, nothing too rough and crazy, and no course with a lot of rocks.

Such a wide range of responses here. Some have two years of wear and are still in great shape, others are falling apart. Should we now start talking about consistancy of runs of bags?

I have two crunch box bags. One of them (dark blue) is a lot tougher than the other (light blue). I use them pretty equally on the same courses, so... some are tougher than others.

Neither of them is as tough as my Innova standard bag (that's a lot older). The Innova bag holds up to water a lot better too.

I frequently play on rough desert courses, so I use cheap bags knowing that they'll wear out. I don't get upset over it. If I bought a high dollar bag and it ripped up, I might get upset, so... I avoid that.

I think I might go with the Army surplus ammo bag next. Heavy canvas and even cheaper.

Fade Crunch Box....

Great... I just got one about a month and a half ago. No problems yet, and I hope it lasts at least over 2 years. My Hero/Innova quads look like they are starting to come apart at the seams though.

You are right about that logo though Brother Dave. It's about one of the fugliest logos I have ever seen.:gross:

Such a wide range of responses here. Some have two years of wear and are still in great shape, others are falling apart. Should we now start talking about consistancy of runs of bags?

Just avoid the domey runs. I hear red is more overstable than the green and... :rolleyes:

I had a "dirt" crunchbox for a year and it held up perfect. U guys must be wrestling your bags or something. It also helps if u clean out the dirt and crap that falls to the bottom of ur bags, that will likely make a hole form quicker.

U get what u pay for. I think those fade bags are a great deal

I've had my Fade bag a couple years now and it is still in great shape. Like new even. I blame my casual weekly outings for its durability.

Latest posts