• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade DG Bags ...

Fade Gear Bags

Hi.

I am the owner of Fade Gear. What's all this flap about fruity colors? Get right with your hormones and order one. Man, what a whiner.

To those who already own one, thanks! I appreciate it as does your dealer. They are the ones who really took a chance and brought the new products in. Keep buying from them. You reply on each other.

As for durability, we have a NO-FAULT 1-year warranty. I don't care if it accidentally hits a tree at 50 miles an hour. I will back it. I built these bags to last. You can throw these puppies in the washer if they get a little dirty. Besides, dirt says you're a player. Ask your dealer for information.

Finally, FADE Bags are not for everyone. Matter of fact, there are some people I would rather they NOT have a FADE Gear Bag. But I will tell you that the Crunch Box can fit 5 cold ones between the pocket, drink holder and the little extra space alongside the discs. :) I have never personally taken a 5-loader along for a round, but I have taken many 3-loaders on a hot day.

Finally, quit talking about FADE Gear bags like it is a life or death decision. Jeez. Just get one. But if you carry one, don't toss your crappy litter on the course. Have the brass to pack it out with you or find a trash barrel. I despise people who think I won't see the BRIGHT, SHINY ALUMINUM CAN in the bushes come fall when all the leaves drop. What a bunch of dopes.

Fademan

What's all this flap about fruity colors? Get right with your hormones and order one.

As I have recently stated, I love my Crunch. The un-fruity red one. After owning one I now can say I would sport any of the colors, because it's a sweet bag. But I'd rock a black one in a heartbeat. Just sayin'.

Bah, colors are not a big deal really. If I have a choice I would rather not carry a pink bag around, just to avoid the idiots comments. But hey I think the psycho bag is cool looking. Wow, did I just flip flop that subject like a politician or what? :p

fademan, you rock!!
how about putting a dgcourse review business card inside each bag sold?;)

santa's leaving me a pumpkin colored crunch bag under the non-descript winter holiday tree this year.:D

I would buy a new fade bag, but honestly the color choices are flaming. Whatever happened to black or grey. If you had a camo version, I would buy one tomorrow. I bought 5 FADE bags for the parks system here locally and the bags are well constructed but the colors are questionable. Enough with the periwinkle, baby blue, mango, slut red and yucky yellow, I want some man colors. :D

PA DISC,

I thought long and hard about colors, oh...perhaps 5 minutes...and decided that there were many BLACK and GRAY, well-constructed bags available on the market. What we did was a gamble that has been well received by the DG public. I see that your "Periwinkle" is now being offered by two other prominent bags manufacturers. Hmmm.

I have told many people who have asked the same question that FADE Gear will never sell a BLACK bag. Just no fun. Have you looked at the Green/Green/Orange bag or just our two-tone Blue?

I see a lot of great disc golfers carrying their plastic in a Walmart sack. Those are a nice color and you can pick them up in just about any Walmart parking lot and the surrounding 10 acres. This time of year, some retailers even have holiday printing on their cheapazz shopping bags.

Fademan

I see understand where you are coming from about being "different", but I honestly believe that you would be able to pick up some more "traditional" customers by offering a product that is not as loud. I currently have a cheap lightning bag that I started with and would like to upgrade to something that has more capacity. The price point of the FADE gear is great, but the color selection is not. As of right now I will need to spend some extra coin just to get a bag that I wont feel self conscious about carrying.

The only reason that the other manufacturers are carrying the colors you offer is to "take back" your potential customers, thats why I was suggesting you carry some more of the standard colors. so that you can take theirs :)

I have to agree with PA_Disc. The bags look great but the color selection would prevent me from considering a purchase. I tend to like low key, subdued colors.. your blacks, grays, dark blues, etc. as do many others.

I'm assuming you're in business to make money and not push "walmart sacks" on people that could have been customers of yours. Giving the customers what they want isn't necessarily a bad thing and offering less "wild" colors certainly couldn't hurt your bottom line.

heh, we carry tie die and hot pink discs and we're worried about out image as we go and throw discs around a course? come on now... Rock those Fade bags! Gimme an ugly rotton orange looking one any day!

heh, we carry tie die and hot pink discs and we're worried about out image as we go and throw discs around a course? come on now... Rock those Fade bags! Gimme an ugly rotton orange looking one any day!
Not all of us :) I normally use white discs but have gradually been moving towards orange since they're easier to find should you throw a less than great shot.

I have to agree with PA_Disc. The bags look great but the color selection would prevent me from considering a purchase. I tend to like low key, subdued colors.. your blacks, grays, dark blues, etc. as do many others.

Some people like bright loud colors, for me Im with some of you ... I like simple subdued colors (both bags and discs). I bought a fade bag for my brother and I think they are great, but for me I wouldnt want to get one because of the colors. I understand you are trying to create a niche in the market and thats cool, but limiting your customer base might not be the best idea. Actually Id really like to see a brown DG bag... you make one of those and Id be awfully happy :D

Fade bags are great and nice looking. its all about quality. if you dont like the colors dont get one. but they are a great bag and a great price. thank you fade man. i am not scared of looking good on the course.:D

I understand it could limit the buyer base. I am one of those people who wouldn't care and actually prefer the loud color, I really like the natural kinda ugly colors. Heck I have even been thinking of using bright pink discs (ACK!) just so I could find them. Bright neon yellow and greens are the others I seem to find best. Wouldn't matter to me.. heh Love that Garden Deli bag Fademan!

Oh, man...my arm hurts. I can only stand so much twisting.

We'll see what happen come Spring 2009. We have pretty modest goals relative to making money. We're in this just to have some great fun for the most part. Really. Hard to believe, but true.

I appreciate you constructive input very much. Forums are a great place to spin ideas.

Keep the comments coming, good or bad. I love to hear them from everyone.

You can also write directly to the website at the [email protected] address if you have something private. to say, like tons of cuss-words or name-calling.

Fademan

Ditto. You're limiting your customer base.

ERic

No, they are just weeding out the carbon copy disc golfers and selling to the crowd that understands the "vibe" of the true sport.

In fact there should be MORE cutting edge companies that cater to the crowd that doesn't want to wear or be seen with the latest/greatest from Innova/Discraft.

Fade you have my loyalty