• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Gear Bags

my strap came unhooked pretty violently today on my gorilla boy chimp, but it was the caribiner not the bag. *whew* although, trying to hold the bag after it came unstrapped, i slipped on a mini bridge :\

Maybe not a perfect solution, but if you have a stool and you can find flat ground to set it, you can put your bag on the stool, it may help keep you bag in better shape.

Bought a camo fade crunch box about 4 months ago. I play about 2-3 x per month. A seam at edge of putter sleeve has unraveled, allowing a gap there. Bag looks cool, but not real durable like my old innova deluxe.

Maybe not a perfect solution, but if you have a stool and you can find flat ground to set it, you can put your bag on the stool, it may help keep you bag in better shape.
I thought about that, but because of my very arthritic knees I use a walking stick (hey what's up with dude using the Gandalf stick on the course) because it helps my knees ALOT, but having a stool and the stick seems to be a bit on the cumbersome side.

I emailed fade and found out that they only use 600 denier fabric. This is why they dont hold up as well in rough terrain but also why they are so much cheaper than a gorilla boy or revo or phenix. if you look on thier website they will be the first to tell oyu that mountain and desert courses are not good for thier bags. they are based in sterling illinois where we dont have mountain or desert terrain. every course here in illinois is in a park so they probably hold up pretty well here. i would reccommend that everyone plastidip thier bag (its only going to extend the life of your bag) or if you have the cash the phenix with the line-x bottom is amazing. I guess the point is make sure you do your research if you live in an area with rough terrain make sure your bag is made out of a very tough material (ie. cordura)

Yeah, my Fade Crunch that I've had for not even 3 months decided that one of the quad hookups should come out of the stitching. I emailed Fade and they said they'll send me another bag in early October when they get that style back in (Camo). That's the first and only problem I've had with them so far, my old Crunch is being abused hard by my brother and is still going strong and my Tourney still looks close to new after about 6 months.

I had a foot peg come off a crunch box and Fademan replace the entire bag plus sent a replacement peg for the 1st bag. He said to keep it or give it away to a new golfer (which is what I did. His bag plus a couple disc on my part and a year later and we official got a 14 y/o hooked on golf and he's getting all his buddies into it) which I though was very cool.

I own a tourney now and have had no probs and my GF is carrying her crunch I bought her 2.5 years ago.

I highly recommend Fade's product and customer service based on all of that.

To the OP:

But I play in completely different terrain than you guys. Is it the bottom of the bags that are wearing out?

To the OP:

But I play in completely different terrain than you guys. Is it the bottom of the bags that are wearing out?
Yep--the bottom of the fade gear bag goes out in about 3-4 months after constant play at Buffalo Ridge. I doubt I'll be getting a fade gear bag again, but if I did--I'd be all about the plastidip.

Never had a problem with the 5 we have owned.

Why 5?

Both had crunches, both bought tournies, sold crunches, realized crunch is good to have for small courses or short trips, traded for a used crunch.

I have had my Fade Crunch for about a year and its still like new. My fiance has had hers a little longer than that and it looks like new, and her boy has a Fade Lite bag and he just drops that thing and throws it around without and care and its still holding up, but we do live in a soft grassy area. I mean, I also have a large Lightning bag that is over 10 years old and its still holding up but I havent used it as much as the Fade bag through those years.

For my needs, I love Fade Gear. I even got a Fade 1 liter bottle sitting next to me now as I type. lol

Yep--the bottom of the fade gear bag goes out in about 3-4 months after constant play at Buffalo Ridge. I doubt I'll be getting a fade gear bag again, but if I did--I'd be all about the plastidip.

ah, yeah I'd imagine that kind of constant abrasion is tough. All our courses are woods/fields.

For my needs, I love Fade Gear. I even got a Fade 1 liter bottle sitting next to me now as I type. lol

I was thinking about buying one of those. I dont recall, are they BPA free? hows the quality?

ah, yeah I'd imagine that kind of constant abrasion is tough. All our courses are woods/fields.
Yeah it would be great on all grass courses--though we do have a few of those in Phoenix, I play 2-3 rounds a week in rough rocky, sandy, craggy, cactus ridden terrain--tough on bags, shoes and most especially discs. You want to break in a disc? One round at Buffalo Ridge and it's broke!!!!

My Gateway backpack bag is 5.5 years old and still holding up great. The only place I notice any wear is the left shoulder strap, but that's because I have the habit of just using that one side for shorter walks. The padding isn't as soft on that side anymore. I've put zero effort into reenforcing anything, fixing anything or protecting anything.

Unless something's changed with them since then I don't see any reason not to list them as one of the top bag makers along with Revolution and Gorilla Boy. Buying one $100 bag that lasts 6+ years is much cheaper than buying a new $40 every other year.

Props to the fade bag again. Had mine for a year and play 7 times a week at least.

Mines holding on strong.

Best bag for the money.

(they do need better colors though. Blue on blue is nice, but the others kinda stink)

Sunday Mike
I have plasti-dipped 2 bags 1 innova starter and a fade tourney. It is basically like the rubberized coating you see on tool handles only way tougher.
It comes in spray or brush on and it will solve your bag bottom wear & tear issues. I used foam brushes but the solvents in P-dip eat/dissolve the foam; so have a few on hand.

I prefer the brush on- I didn't hafta mask, was just careful.

also
acetone removes p-dip while it's still wet

you might wanna do 2 thick coats for your rocky terrain.

it is 6-7 bucks a can and one can will do 3-4 thick coats on a fade tourney or similar bag

Sunday Mike
I have plasti-dipped 2 bags 1 innova starter and a fade tourney. It is basically like the rubberized coating you see on tool handles only way tougher.
It comes in spray or brush on and it will solve your bag bottom wear & tear issues. I used foam brushes but the solvents in P-dip eat/dissolve the foam; so have a few on hand.

I prefer the brush on- I didn't hafta mask, was just careful.

also
acetone removes p-dip while it's still wet

you might wanna do 2 thick coats for your rocky terrain.

it is 6-7 bucks a can and one can will do 3-4 thick coats on a fade tourney or similar bag
Thanks man. I actually found a can at my local Ace (about 2 minutes from my house)--all they had was spray-on, so I unloaded the whole can on my bag. I like it. It's been a couple of week and seems to working out quite well for me. If I can use a can every so often it'll sure be cheaper then a new bag!!!

I was thinking about buying one of those. I dont recall, are they BPA free? hows the quality?

You know, I'm not sure. On their website I think I asked them before I bought it to make sure it fit a Fade Crunch cup holder and they were very quick to respond though.

I've dropped mine a few times and its no worse for wear and I seem to use it even when Im at home. Its also great for me since the Crunch only has 1 cup holder because it has the little loop on it. So I will buy a 1 liter of Gatorade and stick in the holder then clip the Fade bottle on.

I have a FADE Tourney and a FADE Crunch, my dad has a Tourney...all going strong after a year of constant use and no babying.

We bought plasti-dip but haven't bothered to use it yet...

\/\/

Latest posts