• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fairway Driver Lineup

Moify

Birdie Member
Post and discuss your fairway driver lineup.

169 Firm Ascent
169 Opto River
171.5 Champ Leo
170 Pro Leo

I like the Ascent and the River for slightly longer fairways than the Leos. The Ascent as the overstable, and River as the neutral. I feel like the fairway driver has become the most important disc in my bag. I'm best at driving, so why not carry more fairway molds to improve my first lay?

Oh, and for argument's sake, I don't consider TeeBirds fairway drivers. I know Champion TBs can be a useful utility driver, but especially once they beat in, they're just pure distance :)

175g 11x kcp tb - no turn unless trying to really bomb it
157g 11x kcp tb - hyzer flips to flat w/ no turn unless cranked or into wind. Good for tight s lines.
175 11x kcp Whippet X - overstable utility disc, extreme doglegs, spike hyzers, heavy winds.
175 CE QJLS - hyzer flip to slight turn, turnovers under 400 ft, wooded courses ( durable as a mofo!)

Well, I know that you've already axed the TeeBird as a fairway, but I still consider it one. Here's my fairway lineup:

River (GL and Test)
TeeBird (Echo Star)
Whippet (CE)

River: I love the test materials, but they don't hold up well to high speed tree hits. Turnover & straight finish shots.
TeeBird: Straight shots with a bit of fade at end. I like the feel of the E* plastic.
Whippet: These things are amazing for all kinds of shots. Super overstable, and can get you out of trouble quick.

Well, I know that you've already axed the TeeBird as a fairway, but I still consider it one. Here's my fairway lineup:

Whippet: These things are amazing for all kinds of shots. Super overstable, and can get you out of trouble quick.

It was a hard decision not to include the TB. I carry two, a 177 beat-to-hell 11x TB and a beat 172 DX in the bag, but they're they're for bigger distances. I suppose the heavy 11x wouldn't go much farther than a fairway, anyway, but it's mainly a headwind driver.

I like my Sentinel as my get out of trouble disc. I know it's shorter, but I can throw it on a wicked hyzer that I would only ever use a Whippet for, anyways. Do you use the Whippet for long smooth hyzers, too?

champ banshee
champ teebirds
pro leopard

Banshee fro really overstable/ headwinds
teebird for most drives, and leopard for understable duties

I've been throwing a lot of fairways lately. Sacrificing distance for more control, and I need some form improvements with drivers. I used to just throw a Star Teebird and a GL River. But I've since added a champ eagle and a Z XL. Also a Pred if you consider that a fairway driver.

I used to carry 3 fw molds; A handfull of avengers, a couple xl's, & a z pred.
After switching to a smaller bag (rev deluxe mini) i had to shave down my disc count.
I dont think i lost many lines and my scores have only gone down.

SP Tsunami - overstable driver duties; h wind, spike hyzers, fh, skips, grenades
X Predator - workable control driver; line shaping, pure hyzers (covers a lot of the old avenger territory)
Esp Clone - z like blend of esp, giving me a good flying, overstable clone
TP Clone- workhorse driver; sneaky long qnd super versitile. Sweeping hyzers, dead straight, roll curve, anny, turnover....

From understable to overstable.

X Stratus - Extreme anhyzer, if I need to go straight 175-225 then strong right turn (closer to flat for 175ish, adding more hyzer for longer flight before right turn).

Pro Leopard - Like the stratus but less extreme, and stays straight longer.

Star TL - Super straight to 320ish with an ever so slight fade at the end (5ft. maybe)

P PD(fairway?) - Like the TL but longer.

Z Predator - Heavy wind, otherwise it's like the TL but strong fade.

I've been using the Ascent (over) and Trak (neutral) but I'm still trying to settle on the under. Currently using a slightly beat Pro Leo for under but I"m open for other ideas.

-Banshee
-Eagle X
-Leopard

These three discs are not only my "fairway" drivers but also my "mids". After the Leo, a 12x KCP Aviar is the closest thing to a mid that I throw. I'll put Roc's, Buzzz's, and Gators in my bag at times, but I really like throwing these fairway drivers for all of mid duties that I'm not throwing my Aviar on.

Player's Cup Z Tracker does everything I need.

Why wouldn't Teebirds be fairway drivers? My lineup:
Champ Teebird-Stable/Slightly OS
Champ Leopard-Stable/Slightly US when powered.
beat DX Teebird-Understable

I can throw them about 380-400'. I carry a River too. I can actually throw it further than the fairways listed above.

Um, I'm sorry, but teebirds are definitely fairway drivers. I'm pretty fairway driver heavy so my line up (from overstable to understable) looks like:

Opto XXX
GL XXX
Champ Teebird (9/10)
Champ Teebird (6/10)
Opto River
GL River
TM River

I'll carry a stable Valk and a Beat Valk on longer courses.

My only Max D drivers are 2-3 Kings (1-2 TP and 1 VIP) sometimes a GL Havoc and/or a GL Halo just for fun when a lot of wide open distance is needed.

Super stable Firebird - I use this for big spikes, headwind hyzers, short flicks

Beat Z Xtra - Tailwind hyzers and straight headwind shots.

Champ Glo Leopard - dead straight, hyzer flips, control and turnover shots. One of my favorite discs.