• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fairway Driver Lineup

Leopard understable ( star, beat in )
Teebird stable ( star )
Predator overstable ( esp )

edit : all between 170 and 175. They are still in my bag from when I started, and back then I bought all max weigth.

172g new Z Pred for overstable duty
172g seasoned First run S-PD for straight shots
168g C-TD for straight to turnover
168g Pro Leopard for turnover shots

I also carry well seasoned Z-predator for straight and utility disc, which is slightly less stable and shorter than my PD.

^Do you find the MJLS and Ch. Leo overlapping at all?

Not yet, the Leopard is pretty beat and the MJLS is pretty new.
The plan was to beat the MJLS into the understable slot to replace the Leopard and use an SJLS I have for the stable slot.
Thing is, the Leopard has become so reliable for so many shots I'm not sure I'll end up replacing it after all.

Kind of waited to see where this thread would go. I was personally curious about the Eagle, but didn't see too many list that. To me, it seems to overlap with the teebird a lot. True or not so much? Or maybe it overlaps with the striker too much?

I have a small bag for shorter courses, and my main bag so I have 2 FW lineups, all 172-175g.

Fade crunchbox:
ESP cyclone
Champ leopard
Opto river

Latitude 64 pro bag:
Champ teebird
Champ leopard
GL river
Gl striker

Kind of waited to see where this thread would go. I was personally curious about the Eagle, but didn't see too many list that. To me, it seems to overlap with the teebird a lot. True or not so much?
i carry a 11x teebird and a really gummy star eagle. the teebird is pretty stable as to where the eagle will give me more turn. i throw the teebird or eagle on holes 400'+ so at distance i either want my A: teebird to go straight the whole way or B: the eagle if i need it to flex a little. i dont think they overlap in my bag. but if i had a 11x eagle, i could see some overlap.

champ banshee
champ teebird
champ TL plus
star Eagle
champ Leopard

I throw mostly fairways for my drives because my local courses have pretty short holes. I don't have the distance to be throwing speed 13 stuff anyways. the TL plus is probably the most thrown disc in my bag.

i carry a 11x teebird and a really gummy star eagle. the teebird is pretty stable as to where the eagle will give me more turn. i throw the teebird or eagle on holes 400'+ so at distance i either want my A: teebird to go straight the whole way or B: the eagle if i need it to flex a little. i dont think they overlap in my bag. but if i had a 11x eagle, i could see some overlap.

Good info. I got a few leos based on recommendations and it has a solid slot in my bags. I was considering a trade for an eagle if it would actually fill a hole but I'm not seeing it. I feel like the striker handles being powered down well, or I can just rip it so I'm fine with that. The teebird has it's own special place for headwinds, but mine isn't super-stable (no skips). Nice straight flight with a consistent fade at the end.

172 Z Pred - Open, headwind, hard fade shots
174 ESP Pred - Beat, tighter fairway, fade shots
170 Z Stalker - Tight fairway, straight as an arrow
174 Ti Stalker - Smooth straight to left flight, overstable
170 Champ Leopard - Slight hyzer to straight straight straight
165 Star Leopard - Hyzer flip to turnover

Well, currently I have 0 fairway drivers as I lost all 3 in a single week (2 in one round). Once I have the cash to replace them and the "surprise" birthday discs my wife ordered come in, I'll have the following:

160 - 170g GL River
169g DX Eagle
175 Champ Banshee

The eagle is my go to driver on most holes 250 - 300ft. I like the extra stability over a teebird because there are a lot of holes on my home course where a turnover results in a wet disc. The banshee is my go to forehand disc, mostly used for 100 - 150ft approach shots that have to fade right. I also use it for grenades. This will be my first River so I'm not sure what I'm gonna use it for, but the plan is everything. I also have a VIP Warship on the way (Pink, 160 - 170g) that may see some use.

Latest posts