• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Farthest you've ever traveled for a round

I did a 4.5 hour drive to get to Troy, MT for the Timberbeast tournament from Helena, MT. In terms of casual rounds for just one day, I used to drive Salem OR to North Plains OR to play Hornings twice a month or so. It was a little more than 2 hours each way, but so very, very worth it.

450ish miles and almost 7 hours from Raleigh to Flyboy.

About 2 1/2 hours, to Stoney Hill, to Sugaree, and once to play Sugaree and Blackjack. Those trips were nothing but disc golf. Plenty of trips where I drive an hour or more out of the way to play a course. And combo trips, like routing a road trip around the courses I want to try.

With the thread out on top 2013 courses, it'd be interesting to index which courses people are most willing to travel for. There are a few within an hour that I've been meaning to play for awhile now, and I can't even fit them into another trip (like stopping on my way to the beach, etc.). However I've driven to Sugaree a few times, and I'll happily drive there again the next time I have the chance.

Traveled 541 miles to play Idlewild around the end of Feb. last year played the Cinci area as well. i once travel 2368 miles to go play Birds of Paradise but i played courses along the way.

Drove with buddies to Blue Ribbon Pines from Illinois. It took about 5 1/2 to 6 hours. Played Acorn park on the way back.

Unrelated to casual round trip, but I just played a course in Arizona while visiting friends. Farthest course from IL I've played.

a bit over 2 hours each way, on a whim, to join up with some buddies for 1 round at Camden 2 in Milan IL. It was very much worth it.

Last edited:
we'll go 100 miles the morning of tournaments and come back the same day. Usually anything more than that (Bowling Green is 2 hours and 45 minutes from me) and we stay the night.

Farthest road trip was with a buddy going to 2011 Am Worlds. Left work at noon on Friday and got to my fathers in Buffalo at 3am, then took him to the falls Saturday morning. Approximately 950 miles each way...

about 350 miles one way for me. left ~3am, got back after dark
but on another occasion after the 2012 super bowl, i took an hour nap, and left at midnight, drove over 8 hours , over 550 miles from Memphis the Water Works in Kansas City, [through a lot of dense fog for over 100 miles of it around st louis and kansas city] to get out and play an early morning misty round there...awesome:thmbup:
[the next afternoon I was playing in salt lake city, and the next day in boise idaho-all driving]

but on another occasion after the 2012 super bowl, i took an hour nap, and left at midnight, drove over 8 hours , over 550 miles from Memphis the Water Works in Kansas City, [through a lot of dense fog for over 100 miles of it around st louis and kansas city] to get out and play an early morning misty round there...awesome:thmbup:
[the next afternoon I was playing in salt lake city, and the next day in boise idaho-all driving]

damn dude, that is straight baller

Respect

Did you teleport back to TN?

As of right now, I have driven 2 - 2.5 hours, played a round and then drove the 2 - 2.5 hours back.

I traveled with about 8-10 of my friends from Pauls Valley to Pawhuska to play the Lodge courses. Seems like it was about 4 hours one way.

Maybe after reading the entire OP, I pushed the question a bit. Last year the wife and I went to Europe for not only our honeymoon, but also the Jam In The Dam. But that said, it was imperative that some disc golf was an integral part of our journey.

I've played 19 courses now within an hour or less from my house. Will take a road trip one day.

The farthest Ash and I have driven for a single round is about 400 miles round trip. We have done crazy things like play 4 courses on the last day of a road trip, then drive all the way from Florida home to Chicago. Last week we flew 20 hours from home to play disc golf in New Zealand, but since that wasn't the primary reason for the trip it doesn't quite count.

Latest posts