• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Faster Teebird?

Crush. Maybe slightly beat in?

Tried a beat up pro firebird? Seems like a longer t-bird to me.

DiscMania's PD is pretty close, but Teebirds are really very long when seasoned anyway.

For me, I use a beat ESP First Run Predator for the role of a longer stable TB.

Not the Swords I have. They are a more HSS, less LSS version of my Nukes. They are absolutely perfect for extreme distance where placement is still key.

However, I have been looking into the Boatman. After today's putrid performance at a B tier tournament, I am thinking of revamping half my bag. The Rivers will stay in the bag but play a less prominent role. I do have a beat TeeBird hanging on the wall so I am leaning to putting it back in the bag.

I also have several GL Strikers but they having a little too much LSS for what I am looking for in this spot.

All statistical data I am looking at puts the Boatman is a faster lightly beaten in Star TeeBird. Yet I am still looking for actual testimonials before I leap on something I likely could not afford anyway. I want to give it a try because my Swords were one of the few bright spots of this weekend's massacre.

Not the Swords I have. They are a more HSS, less LSS version of my Nukes. They are absolutely perfect for extreme distance where placement is still key.

However, I have been looking into the Boatman. After today's putrid performance at a B tier tournament, I am thinking of revamping half my bag. The Rivers will stay in the bag but play a less prominent role. I do have a beat TeeBird hanging on the wall so I am leaning to putting it back in the bag.

I also have several GL Strikers but they having a little too much LSS for what I am looking for in this spot.

All statistical data I am looking at puts the Boatman is a faster lightly beaten in Star TeeBird. Yet I am still looking for actual testimonials before I leap on something I likely could not afford anyway. I want to give it a try because my Swords were one of the few bright spots of this weekend's massacre.

You contradict yourself a little in that first sentence, or maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Isn't great HSS and minimal LSS pretty much the characteristics of a TB?

I've got one Boatman I've tried (tournament as they were sold out of Opto when we ordered). That mofo is overstable, but I don't think they are all like that. It reminds me A LOT of a slightly faster PD, and the shape is very similar.

James XC,

I'm not going to read through all the pages of this thread just to see if someone has suggested this disc. But I think a DT Diablo would be perfect for you, as long as you got it in Gateway's high end plastic (I think it's "E" plastic. Stands for Evolution or something). When I was maxing out Teebirds at 350', I was throwing Diablos as my straight distance drivers, and boy do I remember them being straight.

I have been looking and looking for a disc that will fly like a warp-speed (11+) Teebird. I have tried Wraith, Destroyer, Avenger, Surge, P-DD, Starfire, SL, and others but just have not found anything like it.

I throw about 330'-350' (golf distance) with my 3 Teebirds and I love them to death. Now I am looking for something that I can put out there a bit more without being too overstable (Destroyer/Stafire), having too much HSS (Surge/Wraith/Avenger) or being too slow (Stafire/SL).

I have a rather large gap in my bag right now and this is the missing disc. Any advice on filling it?

http://www.discmania.net/products/dd-hysteria/

Discmania is owned by Innova.
The Hysteria is what you want.

You contradict yourself a little in that first sentence, or maybe I'm misunderstanding something. Isn't great HSS and minimal LSS pretty much the characteristics of a TB?

I've got one Boatman I've tried (tournament as they were sold out of Opto when we ordered). That mofo is overstable, but I don't think they are all like that. It reminds me A LOT of a slightly faster PD, and the shape is very similar.

You caught me on not being totally clear. My main point was that the Sword is a maximum distance driver on par with the likes of my Nukes. You are right, and I apparently described it as such, the Sword has very similar characteristics of the TeeBird, but unless I am missing something in this overall thread, are we not talking about a disc that is being sought after that is longer than a TeeBird but still in the Fairway Driver category?

If so, than it is not the Sword.

If we are talking about a max driver that flies like a TeeBird, than I stand corrected with the post I quoted. The Sword is definitely a viable option.

I purchased two Tournament Boatmans today thinking they have similar statistics as the TeeBird but could take a little more power. Oh man I was wrong. When thrown with TeeBird like power and form, the Boatman flew almost identical to a Predator. I could straighten it out a little with even more power but my aim became a little unpredictable at the point. I also noticed that it was incredibly nose sensitive and loved to climb upwards.

For comparison I unretired my Star TeeBird and threw it side by side with the Boatman. There was simply no comparison. I had to muscle the Boatman to keep it relatively straight but the TeeBird was so easy, smooth, and accurately straight. I am giving up and not going to bother trying to replace the TeeBird with anything but a TeeBird.

Latest posts