• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Ace?

BIGHAFNER

Eagle Member
I'd like to see what everyone's favorite ace is. MY personal favorite is a putter ace on a hole that you can't see the basket from the teepad at my home course. I threw it, thought "that has a shot," and ran around a tree to see it, as soon as I did, it smashed the chains. It was almost slow-motion. I love putter aces, it feels like they are in the air for so long and you are just waiting for it to happen.

What is YOUR favorite ace?

Veterans DGC in Tupelo, MS. Hole 13. There was a group of 7 people including me, 2 of which are top pro's in the area. I had the pad, stepped up and drilled it with my Omega. This is roughly the route. It was my favorite because of the company.

6853763e.jpg

I have 2 PDGA Pro Worlds aces. Both skip aces.

Hole #3 Highbridge Hills--Blueberry
330 ft with a Star Eagle

Hole #2 Kessler--Cliff Drive
Champion Orc

Made this Ace back on June 11th, 2011. Hole 2 at Timber Lane Park near Houston. The hole is only 167ft, but the fairway narrows down to 7 ft, and there are two trees guarding the basket, so you have to split the uprights. Made the ace with a Soft Magnet

TimberLaneDiscGolfCourse004-1.jpg

#5 at Windwood in Houston. Was playing with Midnightbiker. When i let it go, I said: "well, i hit my line."

0ee0c356.jpg

#12 at cedar hills inraleigh, i missed my line but it got through the trees and held along high hyzer all the way into the chains

372 with a star xout rr

My favorite is ace is the last one I got. A local Discraft sponsored kid and his dad let my buddy and I play through. The hole is a 212 foot downhill tunnel shot with about a 5 foot gap to hit. My buddy steps up and throws a Roc just missing the basket about 4 inches high. I step up and throw my Blue Z Comet, shoot the gap and this is barely drifting right then fades a touch at the last second and slams center chains. It felt so good to ace that hole.

was walkin up to a hole mentioning how i enjoyed the simple hyzer shot needed, but its a pretty toss still. stepped up and popped it dead center and won the ace pot for $100. best one yet of 3

I aced hole #10 at Rollin' Ridge in Brillion, Wi with 9 others watching, including a local pro or two and the course owner. It was the first in course history and got me a 5-year pass. :thmbup:

My first ace (and best ace) was one hole after my brother, friend and I (at the time) broke the record for most holes in 24 hours. There was a local TV guy there, who was reviewing his footage of the previous hole, so it unfortunately didn't make it on TV. Better yet my wife, three kids, tons of friends and family were there to see it, a gallery of about 40-50 people.

#5 at Windwood in Houston. Was playing with Midnightbiker. When i let it go, I said: "well, i hit my line."

I have chained out of #5 at least 10 times and can't seem to get one to stick. My most recent ace is #1 at Windwood but my favorite ace was my 1st ace, hole #14 at Pecan Park in Nacogdoches. I had 2 friends with me and 2 more on the next teebox watching, and that pin location was 1 day old so I was the first one to hit it :thmbup:

hole14.jpg

can't throw this one short so I would go for it everytime

I've only two, ever ...

A wide open 300' #9 at Yellow Creek Park with a Star Wraith was fun to watch. It looked good most of the flight but was a little low nearing the basket when suddenly a gust lifted it maybe 3' and bang, chains.
However, I favor the 210' #16 at White Birch Park with my ESP Comet. It's a tight uphill anyyzer with a blind basket but when it left my hand I felt it, said "uh oh" and moved to try and view it. I didn't see it but the chains rang true.
For both I had the same witness and pics (in case they're the only two, ever. :\ )

Any ace sounds marvelous! Not derailing the thread...keep up the cool stories!

Hole number six at Veterans Park in Lexington KY. It was the Friday doubles before the Lexington Open. It was pretty much a Gulley wash. Raining cats and dogs. I had just fallen in the hole before and was covered in mud on my backside. When it was my turn to throw I just dropped my umbrella and pretty much just heaved it. Turned around grab the umbrella and heard the chains explode.

Or maybe, in 2010 at the Flying Pig Open in Cincinnati at Mt Airy. Was playing the worst opening round ever. Was almost about to give up and go home. We come to one of the six temp holes. You threw off a teepad that is right in front of the Nati disc golf shop. The hole was about 275, a nice little righty hyzer hole. Got up to throw and just said to myself don't throw this into the woods. Let go and and watched it fade right into the basket. And all I could think to myself was, now I can't go home. I ended up winning the three hundred dollar ace fund.

Playing a pro tournament at Otter Creek years ago the ace fund was $5 to enter. Someone donated 4 tickets to Church Hill Downs and that was added to the ace fund also. So the first ace was to get $130 plus the 4 tickets.

Holes 9, 10, 11 & 12 were known as "deuce alley". You could stand on any tee pad, by any basket or in the middle of any of those 4 fairways and see all four holes from tee to basket. They were short and compacted into a small area.

I was on 10s tee, about 60' from 9s basket, getting ready to make my shot when "Bam"!, a local in the group behind us aced #9. The noise interrupted my 30 seconds, so I regrouped and "Bam!" my aviar smacks into hole #10. Less than 60 seconds after the first ace of the day, and he was in the ace fund. :wall::p

I jumped off the tee, threw my hat on the ground and said, "I can't believe I missed $130 by 1 minute"!

After the round and when the TD heard the story a decision was made to split the money between the two of us but the local got the tickets, which I was cool with. So I got $65 for that ace. :)

#5 Miramar park in Seabrook. Yesterday, my 30th birthday. Hit it with a champ gator that I bought last sunday. Only thrown it like 4 times.

Mine would have to be standing on the tee pad of hole four at Banklick I had just added the scores up for my card and since I had a 5 stroke lead with three holes left I decided to run straight at it since I had already won the tourney, Boom tourney won with a ace fund cherry on top. Hole four is known as the whore around here, It was my first ace and is my most frequent ace.

nothing like the first ace. blind hyzer roll-over straight into the chains on an anhyzer line through the woods, 245 feet

i have a couple aces that might not really be considered aces because they werent part of the course. they were thrown from a temp teepad to the practice basket during a ctp basket giveaway. i aced it with a firebird forehand skip to get into the final and then again on the final throw with a huge crowd of people watching around the basket. the crowd roar easily make the last one my favorite. if those dont count as aces(which i dont count them in my ace tally) then id have to go with hole 7 at holly woods with a firebird. hearing the chains on a blind shot is pretty exciting.

Latest posts