• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Favorite Complementary Plastic Combinations

I'd have to go with Star and DX Eagle X. Star eagles start out super beefy, then season into a laser beam line shapers. Dx eagles start out as laser beam line shapers and season into turnover machines. Couple of each and your fairway shots are solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Star for more overstable and pro or Gstar for more understable in drivers. (Wraiths, Valks, leopards)

Star and Dx in mids (Rocs or vrocs)

How about this,

Hard, Medium, Soft Zero Line Daggers

Hard to putt and Medium to throw in the heat, Medium to putt and Soft to throw in the chill.

How about this,

Hard, Medium, Soft Zero Line Daggers

Hard to putt and Medium to throw in the heat, Medium to putt and Soft to throw in the chill.

Have you tried Retro/Prime? Really nice middle ground between Hard and Medium. Not as durable though. I putt Judges and switch out my Blend/Medium for Prime/Retro in the summer time. Trilogy's Hard putters are a little too firm for my liking, even in the heat.

Have you tried Retro/Prime? Really nice middle ground between Hard and Medium. Not as durable though. I putt Judges and switch out my Blend/Medium for Prime/Retro in the summer time. Trilogy's Hard putters are a little too firm for my liking, even in the heat.

For whatever reason, they never made production runs of Daggers in Retro as far as I'm aware. I'd prefer Retro I imagine.

Darned if I wasn't THIS close to picking up a stack of Wizards in a shop today. Talk about plastic options. Literally the only reason I backed off from picking up a short stack was because one of them was penned 176. :doh:

Will be considering switching back to putting with Wizards some day. Probably go firm or S in the heat for putting, plus a few softer suregrip for throwing and putting in the cold. My putters would probably then look like:

Putting Wizard
Throwing Wizard
Proxy or beat Wizard

Plus a Zone and Mirage probably.

As opposed to:

Putting Dagger
Throwing Dagger
Proxy
Envy

For whatever reason, they never made production runs of Daggers in Retro as far as I'm aware. I'd prefer Retro I imagine.

Darned if I wasn't THIS close to picking up a stack of Wizards in a shop today. Talk about plastic options. Literally the only reason I backed off from picking up a short stack was because one of them was penned 176. :doh:

Will be considering switching back to putting with Wizards some day. Probably go firm or S in the heat for putting, plus a few softer suregrip for throwing and putting in the cold. My putters would probably then look like:

Putting Wizard
Throwing Wizard
Proxy or beat Wizard

Plus a Zone and Mirage probably.

As opposed to:

Putting Dagger
Throwing Dagger
Proxy
Envy

I totally understand picking molds based on plastic choices. That's a big part of why I stopped putting Crowns. Just so you know, there do appear to be Retro Daggers readily available. Stack of 5 Retro Burst Daggers for $45 including free shipping: https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/Searchresults.asp?Search=dagger&Submit=

I hate to see someone go back down the Gateway putter rabbit hole. I tried a Wizard and liked it, until I went back to the shop to grab a couple more in the same plastic. I felt through a stack of a dozen SS Wizards and practically all of them felt different. I personally don't bag any Gateway putters because of their ridiculous variance in plastic feel, even though I do like a few of their putter molds.

I totally understand picking molds based on plastic choices. That's a big part of why I stopped putting Crowns. Just so you know, there do appear to be Retro Daggers readily available. Stack of 5 Retro Burst Daggers for $45 including free shipping: https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/Searchresults.asp?Search=dagger&Submit=

I hate to see someone go back down the Gateway putter rabbit hole. I tried a Wizard and liked it, until I went back to the shop to grab a couple more in the same plastic. I felt through a stack of a dozen SS Wizards and practically all of them felt different. I personally don't bag any Gateway putters because of their ridiculous variance in plastic feel, even though I do like a few of their putter molds.

I switched from putting with Wizards because of this as well. I have a pair of matching firm wizards that I putted with for several months. Decided to buy some back ups and I can't find a firm wizard that feels anything like the two that I have. So I switched to DX aviar PnA's and haven't looked back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts