• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

JMD27 2020 ITB

jmdaire27

Double Eagle Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience:
- 13+ years playing
- 7th year playing competitively
- (start of 2020) a mid-of-road MA1 player
- (start of 2020) rating at 919 (fell from last year...) 2 MA2 wins
- (start of 2020) bags: Grip B, Grip C
Throwing Style:
- Primary RHBH
- Proficient RHFH
- Minimal OHs/Rollers
- Spush putter
Golf Distance (flat ground):
- BH Avg max around 380'/max out around 410'
- FH comfortable to around 275'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps:
- Wrist (TFCC)/hip soreness from playing goalie for 25+ yrs
Other sport proficiencies:
- Hockey (extensively)
- Most sports to some rec level
Additional Information:
- Drummer
- Enjoy getting outside with the wife/pup
What do you like/dislike about your current bag:
- I really like where my bag is at, carrying most of my bag from last year over.
Specific areas of desired feedback:
- I'm settled in on my molds, so this will be more of a "tracker" as they call it.
2019 goals:
- play in 5-6 (MA1 sanctioned) tourneys
- finish top 5 in at least one
- Improve my rating... how about 940.
- get out to league at least twice a month
- give back (volunteer, course clean up, etc)
- practice putting every day!
- ITB Video maybe?

Typical setup:
Each post will should be some variation of this. All discs will be within 2% of max weight.

Distance
- TRESPASS Main distance driver. I will BH and FH them. I like all the premium plastics. Very comfortable in the hand, gets great glide, and easy distance.
- ENFORCER Headwind, long hyzers, downhill distance. Again, good feel and distance potential.

Control
- UNDERTAKER Workhorse control driver. Very straight and comfortable. I have a bunch from new to beat, OS to US, mainly Z and ESP. Very much a do-it-all mold.
- FELON Great OS fairway. Not a meathook, and very workable in different stages of wear. Mostly FH, maybe an occasional spike hyzer. Very comfortable mold.
- HEAT Not used much, but when I need a standstill, uphill shot, or big turnover, awkward stance FH, etc, it serves its purpose well.

Midrange
- TRUTH Hands down my favorite mold. Favorites are flat small EMac silhouette (prEMacs with the 5/5/0/2 numbers). Very reliable, comfortable, straight. Perfect for the woods. Can't say enough.
- VERDICT Feels like a Truth, but glides a little less and fades more. Good for headwind mid shots, woods, FHs, power mid shots.

Putt and Approach
- ZONE From FH upshots, power putter shots off the tee, get-out-of-trouble, headwind putts, it's great to have.
- REKO This spot in the bag has been in flux. Had the Tomb here but thought it a tad more OS/mid-like than I was looking for. Hoping this will suit. Comfy and straight.
- JUDGE For some silly reason I switched to the warden for a minute last year. Didn't last long. Judge is far more comfy and great.

What I put into the C (that will likely start the season... when that starts remains to be seen...):

Fuzion Burst Trespass - fresh
Lucid-X Trespass - worn
Lucid-X Trespass - fresh
Biofuzion Enforcer - fresh
ESP Heat - used
Z Undertaker - used
Z FR Undertaker - fresh
Lucid Felon - worn
Lucid MF Felon - fresh
Lucid Truth - worn
Lucid Truth - fresh
Lucid Verdict - used
Lucid Verdict - fresh
K1 Reko - fresh
ESP Zone - fresh
Prime Judges - used

Got to get out and throw on my birthday on Tuesday. Left work a little early. Was a good time. Felt sore the next day, just cuz it's been quite a while. Discs I threw include

Judge - Prime - putts
Reko - K1 - straight putter drives and approaches
Zone - ESP - OS approaches, mostly FH
Truth - Lucid x2 - Straight off the T
Verdict - Lucid - OS off the T
Undertaker - Z x2 - straight and hyzer off the T
Heat - ESP - Understable turnover
Felon - Lucid - FH off the T
Trespass - LX - longer FH off the T

Picture time! I am a middle-of-the-pack MA1 player, with ~400' max. Though disc speed usually corresponds to distance, I will tend to use a disc if it fits the situation, so I disc up/down to feel comfortable with the throw. I use a Grip-C for casual/small course play, and a B for tourneys/large courses.
5Z8eX37l.jpg

High speed drivers: generally 350'+, US to OS, like a book
GTt1397l.jpg

Beat and fresh Trespasses, with a 2019 LX for good measure. I like these for BH. The flat 2018 LXs are really comfy for FH. Bio Enforcer, when needed.

Low speed drivers: generally 300'+, US to OS, like a book
aLpXixYl.jpg

A heat for US stuff. Undy's, a used Z that runs a tight S, and an FR Z for that x-x-0-2 kind of flight. And Felons! Beat and fresh Lucid with an LX for good measure! Love FHing these.

Mid range speed: generally 225'+, US to OS, like a book
QW3dcjKl.jpg

Truths and Verdicts. Probably my favorite discs to throw. So comfy in the hand, always come out clean. Very excited to add the LX Verdict to the spread.

Putt and Approach: generally <225'
jMvPUK9l.jpg

Really liking the Reko, and paired with a Zone, offers a great OS and S, One-two punch for putter drives and approaches. And still rocking Judges. Actually changed my putting routine, from grip to adding a little more pop/spin. Been working very well.

I'm thinking during this downtime of quarantine, it should be a goal of those in this forum who post regularly to make an ITB video (for my, and others, enjoyment).

I really like ITBs with some good context to them personally, maybe a couple shots of people throwing, with a caveat that "I am XX rated and can throw XX far (internet or true distance, whatever)."

Think I am gunna try to get out to a field a film a couple tosses, and get some UDisc distances, and finally make an ITB.

I'm thinking during this downtime of quarantine, it should be a goal of those in this forum who post regularly to make an ITB video (for my, and others, enjoyment).

I really like ITBs with some good context to them personally, maybe a couple shots of people throwing, with a caveat that "I am XX rated and can throw XX far (internet or true distance, whatever)."

Think I am gunna try to get out to a field a film a couple tosses, and get some UDisc distances, and finally make an ITB.

Wait I love this.... and I have a drone, which is perfect for throws. I have NO clue how to do follow flight stuff though.

Wait I love this.... and I have a drone, which is perfect for throws. I have NO clue how to do follow flight stuff though.

Indeed either of those (drone and/or follow flight) would be ideal, I don't think it'll be in my cards. Moreso film a throw, show udisc distance or something? Shrugs

Well, for those who care, I took a couple Tombs and Rekos out to a short course and threw them around. It was kind of breezy, but I guess that only adds to things to comment on the discs. So...

K1-Reko (2, both fresh): it has a very Wizard like nose shape to it, round with a bead. It is medium shallow, and flat topped, so pretty comfy in the hand BH (power grip) and ok for FH grip. It is a very true flyer, neutral to boot. Released on a slight hyzer, it will want to fly straight, and end straight. Flips in a headwind. Holds lines, and acts a little more OS in a tail wind (obviously). On hyzer, it'll follow the line to the ground. Anny, it will hold the line without really any fight back. It can handle power, although it'll want to behave a little more US. Thus, it is a great finesse putter approach/driver, al la maybe a slower Comet.

S-Tomb (2, one was a little worn, one fresh, but behaved pretty similar with predictable differences): pretty shallow, has that Innova "v-tech" wing with a boxy nose and a small bead. It's flat, so it feels really good BH and FH. It has a slow mid-range shape, and flight. Flies pretty straight, but likes a little power behind it. If throwing softer, it behaves more OS. Holds the release angle pretty well, and has a slight forward LSS fade. It will flip in a headwind, but may still come back as it slows. More OS in a tail wind. Great for hyzers, but will fight out of an anny if given height. Thus, it is a great putter approach/driver for those that like to give some power behind their throws, even with a putter.

Conclusion: I think they could serve the same purpose in someone's bag, depending on how they like to throw putters. I like them both. The Reko is true, mostly comfortable in a power grip, but will expose any flaws in your throw (if your angle is off, where the disc ends it's flight will also be off); the Reko likes to help the thrower by doing a little work on its own. The tomb is more comfortable to me, FH and BH, and really does fit my playing style, although it requires some oomf to fly to the listed flight numbers; the tomb seems to allow the thrower to do the work, and help correct minor flaws with its extra stability, but it really does fly like a slow mid.

Which will make the bag?!... I still don't know. I do like them both. I have several of each (3 K1 rekos, 3 C and 2 S Tombs), so whichever I go with I will be ok for a while. I like the idea of the tomb, especially having two plastics. The S is straighter then the C, where the C is pretty similar to the Envy in flight. But to learn the Reko and learn to throw with a little more finesse is appealing. Shrugs...

Last edited:

When does this video drop?

Couple pending/likely changes:

- Remove ESP Heat
- Remove K1 Reko
- Add S PDs
- Add S & C Tomb

I've never really been sold on the heat, and I feel I have a beat ESP Undy that can serve as an US fairway. And the Reko/Tomb battle will inevitably continue.

But idk why it matters cuz can't really get out to play anyway. Cheers

Last edited:
Got a lot of filming done over the weekend. Actually filmed a couple rounds, invested in an editing software and had a blast putting the round videos together. I'll get them posted to some capacity at some point.

All this to say I should get my ITB vid up soon.

Nice ITB, I shot myself talking about discs a couple weeks ago and I thought I took video of my throwing but it didn't save so I've just been sitting on it.

I'm surprised you don't have any mids flippier than that most worked in EMac

Nice ITB, I shot myself talking about discs a couple weeks ago and I thought I took video of my throwing but it didn't save so I've just been sitting on it.

I'm surprised you don't have any mids flippier than that most worked in EMac

I've toyed with the idea of adding something like a warrant, and maybe an actual flippy fairway. But... I don't really find myself desiring that shot. Especially around my local courses. I usually just jump to a FH.

And thanks! Definitely took more time than I expected. But the editing was fun.

I've toyed with the idea of adding something like a warrant, and maybe an actual flippy fairway. But... I don't really find myself desiring that shot. Especially around my local courses. I usually just jump to a FH.

And thanks! Definitely took more time than I expected. But the editing was fun.

Editing was a nice touch, especially with the graphics. Now I can't slack on mine when I eventually get it together....

Makes sense if you have a strong enough FH to just pivot to that.

Well, the content I am producing is geared towards DGers, so might as well share it here.

Short 9 hole round, less than 5 minutes. Be sure to read the disclaimer! "Perfect" as in I was taking shots that would look good with the "catch cam" I am using. So, I think I took 4 or 5 mulligans. The course is really easy, though! Enjoy! :thmbup:

I think, just to make it multipurpose, I will add a little review/rating of the course in the description. Anyway, more rounds to come!

Also, if this should go somewhere else, lemme know. :clap:

for you info: filmed with two iphone 7's. Edited with filmora9.

Last edited:
Here is another round I filmed at LP. Was a pretty good round! Got an ace! Stoked it is on film. Couple good putts and drives for good measure! Enjoy

I know I just posted the ITB video, but I am in the midst of some potential changes.

I lost my US Undy to a creek, and don't really have an Undy that flies similar. So, I think the Heat will make an appearance in the bag again.

Also, one of my favorite courses around here (Carlton, very wooded, been there a few times this year) has opened my eyes and made me realize I could use something I don't really have: an understable mid... there's a couple shots that gradually go to the right through some narrow gaps, so a FH isn't the shot, and there isn't enough room to force a Truth on an anny (holes 14 and 15). So... I dabbled with the warrant some time ago, so I ordered one to see if that'll fill the spot for me.

Additionally, and maybe most significantly, my distance drivers are in flux. I feel like the trespass isn't giving me the distance I'd like, and even fresh Lucids have been a bit squirly. I've been toying with the Raider, but think it is still a little too OS for my arm. So... I just ordered some Emperors to try (2 I blends and 2 Splatter S blends; and a Lucid Defender to boot, to test against the Bio Enforcers). Seems like the I blends are a good bomber disc, and the Splatters have some more stability. And, although they are similar to the destroyer, they act more like a beat in one out of the box, which, I think, should fit my game well.

So, the bag could look a bit different in the near future;

Judge/Reko/Zone
Verdict/Truth/Warrant
Undertaker/Felon
Heat/PD
Emperor/Defender

Sure it's adding a couple molds, but I think it'll be a benefit in the long run.

And for your enjoyment, the recently aforementioned Carlton DG Sanctuary

Also, one of my favorite courses around here (Carlton, very wooded, been there a few times this year) has opened my eyes and made me realize I could use something I don't really have: an understable mid... there's a couple shots that gradually go to the right through some narrow gaps, so a FH isn't the shot, and there isn't enough room to force a Truth on an anny (holes 14 and 15). So... I dabbled with the warrant some time ago, so I ordered one to see if that'll fill the spot for me.

Didn't the Warrant go OOP? I found the Warrant and Tursas to be pretty similar. Just something to keep in mind in case Warrants become more scarce.

Didn't the Warrant go OOP? I found the Warrant and Tursas to be pretty similar. Just something to keep in mind in case Warrants become more scarce.

It did, but they are still pretty readily available at various retailers (Infinite, DGC, MarshalStreet, OTB all have some decent stock remaining).

Warrant shares the similar feel as the Truth/Verdict, so I think it's a natural choice. Will keep in mind though! Thanks!

Latest posts