• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite female player?

At 2014 Texas States my wife and I picked an FPO group to follow on the cold Friday. After the round Jennifer Allen came over and sweetly thanked us. Been a fan ever since.

Catrina Allen

Catrina Allen is probably my favorite, but I definitely like Paige Pierce and Paige Bjerkaas as well. I just think Catrina brings everything I would like to see when she takes the course on.

In no particular order:
Madison Walker
Paige B
Rebecca Cox
Tina Oakley

Foursome (tough to narrow it down):
Lisa Fajkus
Paige Bjerkass
Val Jenkins
Sandi Handel (best attitude in the game)

Im a terrible person, I like people with good form and looks.

Kona
Paige P
Paige B
Ragna

Hoping to see a lot more of Henna Blomroos next year. She seems like a great player, from what little coverage we've seen.

At 2014 Texas States my wife and I picked an FPO group to follow on the cold Friday. After the round Jennifer Allen came over and sweetly thanked us. Been a fan ever since.

I used to marshal at an LPGA tournament when it was in the ATL some years ago. Morgan Pressel would always thank us for volunteering as we went through. I've been a Pressel fan since. Think I'll start rooting for Jen Allen more, as well.

I don't follow women's disc golf. But while I was sitting in the bleachers watching the men tee off at Ledgestone hole 1 this year, Paige Bjerkaas sat down right in front of me. I thought I knew who she was but wasn't sure(and also wasn't sure how to pronounce her name), so I asked. She chit-chatted with me off and on as the last couple cards teed off, and then said something along the lines of "hey, nice talking to you but I'm gonna go follow a card that has my friend on it." I came away thinking that she was just a very normal and decent person. It made me happy to see her get such a big win not long after. I hope she keeps it up and has a great career.

If I first acknowledge the talent and intelligence of one of the female players first, can I then say something about her looks?...

If I first acknowledge the talent and intelligence of one of the female players first, can I then say something about her looks?...

Oh well, I am gonna do it anyway...

PaigeB… She obviously has the skills needed to dominate worlds this year and from what I have seen in interviews, is an intelligent young woman but...

Am I the only one that was constantly distracted during worlds when she kept wiping her hand on her butt?:eek: I can remember one throw it seemed like she did it 5 or 6 times before finally throwing... A couple times it seemed like the camera guys were also noticing it and tilting down every so slightly to catch it on video...

...and BTW, this is not a complaint.:D

Last edited:
I don't follow women's disc golf. But while I was sitting in the bleachers watching the men tee off at Ledgestone hole 1 this year, Paige Bjerkaas sat down right in front of me. I thought I knew who she was but wasn't sure(and also wasn't sure how to pronounce her name), so I asked. She chit-chatted with me off and on as the last couple cards teed off, and then said something along the lines of "hey, nice talking to you but I'm gonna go follow a card that has my friend on it." I came away thinking that she was just a very normal and decent person. It made me happy to see her get such a big win not long after. I hope she keeps it up and has a great career.
Her win at Worlds was awesome to watch. I kept thinking she might falter under the pressure but it never happened. She consistently made great shots but played smart and focused golf, laying up instead of risking OB in key moments and just playing her game. Then seeing the other players congratulating her, the hug from her mom, and just her pure joy in that moment. I can't imagine a more impressive first major win in that environment and definitely look forward to seeing how she does next season.