• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Forehand Disc

Favorite Forehand Disc

• Total voters
XCaliber for controlled distance shots. Star Boss for wide open distance holes (big flex shots).

I'm all about the Riot for my FH drives. I broke 375 the other day. :)

I love my Grooves for their great distance and dependable accuracy. However, for shorter holes/drives I really like the precision of the Firebird.

I used to use my Star Wraith and Star Destroyer for forearm shots, but I either developed more snap, or they got too beat in flippy, or both. Currently I use a Star XCaliber (hyzer), a Z Flick (shorter hyzer), and a Star Boss (flex D).

Exactly !

I recently picked up an Eco Star Destroyer to see if it would be more stable than the regular Star and Champion runs, but its not. It's hard to move away from the Destroyer because it has exceptional glide, but once you start turning them over, you really have no choice but to move up.

I dont think there is anything on the planet you can throw with more force than the Star XCal. When you feel good, and nothing hurts, and you want to blast a shot that defies the laws of physics, you forehand an Xcal.

The lighter weight Star Light Bosses are easier when you start to get tired, with tremendous stablity in a lightweight disc, but they lack the glide of the XCal or the Destroyer.

Everyone that throws forehand should learn to throw a Flick, its hard to throw well, but it has no rivals when you do throw it right.

I drive almost exclusively LHFH. That said my favoeite depends on what I want it to do.

Max distance - Champion Groove (too bad it's NOT maximum accuracy)
Into the wind - Star Destroyer
Long with a hard left hook - Elite Z Flick
Long and straight - Firebird
Not quite as long and straight - Tracker or Teebird

Long and right ESP Surge SS FLX. But over the past 2 weekends that Surge is becoming more and more useful. And I'm almost getting the distance I get with the Groove with a little more accuracy or at least consistency. So I chose the Surge. I've tried the Wraith, but didn't care for it much.

I've also had some good success with a Champion Orc and Champion Beast.

You quoted my game very close here. I throw LHFH. I use Star Destroyer almost exclusively for drives. (Groove goes about the same distance.) I use the TL for approaches. Makes me think I might have to try your other discs and see what they do for me...

I used to use RHFH shots much more often, but I have spent a lot of time working on my RHBH. When I throw FH it probably means I want a lot of turn, so I voted for the Monster.
I have also started using the Destroyer and the Boss I recently bought - these are good if I throw the disc with an anny line because they come back and stretch out for more d. I have always used Firebirds as a consistent FH disc. Anything below a Banshee or Whippet in speed and stability and I have to switch to a RHBH anny shot.

I gotta throw a special shout out to the Star FL, Z Reaper, and last but not least, the Champ Starfire. The Surge SS is what I use on most long open drives, but if I need more accuaracy or more of a turn at the end, it's one of the aforementioned.

I picked "other" because I have been throwing a Champ Orc RHFH for ages now. I did with it what I should have done BH. By that I mean I stuck with one disc and now I can shape a ton of different lines FH using my Orc (except annies. no need I just throw BH).

It has become a really versitile disc for me.

Also love the Banshee and don't put it in my bag enough!
Hate the Orc though...sorry, nothing personal;)

Doesn't have the long range distance, but for most holes a dx whippet is the only forearm disc I use.

Latest posts