• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Forehand Disc

Favorite Forehand Disc

• Total voters
I have no forehand, but voted Flick since I just got 2 to try out. It is about time I learned at least enough of a forehand to get myself out of some tight spots. I also have a Firebird and Banshee I use for thumbers as backups. If you are in the Raleigh area this weeked beware of errant Flicks flying around. It could get ugly.

I mainly drive backhanded but when I have to switch to a forehand I'll use my Z force for max D but I have a beat in star firebird for forehands that I want a bit more control on. I find that if I throw surges forehand they flip too much on me.

FTR, still Starfire. It may be the only disc I haven't successfully replaced for something.

For noobs.....
Predator - It's what you want in a Firebird.
It's a distance driver that fades; not a mid range that fades.

Distance:
New (Star) Katana: WOW distance.
New (Pro) Boss (or Wraith)

Short Range: Gator
All around 250' or less FH Disc.

My entire bag is thrown both forehand and backhand. But if I have to pick, teebird or crush.

Right now I'm flicking with the Banshee, but I'm about to throw a firebird in the bag and see how that works as well.

I'm a FH Dominant player, throwing BH a 350' absolute max, but a FH 450+.
The Boss is for when I want more than 390' ending on a hyzer or a skip.
The X-Cal is for a long hyzer, or headwind 350' and up.
The Destroyer is for tight turnover lines, especially through tunnels (as rarely as I play a course with any), I'm learning to get past the destroyer because my Orcs will do close to the same thing with a little less distance.
TeeRex is my new go to FH disc. Remember when you beat your first Firebird in just enough to not meathook and fly super consistently. Remember how good it felt to watch it fly those lines. Add some distance to that without the work and you have the beautiful TeeRex.

Anyone flick a DGA?

I am not a flick player, not as good as I'd like to be anyway, but I am working on it. The DGA Tsunami just flies out of my hand effortlessly. I've got a 50 foot shot from my mailbox and I drilled the chains with a flick the other day. It might just make it into my bag for that shot. I love to throw anny but there are just some holes that are much easier throwing flick.

I've tried flicking star destroyer, boss, firebird, SOLF, valkyrie, of that list I guess Firebird is probably the most consistent, just don't get the distance that I'd like to get.

Let me know if you like DGA to flick, thanks

The tsunami is a very nice disc to flick, I've only thrown my FH around a dozen times but it's been super nice and predictable each of those times. Not sure about other DGA but the tsunami definitely seems undersppreciated.

I love to flick the Groove, I am a little unusual in that I place my middle finger on the rim of the disc and my index finger on the plate. The Groove feels real nice with my middle finger in the groove and I can control it really well

The tsunami is a very nice disc to flick, I've only thrown my FH around a dozen times but it's been super nice and predictable each of those times. Not sure about other DGA but the tsunami definitely seems undersppreciated.

Just started trying one of these myself several weeks back. Like a slightly longer pred with a bit less HSS and a little less fade. Nice so far--definately has potential.