• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Forehand Disc

Favorite Forehand Disc

• Total voters

skurf

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
As I work the forehand into my game, I find myself throwing the Destroyer most of the time unless I'm going for a constant hyzer/skip shot, then I'll throw the Flick. These discs are working pretty well so far, but I was wondering what others prefer to throw forehand and maybe I'll pick one up next time I'm at Disc Nation.

Currently throwing just gazelles and stalkers.

Best forehand disc ever IMO is the Sinus AP...the damn thing just grips right.

I drive almost exclusively LHFH. That said my favoeite depends on what I want it to do.

Max distance - Champion Groove (too bad it's NOT maximum accuracy)
Into the wind - Star Destroyer
Long with a hard left hook - Elite Z Flick
Long and straight - Firebird
Not quite as long and straight - Tracker or Teebird

Long and right ESP Surge SS FLX. But over the past 2 weekends that Surge is becoming more and more useful. And I'm almost getting the distance I get with the Groove with a little more accuracy or at least consistency. So I chose the Surge. I've tried the Wraith, but didn't care for it much.

I've also had some good success with a Champion Orc and Champion Beast.

I mostly use the Reaper or Crush. Lately, I have also been using with some success the Sirius Orion LF. I really like the feel of it.

For forehand drivers, I have yet to find a better driver than the Gateway Spirit. It is an extremely overstable driver than won't turn into a roller unless you do it on purpose. The same stands for the Gateway Demon for midrange flick. I love them!

Definitely Flick...I didn't really have a forehand shot until this disc.

Other: Well I'd have to say my champ roadrunner. Since my forehand is pretty cruddy(ever since I started to build my backhand and switched to mostly backhand) I put it at a slight hyzer and just throw it, not loads of power or anything, just throw it.

I voted destroyer but prefer the banshee for shorter shots. And the gateway warrior may be the best forehand midrange ever made.

For forehand drivers, I have yet to find a better driver than the Gateway Spirit. It is an extremely overstable driver than won't turn into a roller unless you do it on purpose. The same stands for the Gateway Demon for midrange flick. I love them!

I also dig the Spirit, and it doesn't seem to flare as much as other super stable discs. In fact in my experience it hardly flares at all. I think it has to do with the shape of the rim- more curved profile than other super stable discs.