• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Forehand Disc

Favorite Forehand Disc

• Total voters
z predator, champion starfire for a nice "s" curve or an xcal for a big fade.

been wanting to try a flick.

my FH is still pretty poor. needs a lot of work. i seem to have a problem keeping the disc up, it just drops right into the ground after about 100'. i can't decide if i should do a technique overhaul or try a 150 flick or both.

I use a Champ Monster as my main forehand driver. I've been using this disc for FH drives for a couple of years now.

I am now thinking that I probably have developed a lot of OAT on my FH, and might benefit from throwing something a little less overstable.

Starfire maybe?

I also dig the Spirit, and it doesn't seem to flare as much as other super stable discs. In fact in my experience it hardly flares at all. I think it has to do with the shape of the rim- more curved profile than other super stable discs.

Completely agree! If you guys haven't tried the spirit, you definitely should! I don't think there is a better disc on the market for forehand!

Elite Z Predator for general use, but I love the XCal for wide open bombs.
I tried the ESP Venom today and thought it was pretty sweet though. Once I get it down I feel like it will give me some long straight distance before falling off at the end.

Vote for other - Champion GROOVE. Great distance and getting more accurate.

Seeing all you guys voting for the destroyer, I should try the Star Destroyer I just bought for forehand throws.

Vote for other - Champion GROOVE. Great distance and getting more accurate.

Seeing all you guys voting for the destroyer, I should try the Star Destroyer I just bought for forehand throws.

Destroyers are sweet because the different plastics and stages of wear cover forehand drives for long turnover, hyzers, and skips

The only two discs I throw with a forearm is a classic roc (little right-to-left flick anhyzer shots) and a star wraith. I used to throw forearm quite a bit but I have moved away from it in the past year because my backhand has really come along.

I used to use my Star Wraith and Star Destroyer for forearm shots, but I either developed more snap, or they got too beat in flippy, or both. Currently I use a Star XCaliber (hyzer), a Z Flick (shorter hyzer), and a Star Boss (flex D).

orc is my go to disc. but have been enjoying my avenger, pulse, force, and drone. sometimes i throw my rhyno fh too.

Star Boss, Xcaliber, Force, Flick, Max, and FL depending on conditions, etc.