• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Mid-Range?

Ok, so far AWESOME replies. thanks to all.

I want to try / work in:
Z wasp
Star Cro
Star Coyote
Roc (KC pro i guess)
Core? who makes that and what does it do?

I wish I could try a Nebula...i love Discraft mids, they are my favs so far.

Well, ok. I will be sure to try these out.

that was another question I had...what other brands made some good discs...mainly mids, that are worth checking out?

thanks

I'm finding more and more that I'm pulling a FLX Drone out of my bag. I play in the woods mostly and nothing is better at hookshots around trees than the Drone. Of course, it could be my lousy playing that puts me in those positions in the first place...

I just wish I can find something exactly like a Drone except understable for serious annys. My forehand suxs so right now I'm using a semi-beat DX XD RHBH for that slot but would like something that fit my hand a little better.

For straight mids I love the ESP Meteor. With power it'll turn but powered down (such as a nice downhill shot) it'll fly straight and gliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide for a mile.

Star cro for most everything, Esp Buzz for it's pin point precision, Esp FLX Drone for those windy days and Z comet for whatever line you put it on.

I've been a fan of Elements for a while but I'm really liking the new Sirius Aurora. I've only been throwing it for a month now but I'm finding it quite controllable. The Sirius plastic is standing up to tree hits quite well.

Ok, so far AWESOME replies. thanks to all.

I want to try / work in:
Z wasp
Star Cro
Star Coyote
Roc (KC pro i guess)
Core? who makes that and what does it do?

I wish I could try a Nebula...i love Discraft mids, they are my favs so far.

Well, ok. I will be sure to try these out.

that was another question I had...what other brands made some good discs...mainly mids, that are worth checking out?

thanks

Some good discs in there to try and see what fits your hand and flies well for you. I really recommend trying a roc in dx plastic first, it's more workable to different lines, beats in better to a long straight shot, and is cheaper. I keep a kc pro in my bag too, but it's less versatile for me, and is more for hyzer, headwind and skip shots.

If you love something, let it go:
I believe this may have been stolen from my bag a month ago:
100_1966.jpg

If it loves you, it will come back.
I rewarded the guy who had it with a new Ch.Destroyer, and an old St.Valk. The guy I got it from sells discs @ the Z-B, says a 17ish yr old kid came to him with it, for trade.
I never put a replacement midrange in my bag. Nothing can/will replace the CryZtal BuzzZ.

Core, Core, Core.

An occasional Z Wasp in the wind or for hyzers.

Star Cro for approaches.

Love the Roc, especially the Rancho mold. Really a versatile discs. Also like the Buzzz, I don't throw it for drives like I do the Roc because it flips over on me a lot, so I use it more for approach or tunnel shots. And last but not least the Gateway Warrior, You can really rip this discs and it holds a line forever. I can throw the warrior at least 30ft past my Roc.

DX Roc and ESP Comets for me. I really love my beat-in ESP Comet, some of the things that disc can do is unreal!

I'm finding more and more that I'm pulling a FLX Drone out of my bag. I play in the woods mostly and nothing is better at hookshots around trees than the Drone. Of course, it could be my lousy playing that puts me in those positions in the first place...

I just wish I can find something exactly like a Drone except understable for serious annys. My forehand suxs so right now I'm using a semi-beat DX XD RHBH for that slot but would like something that fit my hand a little better.

For straight mids I love the ESP Meteor. With power it'll turn but powered down (such as a nice downhill shot) it'll fly straight and gliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide for a mile.

get a Z GLIDE....like a meteor but more dramatic

I like my Star San Marino Roc for all my approach shots under 150 feet. For over 150 feet I will eather use my Star Valkyrie or my Champion Sidewinder.

Buzzz Buzzz Buzzz (lightyear) to the rescue.

I carry two z buzzz's and love them. One is 178g and will fly dead straight to 300 ft. The other is 169g and will turn in the middle of the flight and fade at the end, it will also hold a nice anny line. I will throw them off the tee or when I get into trouble off the tee, they will rescue me.

Putters!!!

I like my Star San Marino Roc for all my approach shots under 150 feet. For over 150 feet I will eather use my Star Valkyrie or my Champion Sidewinder.

Think putter. You will only get better. Straight with 0 fade is good. I mean 0 fade! I have a noodle arm and anything under 200' is putter range. Live it, learn it. It will help your game.