• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Mid-Range?

Buzzz all day long.

I pack an X and an ESP. ESP is slightly more overstable and will take just a touch more of a hyzer at the end of flight. The X will keep a straight line all the way. Both will keep any hyzer line you put them on but the X will anny like butter. Both are 173g.

agreed

Buzzz Buzzz Buzzz (lightyear) to the rescue.

I carry two z buzzz's and love them. One is 178g and will fly dead straight to 300 ft. The other is 169g and will turn in the middle of the flight and fade at the end, it will also hold a nice anny line. I will throw them off the tee or when I get into trouble off the tee, they will rescue me.

yeah i have a 178g and a 168g Z buzzz. i agree totally...one is straighter and heftier through wind, the other on a call day will zip, turn a tiny bit mid flight then come back...

theyre so good. sometimes i throw them too far tho. why i use the mako and focus for shorter stuff:hfive:

love me some mids. the ones that get the most use are Cyztal Buzzz and ESP wasp.

I do want to try a core as it gets rave reviews and gets compared to the buzzz.

You will like it. Think Buzzz with more glide. The more I throw it, the lonelier my fairway drivers get.

I pretty much use my DX Roc and Cro's of all plastic wherever I can. I have been utilizing the Vibram VP as a mid now as well and it has done its job in that position.

So, yeah, I really want to try a CORE and a CRO (i think i through a guys cro a few times...its basically a more over-stable mako, in my opinion)
I just don't have too much interest in the ROC, but then again, I haven't really thrown it, it just sounds so much like a Buzz.

I've heard of Vibram, but...uhhh never seen any. I've heard of Lat64 the sweed company, and im not a fan of Quest, except for the T-BONE is pretty damn good.

hmmm,

CORE for now....thanks for all the good reply's

Man, knocking the roc without trying it is absolutely ridiculous. Way to pass on what most consider to be the best mid of all time.

Apparently from the answers in this thread im the only one but, the Champion Panther is my mid range of choice. It always finds a way into my bag and it never seems to let me down.

I'm torn.

I used to say my perfectly beat Champ Coyote 172g...until I lost it. :(
Now I'd say Pro D Buzzz 168g or KC Pro Roc 180g, depending on how I'm feeling.

haven't you lost that buzzz yet
:)

i like the storm, def a step closer to a driver, if you want one let me know - to me it IS the buzzz on roids
but- i'm trying the impact out now for that spot cause i need discs that are easy to replace...

For the core.........Weight of choice? I prefer heavier mids 172-175
Plastic of choice, i don't throw any discs other than discraft/innova. I actually had to look up who made the core, and do own a striker, which i think is the same company, but i don't throw it

Plastic of choice, and how does the stability effect each.

thanks for the help and sorry for the thread jack

yeah, roc is like a wasp that wears into a flippy disc

i choose buzzz, but i also have other discs that fill in the over and under stable slots

rocs have that as an advantage, but you have know "which mold" roc your getting

with a buzzz, you get a buzzz, thats discracts advantage