• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Pro

David Greenwell and Lavone Wolfe.

Probably going to have to go with Dave Greenwell. Really the only one that I've spoken to for a period of time, he stopped me (at ncdgc) and we had a nice little conversation before we were told we had to keep going because we would hold up groups behind us. Seems like any guy where you'd walk onto a course and join up with, have a good time, and learn a lot. He loves telling stories :thmbup:

Scott Burtard
:hfive:

His car, cribbage, rhynos, did i mention his car?, and some more cribbage. Definitely!!

I'll put down Dana V and Big Jay. Easygoing and willing to help if asked.

McBeth/GG - best sign language 1000 rated players that I know. Not fluent but can hold a conversation w/ the Deaf.

And to be honest I said him because I was talking with him and he said he was sad that no one mentioned him in this thread when he read it.

Ulibarri, Nikko, Schusterick, and D wiggins jr.
These guys are the future! Also had a great time playing a round with Barsby and Nikko the day before the memorial, Barsby is hilarious, and Nikko can throw 600 ft just messin around and accurate to boot.

Patrick Blazek

big cale leviska and christian dietrich. both have clean games all around. obviously feldberg is a badass too, i'd like to throw with that mf'r. other than that i enjoy playin with the locals, coda hatfield and a dude named brad workman. super rad guys, who can throw down some serious disc.. il be there one day..

I have played with Barry once, and he was really easy to play with. The conversation was minimal, but we were playing a competitive round. He used to patronize our A-Tier tournament every year, but I think he decided to stick it out up north that time of year recently. Genuinely a good guy.

I have been around Nikko since he was a little guy looking up to all of us local "Pros". He has always been a competitive spark plug, but that is just the way his game works best...he has to get fired up or he loses some edge. I am sure that everyone can see that he is getting much better at this facet of his game. When he came back through town after the Brent Hambrick, I remember him saying that he had a hard time keeping his edge with the huge galleries every round, because he felt like he couldn't let the fire out too much. Oh well, I still get major goose-bumps when I know I get to play on his card...it is almost like playing with your younger brother and loving the fact that you are getting butt stomped!

I met The Champ on the practice basket at Hudson Mills back in about '96 at the DGLO and was very unimpressed. I guess he felt that since there was no one else to hear him that it was allright to to throw some insults at me. Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but too late.

Otherwise, Paul Ulibarri (won a random draw doubles playoff against Nikko with him) is super friendly. Where did Todd Branch go (another Hudson Mills product)? How about Scott Stokely - he might be my alltime favorite...

id say
Matt Orum ( pretty much taught me how to play)
Greg Barsby
Cameron Colglazier ( myself) haha

Paul U and JohnE McCray. Played a whole round with JohnE and had no idea who he was until the next day. Really nice guy.

I'm going to have to go with the only one I have actually played with. Dion Arlen, the kid can bomb em. He is very humble and a great all around kid. He shot a 39 at our league night on Lincoln Park South.

Latest posts