• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is this the end of Horning's Hideout?

damagedLIVER

Birdie Member
HOLY CRAP!

I know they have had their differences, had no idea it was culminating into this. One of my favorite spots to camp as well, have many good memories from there (@JR Stengele @cefire ) over the years. Really sad to hear about this, this morning. Mama Horning was always so sweet and welcoming. Have nothing but good things to say about the Hornings from my experiences.

Wow, sorry to hear that. I was hoping to play Horning's next summer.

HOLY CRAP!

I know they have had their differences, had no idea it was culminating into this. One of my favorite spots to camp as well, have many good memories from there (@JR Stengele @cefire ) over the years. Really sad to hear about this, this morning. Mama Horning was always so sweet and welcoming. Have nothing but good things to say about the Hornings from my experiences.
Yeah, same here. We used to organize group trips with sometimes 20-25 people down there. Had Bob come to our campsite a time or two to ask us to tone it down. I'm pretty shocked by this, I hope it's not the end of Horning's, love that place.

Any chance it stays open? The article says the other siblings weren't down with Mom signing the conservatorship papers either.

Wow. One of my favorite places I've ever played. I hope it somehow stays open, but that seems unlikely.

From Horning Hideout's website front page

In response to media inquiries about Horning's Hideout, the following information is provided by Bob and Nancy Horning, Manager of Horning's Hideout, LLC.

Horning's Hideout is a privately owned, family business owned and operated by the members of Horning's Hideout, LLC. The ownership of Horning's Hideout facilities and the operation of the business will continue uninterrupted despite the death of Carl Horning. Carl Horning was not actively managing the business of the LLC at the time of his death. Other members of Horning's Hideout, LLC have full legal authority under pre-existing LLC documents to manage the business and the property regardless of any legal proceedings involving members of the LLC. There will be no interruption of the business operations, and weddings and events are continuing to be scheduled as normal. The death of Carl Horning is a tragic loss for the Horning family. Bob Horning and other members of Horning's Hideout are giving their full cooperation to the ongoing investigation by law enforcement. Due to the ongoing investigation, the family of Bob Horning will not be speaking further to media representatives about the tragic incident at Horning's Hideout.

For business inquiries only, please contact:

Nancy Horning, Assistant Manager

Horning's Hideout

(503) 647-2920

Terrible news. My best to the family and community over there. Hornings Hideout is special, and it sucks to have the light of such a beautiful place darkened by something as terrible as this.

Let's all be careful about speculation. Bob hasn't been arrested or charged, much less convicted, of anything.
He is listed as a "person of interest". Crazy that there has still been no arrest - even if it was self-defense. I would think that there is an order to things....

There is a lot more to this story it seems after reading through a Google search.
Reads like a movie with a cast of characters rivaling Dallas or Yellowstone.
Surely a book explaining what led up to this tragedy will come along after it all settles down.
Sometimes fact trump's fiction.

Latest posts