• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

favorite putter

Used to be the Classic Aviar but this switched to the soft rhyno.

I used the same champ Aviar for some 10yrs before switching to my Star Aviar.
I also fly a CrystalZ Challenger, mostly in windy conditions.

Diehard 3x JK Aviar-x user for 8 years until . . .
I started throwing the proto VP. Now I'm a changed man, and a lot of 3x throwers will be very happy when I (finally) kick off my blockbuster disc sale next week.

I've thrown a few different putters (yet to try gateway yet), but my favorite is the JK Pro Aviar. It just has the right feel for me and I am very comfortable with it.

Still using my spike, though I now have a zero line in addition to the grip line.

Also throwing a Pryno on windy days and short drives.

From almost the beginning my favorite and pretty much exclusive putter was a 165g Lightning U-2. It was the first real putter I purchased once I got hooked. I fell instantly in love with it. I did try some challengres and magnets, something from Gateway, a Rhyno and an Aviar. I liked the feel of the Soft Challenger and the Aviar. But the Challenger just didn't hit the chains enough and the Aviar was only 150g and much to flippy on even the slightest winds.

About 2-3 months ago I started having some putting problems mostly at one specific course because of what I called "dead chains." These putting woes started spilling into other courses and my normal putting confidence started flagging.

Enter the 172g Soft Banger GT. Almost instant success. It's soft enough to feel comfortable in my hand, heavy enough to handle the wind and dead chains. And it grips those chains like Jerry Rice grabbing a football. It is a little more stable than my Lightning and I am working on that. And since it's a bit heavier I am coming up short from time to time. Too much muscle memory from the U-2, I guess.

I still carry the U-2 for long (< 100 ft) windless putts. Some habits die hard.

Pro Pig...I keep trying others, but keep coming back to the pig.

I hate to admit it( boy do I) but my DX Challenger has put my Titanic to shame. Now thats its breaking it, its putting very nicely. I have a Soft Magnet coming in the mail, and its really going to have to impress me to knock the Challenger out of the putter pocket.

I am sad to say, the Titanic is now hanging on the retirement wall , in the work out room.

I want to publicly thank SpringDGLoverfor introuducing me to the Challenger.

Soft Magnet.
It's been my putter inside 50' for 2 years. I've tried wizards, challengers, voodoos, aviars, ETC.
Nothing beats it for me.

Banger GT Soft X.

If you like the challenger, its that with a thumbtrac.

Millenium SuperSoft, a tourney stamped DX Aviar, and Challenger, in that order...

My beloved Blowfly....and if it is a wide open/strong wind, then my Omega SS, or my pig depending on how much wind.

I hate to admit it( boy do I) but my DX Challenger has put my Titanic to shame. Now thats its breaking it, its putting very nicely. I have a Soft Magnet coming in the mail, and its really going to have to impress me to knock the Challenger out of the putter pocket.

I am sad to say, the Titanic is now hanging on the retirement wall , in the work out room.

I want to publicly thank SpringDGLoverfor introuducing me to the Challenger.

No problem bro, just as long as that thing makes putts at Jack Brooks we will win Rec.

well i had been using a skeeter to putt with. It worked wonders for awhile but i quickly went back to putting worse than a blind monkey. so i've decided to solely practice form and technique with a pro d banger GT until it REALLY clicks.

Latest posts