• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

favorite putter

Here's making lemonade out of a lemon. I bought the War Eagle Auburn University GT Banger from HippieDiscDude because I thought he did a nice dye job on it ,and I felt bad that someone from the South had shafted him. OK, really I felt bad that anyone from anywhere would have have done that to him. So yesterday my two sons in from LALA Land, my wife and I were throwing putts at our InStep while I boiled crawfish for the boys. We had 4 VooDoos, 2 Aviars, a Crossfire, a Challenger and the GT Banger. Well, the first three 25 footers I made were with the Banger. Now, I am not parking my Soft VooDoo at all, but I thought this was hilarious. Plus it aggravated my LSU son for me to have an Auburn disc. Priceless.

My Gateway Warlock Super Stupid Soft (175) is currently my favorite putter by far! I just picked up a Daredevil Woodchuck (175) and it feels as if it may be even softer than the SSS, so I'm excited to try it! The Warlock is what the Birdie should have been. If you like stiffer plastic, I used to swear by the Discraft Z Putt'r and the X Putt'r is nice as well. Surprisingly enough, I've never tried an Aviar or Polecat...any recommendations on how I might like one of those?

I didn't read all of the posts... but I didn't see anyone else who putts with a "classic" roc. This is my tried and true putter. It starts out a bit overstable but wears in and holds any line you give it. The only reason I stopped using it for a while was I bought it in champion plastic and eventually the plastic got so slippery that it was constantly going through the chains. Just bought a new one after a terrible putting summer with the blowfly.

I didn't read all of the posts... but I didn't see anyone else who putts with a "classic" roc. This is my tried and true putter. It starts out a bit overstable but wears in and holds any line you give it. The only reason I stopped using it for a while was I bought it in champion plastic and eventually the plastic got so slippery that it was constantly going through the chains. Just bought a new one after a terrible putting summer with the blowfly.

by your name i thought that you woul throw a dart:D

Here's making lemonade out of a lemon. I bought the War Eagle Auburn University GT Banger from HippieDiscDude because I thought he did a nice dye job on it ,and I felt bad that someone from the South had shafted him. OK, really I felt bad that anyone from anywhere would have have done that to him. So yesterday my two sons in from LALA Land, my wife and I were throwing putts at our InStep while I boiled crawfish for the boys. We had 4 VooDoos, 2 Aviars, a Crossfire, a Challenger and the GT Banger. Well, the first three 25 footers I made were with the Banger. Now, I am not parking my Soft VooDoo at all, but I thought this was hilarious. Plus it aggravated my LSU son for me to have an Auburn disc. Priceless.
Thats awesome Bayou. I know if I could hit every putt with in 25-30 ft it would definitely shave some strokes off my game. Im glad your diggin' the Banger. Thanks again for taking it off my hands.

My favorite putter is the Cryztal Flex Challenger. It seems to be the perfect mix of gummy and rigidness to where it sticks pretty good. I rarely get bounce outs. I use that from about 40 ft and in, any further out than that Im using a Cryztal Challenger its nice and stiff seems to go where I want it to. I was a JK Pro Aviar user for a while until I started throwing the Challengers a few years back.

I just got a Daredevil Woodchuck and tried it out last night. First off, if you like really soft, grippy discs...this disc is even softer than Gateway's Super Stupid Soft plastic...but it doesn't quite have that same chalky feel. All that being said, I still prefer the Warlock, but I'm going to carry that Woodchuck around with me for a while as well...

I used to use a roc and classic roc to putt, but am now using a SS Magic and SSS Magic. I'll never go back :)

Oh man...bye bye wizard.

I got my Father's Day Spike today (we both convinced ourselves...she got her birthday disc I got my father's day discs).

I hit everything 50' in tonight...love this putter man...sweeeeeeet. It is shaped like a Magic or beadless Wizard but with a very flat top and two little grip zones...seems gimicky but it works man...even my wife grabbed it on the last hole and sunk a 20' and she had been missing the chain religiously tonight.

was using a supersoft voodoo, but i lost that, so im using an r-pro avair now and beginning to like it.

still keep the jk avair in the bag though for putts i need to flip or fade hard.

i know there's grippier putters out there (blowfly) but the r-pro grabs chains better than anything ive used so far.

was using a supersoft voodoo, but i lost that, so im using an r-pro avair now and beginning to like it.

still keep the jk avair in the bag though for putts i need to flip or fade hard.

i know there's grippier putters out there (blowfly) but the r-pro grabs chains better than anything ive used so far.

how do you lose a putter on a course?

pretty simple to lose a putter if you tee with it like i do..switching putters every 6 months won't improve your game much..i see alot of people in here changing putters because they can't putt..it's not the car's fault, it's the driver!! i have been playing for quite awhile and have used a total of 3 putters...started with a birdie for years and when i lost it i tried the omega ss prototype...lost it and now i have been playing with the same aviar for 7-8 years..if i had half a brain i would have listened to everyone back when i started, and thrown an aviar from the start...how the hell do you spell aviar?

Last edited:
Yes I agree,
I use a challenger is it the end all of putters not for some. when I started I tried a bunch of diffrent ones then when I got to the challenger it fit/felt right. I will throw some diffrent ones my friends have but not during a round I still go back to my Challengers.

Latest posts