• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite putter?

Does anybody here like the magnet or the rhyno because I wan't to get them and I have an Aviar Yeti Pro? Also I'm a newby and liked disc golf in may so if you have any other advice on other discs just say and there is a pond I want to get past at Oak Park in Kansas. :\

1st run Ions would be my favorites, so effortless. But at $100+ they're just too pricey for my liking.
So currently I have a 3 way battle going on between r-pro aviars, dx glow aviars, and a stormtrooper Ion.

I like them all too much to decide :\

I enjoy my dv rhyno for putting.... and my champ rhyno for putting/short drives off the tee. Very dependable flight.... the thumbtrac works great for me. Would like to try a banger out some time. I also like the yeti pro.... has a great chalky feel to it.

Does anybody here like the magnet or the rhyno because I wan't to get them and I have an Aviar Yeti Pro? Also I'm a newby and liked disc golf in may so if you have any other advice on other discs just say and there is a pond I want to get past at Oak Park in Kansas. :\

I love the Soft Magnet.

Alright, let's hear it guys. What's your favorite Putter? I have been throwing aviar's for most of my 12+ years on the course. About a year ago I got hooked on the dart but it doesn't handle wind very well. So, I picked up a SSS Wizard last week and I absolutely love it. But, I've been reading about these and the inconsistency scares me. Are they really that inconsistent? If so, I'm open to try something new.

if you want a big bead putter and want to stick with innova, try a kc or jk aviar. i use regular beadless aviars and kc aviars to cover my putter duties. the gateway inconsistency stories are true. they seem to be getting better recently but jk/kc aviars are pretty darn consistent as far as feel and flight go. you can buy them online and be pretty confident about what you are going to get.

Medium Ion, stiff enough for a consistent grip, and soft enough for absorbing chains

driving and approach - Banger GT

Putting - a thrashed Omega SS no number. I love that thing, buttery goodness.

So, I picked up a SSS Wizard last week and I absolutely love it. But, I've been reading about these and the inconsistency scares me. Are they really that inconsistent? If so, I'm open to try something new.

Inconsistency isn't that much of an issue. It's not like you need to be replacing your putter frequently. Get two or three you like and they'll last for years...

The thing I didn't love about my Wizards is that the flight plate warped up all funky on mine after 6 months of heavy use as a driving putter. Their stability is still nice, but the flight plate is all wrinkled and I don't particularly like that. The flight plates on my Aviars just sank in a bit, but have not warped the same way as gateway plastic.

My putters of choice are beat up DX and KC Pro Aviars. My most beat Aviar, which is totally trashed, is laser straight from way outside the circle. Really easy to run long shots.

I putt with a Ching Chain Crusher, I believe it came before the tank. It is definitely a nice putter.

Latest posts