• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Favorite Putters

I've putted briefly with a lot of different putters. That said, I've only committed a few times to using something for an extended period of time.

Wizards, Ions, Voodoo, Serpents and Rekos have been the discs I've given the hardest look.

I've putted Rekos for the last year and am still loving them. They're perfect for an aggressive spin putter like me and I bang more chains with them than any other putter I've tried.

Birdie ➡ JK Pro Aviar-X (2-rings San Marino) ➡ JK Pro Aviar-X (new one, after a guy's dog ate my other one at Texas Army Trail) ➡ DGA Steady (First Flight) ➡ ....

And now I throw Vibram. Firm ridge for pure putting and a medium Launch for putter-like approach shots (and also for putting from treacherous footing). You really can't beat Vibram for short-game discs.

Started with a borrowed Omega SS, thought I liked soft putters, so I got a Blowfly, went back to the Omega pretty quickly, before switching to a beat gummy Ryno. I used that for over a year as I learned the game more and developed the rest of my bag. I realized I hadn't really expeimented with putters like I had with my mids and drivers, so I gave the Ion a try after watching Mike C throw them 5 million feet. Then I found a used Envy at a local shop and loved the way it felt. Switched to it, gave the Ion to a friend and stuck with the Envy for about 2 years until I tried a Proxy. Same feel as the Envy but with less fade. Now I putt with the Proxy unless i have a stiff headwind, I will switch to the Envy.

If you don't want to read the novel above.
Omega SS>blowfly>omega ss>ryno>ion>envy>proxy

aero>ace>xd>.86whamo>aviar >nova>atom>Wizards, magic>challenger>warden> judge>tank>rhyno>envy>zeppelin>. sure there are more.
right now my under stable putters are polecat, aero> stable, light star aviar,or wizard >overstable tank or envy. carry a nova as a utility putter. super windy days a pig. On my wish list is to bring back the piranha.

I am only going to mention the putters I used for more than 2 years. There were others.

Wizards(Mediums)-Challengers(Pro D then Crystal)-Ions(1st and 3rd runs)-Mercy(Emac or EZE)-Berg(k2)

The Berg while there was an adjustment to learning it has cured almost all my release issues on my putts (Now if I could fix my wrist opening issues). Its here for the long haul. I am a strattle putter, mostly a pitch but theres some spin especially when the wind kicks up. I throw the reko for 25'+ shots when there's significant right to left wind, the berg has a habit to getting away from me if it fades at all. The reko I can trust to stay flat until it hits something.

I putt with KC Aviars, but could easily go back to Wizards.

Before that it was Aviar PnA's, Small Bead Aviars, Rhynos, and Magnets.

IMO Inside the circle, a putter's a putter. Any one will do just fine. As for my choices, I started with an Aviar. Went to a Wizard. And then to a Lightning #2. A couple that didn't make the bag are the Birdie and Blowfly. I carry an Aero but it's more of a get out of trouble disc and to give to a newb when I encounter one. (I've long stopped counting how many I've given away.)

Birdies (which I will still pull out every now and then just for fun)>Aviars (multiple configurations)>Judge>Shield>Plutonium (can't see myself changing anytime soon)

Started with KC Aviars, before I knew who KC was. Loved the bead, and feel in the hand. Then I tried a bunch of stuff for a while, including Wizards, 'cause I needed that bead.

Around 5 years ago I discovered the Ion and haven't looked back.

Coincidentally, today I had one of my highest percentage putting rounds ever, with a Mayhem (Axiom's new driver)

Go figure.

P1->pa3->pure->p1x->Sparta->Atom->Ion->Spin->Magic-> P1

1-year and 9 different putters just for found that first one was the best

Latest posts