• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Favorite Sure Grip Plastic Blend

Favorite Plastic Blend

• Total voters
Several of my SS Voodoos and SS Magics were "chalky". Most in fact. Slightly...it's like a fine sheen on the plastic.

Chalky is supposed to be very easy to tell. Usually there are white flecks throughout the plastic, like this:

Photo_Aug_22__10_53_48_AM.jpg

They are usually SS-SSS in flex.

I went G series, love(d) my old early 2000's era, ultra stiff, G5, G6, G9 were what I bagged, only have one G5 left. Actually chipped off part of a tree trunk with a G5i and the disc had no mark.

I love the Fossil and Fossil Fuel RDG stuff I have, but no true Gateway molds in it, so I didn't know if it counted.

I'm a sucker for softs. Snagged 3 more along with a nice flat evo platinum chief os with vouchers from willmore glow last night.

For me, it really depends on weather conditions and the shot I'm trying to throw. I usually carry OG, PWP, S and SS.

I prefer to putt with OG when it's cooler or wet outside. During the hot summer days, I'll switch over to PWP for putting. When driving, I like SS during the cold/wet and S or PWP when it's hot out.

Back around 2004/2005, there was a special mix of black sure grip plastic that they ran the G5i in that was super tacky, yet was really rigid in terms of flexibility. Those were the best demons to ever be produced and one of the most unique plastic blends I've ever thrown.

Latest posts