• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Few questions - need help

zane2453

Few things that I want help/ advice in

1. I'm losing control of my RHBH. My RHBH was and is still kinda my main shot, but for some reason I have alot less control of it then I use to. Now I'm starting to use a sidearm throw for shots that are straight ahead of me, just because of how little confidence I have in my RHBH now. It seems like I have a permanent anhyzer shot, which is weird because if I try to throw an anhyzer I'm not able to. It'll also sometimes go way too high as well. My RHBH a few weeks ago was not like this. Maybe i'm just psyched out? Or maybe my more frequent use of a sidearm throw is messing up my RHBH shot?

2. I can't really throw over 300 feet, so people advised against me using my Boss as a sidearm and instead use my TeeBird for my sidearm (as well as for my driver). Well, I can't throw a TeeBird with a sidearm for the life of me. My Boss sidearm has literally 100% control and max distance that I can throw, but for some reason whenever I sidearm a TeeBird (or alot of other discs actually), it'll just shoot way left and not go very far. The Boss is a champion mold while my TeeBird is a DX. Maybe I'm just not comfortable for sidearming plastics that aren't champion? Should I stick with what works (Boss) or try to learn to control my TeeBird?

3. Since I can only throw a max of ~300 feet, it's correct that I should be using my TeeBird versus using my other distance drivers right (Tern, Wraith)? As of right now I can throw my other drivers with better distance and control, but people really think I should be using my TeeBird until I can consistently throw over 300 feet. Is this correct?

Please address all three questions, thanks

what is the weight of the teebird? and what are you using for your bh?
but from the information you have given i would say to go get yourself a more overstable disc. i would also suggest staying away from dx plastic. if you do stay with dx though i would suggest higher weights. generally teebirds are great discs all around but dx beats in really quick and depending on the weight can start doing the turn and burn really quick.

what is the weight of the teebird? and what are you using for your bh?
but from the information you have given i would say to go get yourself a more overstable disc. i would also suggest staying away from dx plastic. if you do stay with dx though i would suggest higher weights. generally teebirds are great discs all around but dx beats in really quick and depending on the weight can start doing the turn and burn really quick.
172gm, and I have been using my TeeBird for my RHBH (I use to use my Tern/ Wraith but people said I should be using my TeeBird instead since I can't throw as far)

So perhaps I should buy a champion teebird?

My DX is pretty beat in..
b77e8fcc7b1e7ed502f027a43b49d049.png

Last edited:
It's more about technique vs any plastic or mold. Slower discs will help you build on proper technique while faster ones will tend to hide the flaws.

No need for a boss. Search here the term OAT and you will find a lot of info regarding a good clean drive regardless of Backhand or Forehand.

Learn to throw hyzer flip shots.

Check out the axiom crave. It's a premium plastic tb like disc.

Edit:hell as a new player I'll send you one of mine laying around. Shoot me a PM with your addy.

It's more about technique vs any plastic or mold. Slower discs will help you build on proper technique while faster ones will tend to hide the flaws.

No need for a boss. Search here the term OAT and you will find a lot of info regarding a good clean drive regardless of Backhand or Forehand.

Learn to throw hyzer flip shots.
Reading the thread about OAT thoroughly, hopefully it'll help

I'll go out in a field in the next few days and start learning hyzer flips too
Check out the axiom crave. It's a premium plastic tb like disc.

Edit:hell as a new player I'll send you one of mine laying around. Shoot me a PM with your addy.
You serious?!

Pm'd

I've heard that a good way to fix OAT is to go out in a field and throw hyzer shots with very understable discs.. think this would work?

Also to fix OAT, someone advised making sure I don't follow through with my palm facing up, and try to have my palm neutral to the disc to facing down.. hopefully this'll help

Latest posts