• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Figuring out the dye process

eky8 said:
Yes I am. About 2 tsp. of powdered rit and maybe 1 Tbsp. of liquid laundry detergent. It makes a pretty thick paste.
Nice! Have you been able to find any other agent other than laundry soap? I've been trying to find other binding agents that aren't soap and haven't been successful yet.

I haven't. But I haven't really tried either. I store mine after it's mixed so I can just keep using it. Lasts forever. Dan is using shaving cream for his marbling. I know some people have painted with the shaving cream mixture. But you can't store it. There is a guy on dgcr, goes by DyeingToPlay, that is doing some pretty amazing painting stuff with acetone and dye.

I've been thinking of trying agar agar. Its a seaweed product they use as a thickener in food. There are some other gastronomy things I can't remember right now either

Isn't that the jelly stuff they use for bacterial cultures and petri dishes etc...?

A few I've worked on lately.
a Champion Roadrunner. Crappy Pic Though
2639da9.jpg

a Gold Line Bolt
voly10.jpg

a Grip Line Pure
snnvhz.jpg

A few more.
Premium Midari
iz1d1w.jpg

Champion Glow Orc for a SS gift.
21cbcc4.jpg

Star Teebird for a SS gift.
34i0pwy.jpg

Champion Firebird for a local's wife.
qys7wj.jpg

Here's what I've been working on lately. Here's a bunch of disc's I've dyed for Altitudediscgolf.com
Glow Z Nuke
f3vzmt.jpg

Cryztal Z Buzzz
2pspv0l.jpg

Legacy Rampage
6s6p01.jpg

A week or so before Christmas we had a charity tournament. I was given 9 discs on Thursday night to get dyed by Saturday morning. The guy who draws all the stamps for our local club, drew a few images for me to dye. I didn't have much time to take any pictures. However I was asked after the tournament to dye a couple of his images for a few of the locals. Here those are.

2d9ptz9.jpg

11gowzq.jpg

A couple for my bag.
A Prodiscus Legenda
2qm3hi1.jpg

And a tournament Sword. I did this same design on a Gold Line Bolt for a tournament prize a while back and really liked it.
kecfbl.jpg

A premium 2nd run respecti I got from my secret santa. Tom on the back Jerry on the front. Feels like it needs more. Just not sure what.
35a3z9l.jpg

eky8 said:
Feels like it needs more. Just not sure what.
Don't touch it! It looks great. Stroke of genius putting Tom on the back and Jerry on the front. Well done.

Latest posts