• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Figuring out the dye process

A quick dye for my bag to add some color to my driving putter.
Premium JOKERi
2aihjcw.jpg

Another dye for my bag. A champion glow orc. I need to figure out how to get a good picture of it glowing.
29wtklx.jpg

A tester disc to see what all the colors I recently bought from the dye lady look like dyed on plastic. Yes those are all individual colors not shades. This disc is a beautiful pearly gold line havoc.
2vmbkuu.jpg

quite vivid. exactly what colors did you use? looks like white star was the canvas?

edit: derp. didnt see the canvas details there.

Pearly white gold line for the canvas. The colors: From the inside out. Orange, Lemon Yellow, Golden Yellow, Sunshine Orange, Tangerine, Wine, Scarlet, (The blues) Light Blue, Aquamarine, Evening Blue, Royal Blue, (The greens) Light Green, Mint Green, Kelly Green, Dark Green, (The Pinks) Sea Coral, Fuchsia, Mauve, Old Rose, (The Purples) Purple, Amethyst. Plum, Orchid. Plum may be the darkest color I've ever seen. It's darker than the black. Black for the border and golden yellow and teal in the marbling.

you, sir, just won the Apoth's Book of World Record Dye's coveted "most colors used on a single work" award!

Congratulations!

i really dig it. for sale or trade?

eky8 said:
A tester disc to see what all the colors I recently bought from the dye lady look like dyed on plastic. Yes those are all individual colors not shades. This disc is a beautiful pearly gold line havoc.
2vmbkuu.jpg

It would be a sin to throw and ruin this piece of art. Hat is off to the artist.

eky8 said:
2vmbkuu.jpg

Holy crap. 2 colours(apart from black) scare me.
Did you unmask-dip-remask all the way? Or handpainted in some fashion?

Either way its just fantastic.

A bottom dyed Respecti. Wanted to do blue marbling on the top. But it didn't take. Going to have to rethink what to do. Top view.
auiozm.jpg

Bottom view.
2z7oi37.jpg

A couple new ones from me. A couple commissioned dyes. The green one is a star Cro. Orange is a Champ Aviar. Yellow is a Champ spider.
2mobczd.jpg

A close up of the green one.
k21b9f.jpg

A commission dye. Star Destroyer.
30x97pt.jpg

This one goes in my bag. Prodiscus Jokeri.
jkc7zt.jpg

I've dyed discs with all of my kids school mascots. This dye has my high school mascot on it. Gold Line Flow.
6dy8ma.jpg

Wow dude! Amazing work. Makes me want to get back into dying discs. Love the multiple colors and the faded color technique you are doing.
Are you making a paste for the hand painted stuff?

Yes I am. About 2 tsp. of powdered rit and maybe 1 Tbsp. of liquid laundry detergent. It makes a pretty thick paste.

Latest posts