• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally broke my distance plateau.

It's rolla... I dunno if you know much about it, but I'm gonna have a hard time finding one there.

Three Putt, no offense, if I'm wrong rip me a new one and set me straight.

Oh...I see. You ever played a round with three putt before then?

Oh...I see. You ever played a round with three putt before then?

No, but Rolla is a very Technology based school. Everyone in the dorms plays WOW all day. There are a few guys who like sports and ya know, having fun, you find most, not all, but most of them in frats down there.

And no, but Three Putt is from that area so I was just saying if there is a club he'd know and I didn't wanna piss him off, lol. But I'm wanting to play these two private courses in Vichy during the shcool year (11 miles away) but I'm gonna call and see what the deal is, if I can get in.

No, but Rolla is a very Technology based school. Everyone in the dorms plays WOW all day. There are a few guys who like sports and ya know, having fun, you find most, not all, but most of them in frats down there.

And no, but Three Putt is from that area so I was just saying if there is a club he'd know and I didn't wanna piss him off, lol. But I'm wanting to play these two private courses in Vichy during the shcool year (11 miles away) but I'm gonna call and see what the deal is, if I can get in.

Huh.....alright I got you. Private courses, I'm going to look those up.

Huh.....alright I got you. Private courses, I'm going to look those up.

Supposed to be pretty nice.

No reviews though, so if I can play I'm gonna bring my camera and take pretty good notes (hopefully be able to play it a few times) and then I can write 2 reviews on the courses. :D

Supposed to be pretty nice.

No reviews though, so if I can play I'm gonna bring my camera and take pretty good notes (hopefully be able to play it a few times) and then I can write 2 reviews on the courses. :D

That's a start to getting a signed DGCR mini by Tim. :D

That's a start to getting a signed DGCR mini by Tim. :D

Yeah I know, I saw those, I want to write some reviews, but all the courses around me (that I've played) already have +10 reviews.

I don't just wanna post another redundant one just to get a mini, that'd be gay. I wanna actually earn one if I get it.

But yeah, I really hope I can play both of those. :D:D

Oh, and I'm rooming with my cousin (he's a grade below me) so I'm gonna teach him to play, hopefully he will like it and come with me

Yeah I know, I saw those, I want to write some reviews, but all the courses around me (that I've played) already have +10 reviews.

I don't just wanna post another redundant one just to get a mini, that'd be gay. I wanna actually earn one if I get it.

But yeah, I really hope I can play both of those. :D:D

Oh, and I'm rooming with my cousin (he's a grade below me) so I'm gonna teach him to play, hopefully he will like it and come with me

Nice, I checked out the University.....Missouri S& T right. It looks like a great school for engineering.

Sometimes, though if something changes about a course it would be perfectly fine to add another review to talk about the changes.

Nice, I checked out the University.....Missouri S& T right. It looks like a great school for engineering.

Sometimes, though if something changes about a course it would be perfectly fine to add another review to talk about the changes.

Yeah, used to be UMR university missouri-rolla. Changed it's name to Missouri University of Science & Technology. I don't know why...

and that's a really good point about the changes to a course, I'll keep that in mind and an eye open ;)

Only by 20-30 feet but I've been hitting the same d for about a year. All I had to do was keep my hand bent down in my swing. This got the nose down more. It felt really good to make progress.
Good work! It's really amazing at just how small of a change can make a huge difference.

Good work! It's really amazing at just how small of a change can make a huge difference.
There are a few holes that this will really help out on. I'm also curious to see how much 30 feet flatground becomes when you're throwing downhill.

Yeah, I drive a little under 300

Not sure exactly though, I need to go to a marked football field or something soon so I can get a fix on that number.

Find your course on google earth then use the scale to calculate your distance. it's Not exact but it will get you close. I have a hole on a course that is wide open with trees around 300 feet. I have gone from landing in front of the trees to landing 20-30 feet behind the trees.

Congrats on the distance breaker!!!!you have probably heard this before but search the dan beato video on youtube. It has some great pointers. The new discraft video is really nice too.

Last edited:
Find your course on google earth then use the scale to calculate your distance. it's Not exact but it will get you close. I have a hole on a course that is wide open with trees around 300 feet. I have gone from landing in front of the trees to landing 20-30 feet behind the trees.

NEver thought of that before. Thanks, I am going to try that out next time I go to a course, that I can rip a drive.

Thx, yeah I've gone to a park and done that with google earth. But its a huge soccer field. I can get an estimate, just under 300 but in order to get my exact distance I need to go to a marked field or something.

I'm gonna go look on google earth and try to find a better location, but thx for the help.

Congrats on the distance breaker!!!!you have probably heard this before but search the dan beato video on youtube. It has some great pointers. The new discraft video is really nice too.

Proud to say Dan Beato helped me out by answering a post that I had about S-Curving all of my drives unintentionally. His advice is great.

Congrats, it always feels really good to break a barrier you've been stuck at for a while. Then it's really frustrating to be stuck at your new plateau...:rolleyes:

Congrats, it always feels really good to break a barrier you've been stuck at for a while. Then it's really frustrating to be stuck at your new plateau...:rolleyes:
I have a feeling that I'll get a little more distance out of what I've learned. I did something to my shoulder and I don't think I'm 100%. Could I hit the coveted 100 yards?!?

Yeah, always got that consistent drive to get better.

Find your course on google earth then use the scale to calculate your distance. it's Not exact but it will get you close.

It's pretty damn close to exact. I was amazed to measure the football field and it was off by about a foot and that's probably because I couldn't zoom in any further and get my mouse pointer spot on the endzones.

It's pretty damn close to exact. I was amazed to measure the football field and it was off by about a foot and that's probably because I couldn't zoom in any further and get my mouse pointer spot on the endzones.
Look at my amazing run-on sentence.

I have a feeling that I'll get a little more distance out of what I've learned. I did something to my shoulder and I don't think I'm 100%. Could I hit the coveted 100 yards?!?

I'm sure you will. It didn't take me long to get from 275' to 300'. Now I'm pretty stuck with my good drives averaging about 330', and my longest drives going 360'.