• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finally filmed a group round - Arboretum Back 9

And about the music... very nice choice. I don't know what it is, but it was just totally in the backgound. It didn't interfere with the video at all and I liked that you left some of the actual audio in when good putts were hit, etc.

Definitely it's good to have some of the original sound in there. It makes the video feel more "real."

Upcoming Tournaments?

Are there any upcoming tournaments scheduled at this course? Looks awesome, I'd love to get up there for a weekend!

What happened on hole 7 ? Nobody reached that one ? I expect more from you, Mike ^^ But then everybody birdied 8, which is approx 100 feet longer :D

Nice vid :) And dont worry about the putting, it will come back quickly.

Love the course - I've played there more than anywhere else. Usually breezy but not usually windy.

I aced the last hole shown in the vid on pure luck :)

Filming or throwing? I also have this dilema. When I film it comes out pretty good. When someone in my group grabs the camera & tries to film me? Not so good. So I dont get much footage of myself. I see you are learning the little details filming disc golf play. Being behind the tee box is good for the drive. Getting there & set-up before the player is ready to throw is key. Having enough space for you behind the thrower is tricky sometimes. Catching upshots is even trickier when players are on opposite sides of the fairway. Sneaking in behind them quietly is not so easy sometimes. Your zooming in & following the disc quite well. This is an aquired skill set. The video looks good! Keep 'em coming!

What happened on hole 7 ? Nobody reached that one ? I expect more from you, Mike ^^ But then everybody birdied 8, which is approx 100 feet longer :D

Nice vid :) And dont worry about the putting, it will come back quickly.

7 is a shorter hole but it's kind of tricky. Mike G got lucky taking the side route, often doesn't work that well. Most players take something fast and neutral to slightly understable, and try to throw a shot straight through the pines in the middle and have it flex over slightly. I took an ace run at it the day after this video, and in the video I shot yesterday during my league round we made it up there (But had my putt spit out =/ ).

It's a great course and if anyone is ever in NE Ohio they should check it out. Two sets of tees, two pin positions, 24 holes (Talk of adding another 9), good mix of long / short holes and left / right turns, and two amazing courses nearby (Oak Ledges and Portage Lakes) that are much more wooded.

damn i really want to play that course after watching all of these videos. loved the jazz track on that one. why did ginger man take two drives on some holes?

you should work with the Disc Golf Monthly guys....nice work with the camera, next try some commentating.