• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Firebird Thread

Fighter

Bogey Member
I searched 3 times (enough for me) couldn't find a dedicated thread.

:hfive:

Wondering what people love best about these discs. Runs, plastics, shot types, you name it. A home for those who salivate over delicious firechickens!

Have

CE FX 172
FT 12x run 168
FT 12x run 175

Love them all for every kind of shot except straight and long.

Also, noticed the CE FX leading edge seems half as thick as the newer 12x flat top runs. Only one?

I've got a domey 12x and an uberflat 12x, both champ. It blows my mind how different these discs are.

The flattop is crazy OS. I like it for those low burners that hit and skip/skid HARD around the corner. It's so OS, and my form on overheads is so terrible, that I can't get it to roll all the way over on a thumber.

1 out of 3 was similar.

This is me caring -> :eek:

Disc is too awesome to be contained to 1 thread.

What's with all this misguided love for short meathook discs? Ever hear of release angles...and windless days? I refuse to throw a disc that wants to hit a player upside the head on the hole next to me.

What's with all this misguided love for short meathook discs? Ever hear of release angles...and windless days? I refuse to throw a disc that wants to hit a player upside the head on the hole next to me.

Release angles are what it is all about. Firebirds are the ultimate utility discs. Flex shots, thumbers, tomahawks, FH rollers, spike hyzers, scoobies, etc. I have at least 2 FXs in my bag at all times.

might as well throw in a pic for color....

58175_lg.jpg

Not all Firebirds are ultimate meathooks. I like having one that is somewhere between the coveted uber-flat O/S, and an FL-like flight. Will probably start carrying two in the bag now that my star is getting very worn in.

Just got my first one in Aug, immediately regretted futzing around with Predators. I also carry one flat and a domey 12x champ. The domey one is as overstable as I need for wind (usually don't need more than a good Teebird, really), the flat one just gets abused!

Here's a PLH comparison of the domed and flat ones, and a pic of the 4 I have. Top two are bagged, bottom two are more supa-flats. I don't know if I like the frosted glass or pearly look better...

Attachments

• IMG_20121014_182919.jpg
    IMG_20121014_182919.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_1051[1].jpg
    100_1051[1].jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 54
love me some firechickens. ome of my favorite , most thrown discs in my bag for technical courses. ive been throwing them for a good while and its one disc that has never left my bag. i used to just keep one but i tossed in a 2nd one recently for fresh beefiness. my favorites are the pro candies or the old original glows. ce fx are just as fun but dont last as long.

like sky said,these are great utility discs.

Question, What are the notable differences in flight characteristics between a predator and firechicken?

Short answer: Predator is straighter with fade (L shape), firebird is constant fade (C shape).

Long answer: There are a TON of threads on this topic. TONs.

Short answer: Predator is straighter with fade (L shape), firebird is constant fade (C shape).

Long answer: There are a TON of threads on this topic. TONs.

Figured I'd ask here since there is a thread about firechickens lol. Better than reviving a super old thread and question all kinds of wording to find what I need.

I recently lost my beloved broken in z flick (clear)..... is a firebird close in stability to a broken in flick? The flick (opaque) that I got from a friend is ridiculously overstable.... I would like to get something closer to the one that I lost.

I don't know what you use your Flick for, but I use a Firebird for Thumbers and scrambling Forehands. I love the Firebird because the rim is narrow.

For my hand the Flick rim is way too wide. It depends what feels good and what you use it for most importantly.

Personally, I think the Flick is more stable.

I love me some firebirds keep two in my bag a nice beat in one for backhands and a new 11x for thumbers, flicks, scoobies and FH rollers.

Not as big as a fan of star plastic ones don't think they are as beefy

Figured I'd ask here since there is a thread about firechickens lol. Better than reviving a super old thread and question all kinds of wording to find what I need.

I just remember a thread that really covered it well; without too much flaming. :)

Here it is.