• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Firefly

If Innova makes trash baseline, pray tell who makes good baseline? I'm genuinely curious here.

Trilogy BT Medium/Classic Blend is a perfect baseline plastic in my opinion. Although admittedly, I hate Trilogy's other baseline plastic (prime) even though lots of other people love it.
MVP's electron baseline plastic is pretty great, too.

I emailed Innova asking them to restock the Tour Aviar in better colors. They replied that they were going to make an announcement in a few weeks that would be interesting to me. Maybe something about the Tour Aviar or McPro plastic coming out new soon?

Genuine answers: Prodigy's 300 plastic is pretty good, and was their baseline until the 200 plastic came out. Also, Trilogy's Classic/ZeroHard/BTHard is good, and it's their baseline to me. Origio/Prime came out later, and is not bad.

Discraft's Pro-D is very bad, IMHO. And Innova's DX has had a few decent runs at time, but a lot of waxy garbage at times, as well.

Trilogy BT Medium/Classic Blend is a perfect baseline plastic in my opinion. Although admittedly, I hate Trilogy's other baseline plastic (prime) even though lots of other people love it.
MVP's electron baseline plastic is pretty great, too.

Lots of companies make good baseline, Innova is one of them. Orion must have a reason he hates the Innova baseline selections.

Kinda noticed in the picture they used of Nate it looks like he is doing a spin putt that he normally uses his dart for. Maybe I'm reading into this a bit too much but asking one of the world's best putters to change discs is a huge task. I'm not convinced he's going to replace his p2s with the firefly.

That's most likely just a stock photo of Sexton.

i love the availability of innova and if this really is a P2 clone, there is a good chance I will throw it once I go through the 15 p2s I have stocked up for my putting duties.

I emailed Innova asking them to restock the Tour Aviar in better colors. They replied that they were going to make an announcement in a few weeks that would be interesting to me. Maybe something about the Tour Aviar or McPro plastic coming out new soon?

... or being discontinued :popcorn:

... or being discontinued :popcorn:

that would be an odd choice. my main issue would be with the KC Pro plastic continuing on with a beadless Aviar type mold. I could live with that.

If Innova makes trash baseline, pray tell who makes good baseline? I'm genuinely curious here.

Gateway has many blends of wonderful baseline plastics.
MVPs Electron in soft and firm are both awesome. Electron Firm feels very much like Gateway Eraser.

Westside Origio is good. Best of the trilogy plastics...including their so called premium.

Prodiscus base feels good, if you don't mind clover tops.

Prodigy 300 feels good...but...meh... better than DX anyway.

But the best putter plastic is RPM Hard Magma. As firm as IF Pro but textured more like Gateway. It's amazing stuff.

Lots of companies make good baseline, Innova is one of them. Orion must have a reason he hates the Innova baseline selections.

Only if you like pitting with waxy crayons.

Last edited:
Gateway has many blends of wonderful baseline plastics.
MVPs Electron in soft and firm are both awesome. Electron Firm feels very much like Gateway Eraser.

Westside Origio is good. Best of the trilogy plastics...including their so called premium.

Prodiscus base feels good, if you don't mind clover tops.

Prodigy 300 feels good...but...meh... better than DX anyway.

But the best putter plastic is RPM Hard Magma. As firm as IF Pro but textured more like Gateway. It's amazing stuff.

Only if you like pitting with waxy crayons.

Gateway makes great baseline plastic no doubt. Never held 300 plastic or anything prodiscus or RPM...so no opinion on that...But if you think DX and KC Pro/McPro sucks, how the hell can you like origio and electron? Surely not for the durability.

Last edited:
Innova has the best baseline... too bad they quit making it.:|

b_xd.jpg

I think the best base lines are prodigy 300 and gateway sure grip. I think these 2 baselines are closest to the midgrade plastics like the pro, bt, jawbreaker, etc. Granted all companies are hit or miss so I try not to buy discs without feeling them first.

Gateway makes great baseline plastic no doubt. Never held 300 plastic or anything prodiscus or RPM...so no opinion on that...But if you think DX and KC Pro/McPro sucks, how the hell can you like origio and electron? Surely not for the durability.

Electron soft is super durable. I have an Atom that has over 2 years on it in the bag and it's still a 8/10. It had over a year as my primary putter.

Electron Firm is also durable, but there can be a bit of rim warping on a solid hit. It can be straightened out though. All firm baselines warp on hard hits.

Notice I left out Electron Medium. If that is what you have experience with...yeah, I understand you not liking it. Waffle top city, baby! More useless than DX.

Did Innova get bought out by Google? That was my first thought when I read Nexus. Maybe something similar to DC's JB, or McBeth's new blend? A P2 clone that is readily available would sell like hotcakes. Really makes me wonder what DM's game changer on Thursday will be.

Oh I thought Simon and Eagle were getting married and touring together as a couple since it was Valentine's Day. I guess y'all's speculation makes more sense than mine. :| :rolleyes:

Electron soft is super durable. I have an Atom that has over 2 years on it in the bag and it's still a 8/10. It had over a year as my primary putter.

Electron Firm is also durable, but there can be a bit of rim warping on a solid hit. It can be straightened out though. All firm baselines warp on hard hits.

Notice I left out Electron Medium. If that is what you have experience with...yeah, I understand you not liking it. Waffle top city, baby! More useless than DX.

I've tried the firm and medium. They felt great but beat up quickly in my brief trial with a pair of ions. I'll agree that the firm was much better than medium. I wouldn't consider either in an upgrade on DX durability wise though.

Literally any other company - I think Innova is THE WORST for baseline - which is odd since they are the leaders in most other areas - but Trilogy has great baseline with 3 firmness choices, same with MVP and Prodigy being good as well. Discraft kinda sucks but theyre trying - Innova has been the worst without a doubt - their putters are slippery, warp, don't have good grip, break in the cold, slip out of chains - the only thing is when they are worn in nicely they are good for weather 55-75 degrees. and that's it. Too cold, they suck, too hot? they suck

Innova Baseline SUCKS! - Fight me!!! :p:p

Latest posts