• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Firefly

not arguing ya, but you probably throw with 300-350 power max and probably dont play in many trees with it. Any baseline will last forever like that.

Yea, I as well have old DX and KC in my bag. In WI we have lots of trees. I might not hit as many as most people but as long as your not an idiot and and you dont throw this old stuff when it gets cold then they will last. Only maybe 1 or 2 of the dozen or so discs I have broke have been in warmer weather.

Code:
Max.Wt(g)Diam.(cm)Height(cm)Rim Dep.(cm)Inside Rim Diam.(cm)Rim Thickn.(cm)Rim Depth/Diam.Ratio(%)Rim Config.Flex(kg)

P2 - Psycho 176.0 21.2 2.1 1.5 19.2 1.0 7.1 58.25 7.03
Firefly     175.1 21.1 2.1 1.5 19.1 1.0 7.1 71.00 12.02

They are pretty 1:1 except for the last two. Never really understood what the Rim config meant. Also, for flexibility, in what plastic? P2 was first out in D-line in 2007, so flexibility of D-line in that run, that time? So Nexus is quite the bit stiffer than that, huh? :confused:

Code:
Max.Wt(g)Diam.(cm)Height(cm)Rim Dep.(cm)Inside Rim Diam.(cm)Rim Thickn.(cm)Rim Depth/Diam.Ratio(%)Rim Config.Flex(kg)

P2 - Psycho 176.0 21.2 2.1 1.5 19.2 1.0 7.1 58.25 7.03
Firefly     175.1 21.1 2.1 1.5 19.1 1.0 7.1 71.00 12.02

They are pretty 1:1 except for the last two. Never really understood what the Rim config meant

Simplified meaning: How pointy the rim is.

Huh. Interesting. When in the pic on page 2 it looks identical with a P2

Code:
Dagger	        175,1	21,1	2,1	1,5	19,1	1,0	7,1	75,25	4,65  
Firefly	        175,1	21,1	2,1	1,5	19,1	1,0	7,1	71,00	12,02 
P2 - Psycho	176,0	21,2	2,1	1,5	19,2	1,0	7,1	58,25	7,03

The numbers are closer to Dagger than P2, maybe its some kind of hybrid of these two. Something that is suitable for P2 users and for Ricky?

When you compare profiles of P2 and Firefly, theres also slight difference on angle of wing.

Attachments

• FA77C73A-C190-4F5B-8DAF-FA623A949034.jpeg
    FA77C73A-C190-4F5B-8DAF-FA623A949034.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 114
I like the idea that the Firefly is not as simple as a P2 clone. Something new will be interesting.

Oh and I also throw old DX Rocs in the woods. On the most tightly wooded course around here I probably throw a DX Roc off the tee more than any other disc. And I can throw a beat up DX Roc out to about 325. They just get better with age and wear.

When are these going to be released?

I could've sworn Innova said they were making an announcement sometime this week. Thought it was going to be about the firefly. Hopefully we get more info soon. I'm interested.

Everyone loves, And continues saying "old dx" whatever's. If your 15 year old roc is the best, it just furthers the point that the new dx sucks. The new baselines last about 2 cups of coffee. Bring the old stuff back

Everyone loves, And continues saying "old dx" whatever's. If your 15 year old roc is the best, it just furthers the point that the new dx sucks. The new baselines last about 2 cups of coffee. Bring the old stuff back

I have had some older of the new DX that was really good and just needed to age, the really old stiff from the 2000's was the best but like Discraft stiff Pro D it had the ability for old worn discs to split hitting something in winter. The one older plastic of new type DX, a Stingray just needed to age and loose some of its flex in the disc its self, like the way rubber can stiffen over time.

It's not like Innova is incapable of running good DX - the original DX Thunderbirds were excellent, and took a good while before beating into flippiness.

When I said old, I just meant they had been in my bag for a long time without beating into unusability. I've used a lot of DX Rocs from many generations of DX plastic. The current DX doesn't suck at all. And I don't think I've ever even owned any of the DX from 10+ years ago that a lot of people like to reminisce about.

When I first started getting into DX Rocs, the current runs were the "waxy" stuff that everyone loves to hate on. Honestly even that DX didn't beat in as fast people liked to say. It felt a little weird, but I had some great Rocs from that generation that stayed in my bag a year or more. For $7, a year's worth of use is a bargain. I don't think I've ever even beat a DX Roc into the point that it wasn't usable in some slot; they tend to get lost before that happens.

I went through 4-5 roc3 in 1 season when they came out. One of them went taco after the very first tree hit, about 170 feet away. Too fragile for me. I'm finding better success with p line md2. Found a couple with a lot of star plastic mixed in and they have broken in well, and stayed in the sweet spot for going on 2 years

Latest posts