• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Ace

Hello everyone-
I just joined here and wanted to say hello. I live in Colorado, and today I got my first Ace! Small course in Lafayette: Waneka Lake. Lot's of people use it as a practice course. But for me, it's the closest one to my house. What a rush. I was tossing an Innova Tee-Bird. 171 gram. It'a a 243' hole. I have retired the disc, and will pick up another Tee-Bird tomorrow.
No wind, really. One of my buddies was there to witness. So fun. Anyway, I started playing about 6 months ago and love the game. Look forward to chatting with you all. -Craig

Can't beat the feeling of hearing chains from the tee!

My first was with a 172 Whippet in 1996. Tomahawk ace over trees. Hole #16, Grand Woods Park, Lansing, MI.

Congrats on the ace! There will be more, just keep playing.

IIRC, my first was in late '85 on the original hole #5 on my hometown course. A short hole with a blind tee shot, the basket over a crest. The single chains were unlikely to hold any throws that weren't dead on, so the sound of chains was only a hopeful indicator. We didn't get to actually see the ace happen, just find the disc in the basket.

I think that was with my first golf disc, an XD I bought used from a player visiting town to throw a round.

Congrats on the ace! There will be more, just keep playing.

IIRC, my first was in late '85 on the original hole #5 on my hometown course. A short hole with a blind tee shot, the basket over a crest. The single chains were unlikely to hold any throws that weren't dead on, so the sound of chains was only a hopeful indicator. We didn't get to actually see the ace happen, just find the disc in the basket.

I think that was with my first golf disc, an XD I bought used from a player visiting town to throw a round.

one of those cheaper mach baskets wont hold a decent putt and really hate to have a drive stick if you putt dead straight it sometimes even pops back out due from hitting the pole ive had drives pop back that would have been caught on most other baskets oh well

My first was a huge downhill island shot. Skipped in with my flydye roc3. Probably 260'. I hit metal the next two days in a row. It's a surprisingly difficult hole in tournaments because you always seem to go OB. Not on my regular rounds thougj

Congrats! Always a great feeling.

My first ace was similar to TAFL's with an XD in 1987. It's still my luckiest ace.
The wind was blowing, the hole was a 225' open shot. When I released the disc it air bounced up about 10-15', back down about the same distance then back up again. It then turned left side down and dove right into the chains of the old Mach I.
This was hole #1 at Woodland Mound in Ohio. A modified version of that course was used for the '88 Worlds.

Congrats! Always a great feeling.

My first ace was similar to TAFL's with an XD in 1987. It's still my luckiest ace.
The wind was blowing, the hole was a 225' open shot. When I released the disc it air bounced up about 10-15', back down about the same distance then back up again. It then turned left side down and dove right into the chains of the old Mach I.
This was hole #1 at Woodland Mound in Ohio. A modified version of that course was used for the '88 Worlds.

If all the kids, whining today about this and that basket, could have spent some time playing on Mach I's. :p

Nice, congrats!! After my first (and only) ace I was hooked. That was a little over a year ago. I live this game

Latest posts