• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

treethacker

Birdie Member
When and what course did you have your first disc golf ace?
How long from the time you first started playing the game till your first ace?
How many since then?
By the way,still waiting on mine!!

5 months into my serious playing career. Hole 2, dogleg left, Richmond Hill, Asheville, NC. Threw a star wraith, skipped off the ground, banked off a tree, went into the basket. Havent had one since.

I had my first ace about 4 or 5 years after starting to play DG. It was on the Blue Course at Codorus (Hanover, PA). Hole 12 downhill. Short, maybe 250-300 feet. Because of the downhill throw, the disc would sail and sail, mine s-curved and right at the last second CHING! Right into the chains. Sadly, I haven't had a true ace since, just a lot of close calls.

1st one came about a year in on #11 at Lafleur's Bluff. Had many object aces years before when I played at USM in college but that was my 1st on a basket course after picking up the sport again with baskets and newer type discs. I started playing with a real frissbee-165G.

I've had three aces.

First was at Horizon Park in Winston-Salem, NC after about two years of playiing. 1989 or so.

Second was at Cornwallis Road in Durham, NC two or three years later.

My third was last year at Sunset Park in Rocky Mount, NC. The thing about this ace is the course was brand new at the time and the holes were reconfigured a couple months later. The hole I aced doesn't exist anymore.

Just got my first ace last saturday. Hole #13 in Wrightwood, CA on the Mt. High dgcourse. Slight uphill about 280 Ft.. Used my esp discraft XL. Been playing about 3 years now.

Aces...

Had been playing a while (4+ years) before the first one came. S-flight on hole #7 at Lake Lowndes in Columbus, MS. Great day, stunk up the rest of the round.

Ace number two: red wasp stung my throwing hand on the hole before. 300 ft ace on number 10 at Tombigbee St. Park in Tupelo, MS.

Ace number three: number 6 at Tombigbee with a local pro. Great shot straight in, he was excited for me. Checked his website to find he has aced it 20+ times. Crazy.

Ace number four: My home course, I designed most of the course, especially this hole and I was the first person to have an ace on it. #5, The Dragon's Back, at Panther Prowl DGC in Amory, MS.

Since number four I have 3 novice tees aces. I aced hole #6 in Amory at night with my right hand on a skip and then a few months later with my left hand at night(right hand was broken). How many folks can say they've aced the same hole from the same tee with both hands. Also aced number 9 from the novice tee with my left hand during the broken hand phase.

Last ace was a warm-up shot just prior to a tourney, wasted ace.

May 5th 2010 #7 Fitzgerald Park in Grand Ledge. Do I Get kudos for calling my shot? (assuming I make it any how?)
I started playing Around '93 with an eclipse. Job and Family took precidence around '95 and I hung it up til last year. You get really rusty not playing for 12 years lol.

I have been playing for a little over a year now. But, I play in the land of ten thousand lakes, so the season is shortened dramatically because of the cold. So in the 10 months of discing, I have not recorded an Ace yet. But, I have hit chains 4 times. Now I just have to get lucky.

First Ace

Got my First Ace on New Years Eve (12/31/06) on #4 (310 ft) at Shillito Park in Lexington KY with a Star Wraith.

It took me over two years to get my first Ace after many bounce offs and chain-outs, but I got 4 more in the 3 months after that.

Over the past 6 months I've added 3 more - Two of them on Shillito #14 throwing a High Thumber with the same disc. One was in our local League and the other in the 2008 Lexington Open (A-Tier), so this Banshee earned me about $210 dollars on two shots.

Also had a skip ace off the Ice at Boone Wood (Cincinnati) during their Ice Bowl this year. Craziest conditions I've ever played a tourney in. They had about 3 inches of snow with a half inch ice layer over it that caused discs to really act weird.

Total of 8 in the past 18 months after 2+ years of 0. Still none backhand.

Hey Mike Riewer you need to read Dobbins 66 reply to see about playing in the cold weather. Disc golf has a season??Thats news to me;)

Made a smart alek comment about aces yesterday. got my first one today lol. #18 at fitz 308' blind shot surrounded by bushes and trees.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got my first legit ace today!!!!!!!!!! Took me a little over 4 years

I used my "171 Discraft Buzzz-D" and it was Hole #3 at Civic Center Park in Auburn Hills, Michigan!!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/gallery.php?id=345&mode=gal#

Ok so maybe the hole was only 105 ft., but it was still off of the tee pad and it was a down hill shot

Best part is that me and some friends made an ace pool before we played the round, so I got the ace and the paper!!!!

NICE!!!

Still waiting on my first ace. A friend I work with got his first ace this summer and also won the ace pot. That would really top it of nicely. :) Congrats.

I got my first ace yesterday @ Cass Benton in Northville Michigan on hole 10! I've been playing for about 2.5 years. Feel so good to finally get one. I've been so close far too many times.

Latest posts