• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

My first two aces were on hole four at banklick woods. Then i scored one on hole six at pride park, Pride has a 99 foot hole that i have gotten at least five times. Hole six at gulley, but my favorite is hole two at aj jolly over the lake there was a crowd a fishermen and i got a big applause it was awesome:D

First ace came yesterday, but on an object course. It will be my first ace until I get one in a basket then that one will become my first ace.

This one came at Gilbert Lake State Park in Laurens, NY on hole 9. A 200' hole with the pin protected by a group of trees about 3/4s down the fairway. A RHBH annie with a 177g wolf broke right too early but pinballed off one of the trees and clipped the pin. I guess its better to be lucky then good sometimes.

It was on Elliott Park, a short, super-wooded 9 in Elkhart, Indiana. Hole #4 was short but a complete maze of trees, and somehow my old Roc found a little hyzer path and just nailed it. That was about 4 years into my more serious career (and 9 after I started), and I only have one other since then -- a wide-open 180-footer in South Dakota. I've retired the Roc.

I'll probably never get an ace. I used to always run it on shorter <200' holes but after giving up hudreds of birdies I learned to layup short and right on those holes. When your old like me you have to take the birdies when you can get them.

Made my first ace today!

Hole #10 (old #6) at Bryant Lake Park in Eden Prairie, MN. It's a 300 ft downhill hole with some trees before the green. Used my 169g Wizard and thought I overshot the green at first (you can't see the basket from the teebox). Then my friend says "did you hear that, you hit chains!" so we both go running up and there's my Wizard sitting in the basket!

I've been playing a little over 1 year so it feels awesome to have my first ace already.

I got my first ace on hole 3 at Lenora Park in Ga after playing for about 3 years. The basket is over a hill and completely blind so when we heard the chains we went sprinting over the hill and when we got there it was sitting in the basket. I was so relieved because I had hit chains on that hole a few months earlier but it had deflected away.

In the three years since then I have hit 7 other aces. Most have been on holes around 250ft in length. But I have one that is around 300ft and one that was about 360ft.

My favorite ace so far was a skip ace that I shanked to the right of the fairway. It flew through a stand of trees amazingly missing all of them and then hit the ground and skipped roughly 30 ft forward and 20 ft to the left straight into the basket.

My second favorite ace happened earlier this year when I had hurt my right arm and was forced to learn how to play left handed for 3 months. In just my third game playing lefty I aced hole 1 at Lenora Park. Needless to say my friends weren't exactly happy seeing that only one of them even has an ace. I don't think I will ever let them live that one down.

Last edited:
I retired my first ace disc. I'll let you know if I decide to retire my second. At the very least I will write ace disc on it so if I lose it whoever finds it will know it's an ace disc.

Still waiting after about 3 years. I've had a few hit the top of the basket off of a skip and I drilled the post underneath once as well. My knack seems to be hitting really weird approach shots. I don't know why but I've hit about 8 or 9 different weird shots. Maybe some day that first will come.

I don't know the exact date because it was back in the early 80's but my first ace was Hole 11 at Winton Woods in Cincinnati. I aced it with a big trash can lid frisbee because that's what we played with back then. It's only a 90 foot hole but when you're a 13 or 14 year old kid it definitely counts.

b39230fc.jpg

My last ace was a few months ago at Buckhorn #8. Thank god it hit the basket because if it didn't it would have been in the lake. I threw it way too hard.

b11e2d1b.jpg

John

Last edited:
Still looking for mine. Theres a local course I play and hole 17 is a dogleg. I've hit chain and metal there several times but no ace yet. :( but I only started playing seriously last year. It'll come.

I
Thank god it hit the basket because if it didn't it would have been in the lake. I threw it way too hard.
John

I hear stuff like this about aces alot. I makes me wonder how many aces are really not very good shots that just get lucky. I mean doyou really want you disc coming in chain high from 300' out? Most of the time you won't hit chain and will have a long duece putt.

Exactly my thought. I have decided that the best aces are big hyzers or skip aces because both of them would have stopped close enough for fairly easy birdies. While the straight as an arrow laser type of ace would blow by and leave a 50 to 100 foot putt most of the time.

I retired my first ace disc. I'll let you know if I decide to retire my second. At the very least I will write ace disc on it so if I lose it whoever finds it will know it's an ace disc.

I found a guys Ace Disc yesterday. Kinda curious because the date of the ace was over 2 years old and the disc was still in play. I returned it to the disc shop across the street where they have a returned disc bin. The owner of the shop will email the discs owner.
I've been playing 3 months and am aceless (one really close that hit and hung in the chains, fell and balanced on the rim of the basket...time stopped as I stood on the tee pad...then restarted as the disc tipped out. aw man...still exciting to replay in my head. Yesterday I hit 2 poles Chunk! Drop in deuces.
I'm 50 and am with Sidewinder (Post #24).
I play for the Birdie and shoot to land it within 15' on the easiest putting side of the basket.

The stars aligned, the wind was soft, the sun was not in my eyes and there were no witnesses...cept a couple of ground squirrels and a hawk, but somehow I managed to throw a Roc from the tee pad into the basket on #12 at Vallarta-Ast (aka Token Creek).

Yesterday afternoon.:)

Woodland Mound Park in Cincinnati in the mid 90's on hole 15. A few months later at the same course hole #9 (have hit that one twice). Since then I have only had two since moving to NC at Dorton Park on holes 1 and 4.

University of Idaho hole #2 with my proto wizard.

Many aces can be considered as a bit lucky. If you are firing aggressively at the pin every time you will probably go way past some times. I saw someone make an ACe where his shot would have been at least 100 ft away if it didn't go in the basket.

Just got my first ace today!!!! 10/7/08 at Bull Run, Virginia. On hole 13 (165 feet) with a 174 gram Pro TeeBird-L. Started playing disc golf in June of this year. I played frisbee golf from 1984 to 1992, (object golf with large catch frisbees.)
Scott

Latest posts