• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

188 is nothing to be ashamed of, I got a 189' ace at the GCC doubles round before the tournament on their temp island hole with a little drone flick. Fun Fact- I played that hole 3 times and shot a total of 9 strokes, averaging par. First time an ace, not counted towards the tournament in doubles. 2nd round a drop in birdie ace run. 3rd time when I was leading by 2 strokes with 10 holes to play in the tourney I went OB twice and carded a 6.

I had my second ace throwing a hyser that hooked around a tree and I thought i didn't make it but we walked up aways and it was sitiimg in the basket and I flipped out! My first one was with a groove about a year ago and It skipped of the the gravel into the basket. I stil can't believe it. Nobody would sign my discs though for either of my aces:|:|:|

I got my first ace on hole #2 at the UT Dallas course in January of this year. Roughly 230' hole or so with a hill/mound blocking your view of the basket, making it a blind shot. I threw my Pinnacle Ghost on a gentle hyzer line to get around the hill, and heard the chains! Haven't had any aces since then, but it sure does feel good to get the first one.

My first Ace came on 7/7/11, #19, Joseph Davis State Park, Lewiston, NY.
It took almost 4 years for that first one and I've been playing over 8 years.
I have a total of 7 aces

I got my first ace back in the summer of 2006 or 2007 after 3 or 4 years of trying.

Course: Westchester Lagoon of Anchorage , AK.

Hole: # 7 , an open 217ft hole with a basket set in a pocket between a few trees that mostly blocks a RHBH sweeping hyzer, but not much else. I aced it twice that summer.

Disc: a worn 167 blue Champion TeeBird hyzer flipped straight at it.... both times

Aces: Wizards, TeeBirds, and Firebirds make up most of my 27 aces

The Oaks at Mokena, Hole #2 White, 300' and blind
Forehand with a 165 Champ Eagle

Summer of 2003, I had only been playing casually for a month or two. I was a typical weekend chucker with like 8 friends and a case of beer on the course, carrying an Eagle and a #2 Slice. But that ace got me totally hooked on disc golf. Soon my friends all thought I was a weirdo for carrying a bag and playing so much.

9 total aces between 2003-2008, none since. Of course in that timeframe I was single and playing 5+ days per week until dark, mostly at easier 9-holers. Now I play 1x per week on tough courses, usually playing 18 holes and heading home. Not a lot of ace opportunity!

My first ace was 5/7/07, hole 7 at Plymouth Creek, AKA "The Gatekeeper". I will never forget it. I forehanded my Sirius Orion up the gut with a slight anny, came really close to hitting the right tree, but if squeaked through. The view of the basket was obscured by leaves, but I remember hearing a loud "KA-CHINK!" and then hearing the group on hole 8 go nuts. It had happened. I had gotten my first ace, a "pure", according to the guys at hole 8 teepad, which I later learned meant "no skip" hahahaha. I started playing in summer of 2002, so it took a little under 5 years to hit my first. But since then, I have hit 48 others, for a total of 49. Whatever disc I hit #50 with will probably become a wallhanger.

Here is a pic of hole 7, BTW. Basket is 273 ft down and slight right. Such a fun hole.

42d73eb9.jpg

188 is nothing to be ashamed of, I got a 189' ace at the GCC doubles round before the tournament on their temp island hole with a little drone flick. Fun Fact- I played that hole 3 times and shot a total of 9 strokes, averaging par. First time an ace, not counted towards the tournament in doubles. 2nd round a drop in birdie ace run. 3rd time when I was leading by 2 strokes with 10 holes to play in the tourney I went OB twice and carded a 6.

Aces under 300 feet don't really count. Sorry boys :\

ranger is so good, if he hits an ace under 300', he disregards it.

I can see it now.

*ranger tees off on 290' hole, drains it*
ranger- "Nope, nope, nope, sorry guys, I gotta throw again, didn't count."

I just count it as a birdie and move on with my life. No big deal. I'm probably the most humble guy you could ever meet.

Aces under 300 feet don't really count. Sorry boys :\

I can't believe the TD at my last tournament didn't correct my scorecard and add penalty strokes for both the ones I marked down.

I can't believe the TD at my last tournament didn't correct my scorecard and add penalty strokes for both the ones I marked down.

Well that's silly. You keep them on the score card but just never speak about it.

Free lesson in being classy.