• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First ace?

Mine was on a hole that doesn't exist on our course after it was redesigned. 200 foot shot, 30 foot drop. Not really that impressive now but back then it was incredible. Took me 6 months to get my first ace. Have 19 since. Oh, it was at Richmond Lake, Aberdeen, SD. Only course we have.

took me 2 or 3 months for my first one...note i did play EVERY single day, 2 or 3 rounds...i was hooked!! i now have 3 aces in a little less than a year total(months put together, played for 4 months, quit for 9-10 and started back up)

First: Lewisville Lake Park, Hole #16 i think its about 180'? It was a skip ace, i was playing doubles with 3 of my friends. My partner and I had a 1 stroke lead when we came to the hole, ended up winning by 4...after the ace it was all over:).....to lay the story down, before every throw my friend would say "word of the day is ace!!"...well before my throw i told him the word of the day is Tee-Rex and held my disc up...i then threw it and CHA-CHING....we all went nuts lol

Second Ace: Bear Creek Hole #1, about 260' maybe? first in the air ace....2 witnesses

Third Ace:
Bear Creek Hole#4, not sure how far but its short and wide open....the worst ace ever...one because it is the easiest hole on the course, and two because i hit this ace while playing by myself, THREE i was trying to relieve some stress, so i went to play golf, and i was relieving stress from getting laid off a couple hours earlier in the day..lol

6/14/09, Cass-Benton Hole #15, 215ft.

Sounds more impressive than it is... Hole was meant to be an Ace. Baskets about 50 ft lower than the tee. Just glide your putter down hill. I'm sure this hole gets Aced often.

That being said, I was totally stoked watching it glide towards the basket, realizing it had a sweet line, then... CHING!
Good Times!:D

Good thing my son suggested chucking a putter down that slope!

I got my first ace the other day a hole 8 at Johnny Roberts 366ft with an Avenger I had played 4 days before that one and hit the basket on the same hole I was happy it went in this time

Congrats! That is not an easy hole to ace...(as if any hole is easy) I'm happy when my drive is dry on that hole!

Today!!!

Popped my ace cherry today!

Kind of a cool story too....

Met up with an out-of-towner (Clark, if yer readin' this, had a fun round!) who had never played my home course today. We were coming off of the basket from 12 to 13's tee, and he asked if I had ever had one. Told him had never been close, but the next hole was do-able. Not 45 seconds later, I was hearin chains and slappin high-fives!!!

Over 15 years until my buddy got his first one this weekend. Hole #14 at Vallarta-Ast in Madison, WI. It's a blind dog-right about 240 ft. from the am pad. Through a 175 gram Monarch RHBH with a normal Hyzer through the trees on the right side of the fairway. Had to go pretty deep in, but we heard the noise, and he just stopped and looked at me in disbelief. That was a cool moment.

I still have not had one in my 15 years however...

When and what course did you have your first disc golf ace?
How long from the time you first started playing the game till your first ace?
How many since then?
First and only one: 5/30/2009 @ Cedar Brook Elementary School: #1 - 147'
18 months from the first time I threw real disc golf discs at a basket.

Ace #2: 10/24/2009 @ MacGregor Park: #6 - 260'.
PDGA C-Tier sanctioned tournament. First throw of the second round.
Elite-Z Comet right up the middle.
$345 Ace Pot. :D

Played some of my worst disc golf of the year this past weekend, but that one throw made up for it all.

Maybe now my buddy Omega cuts me some slack on the first ace? BTW, where/when'd you hit yours?
btw this is going to be my last post until i hit an ace , told myself i wouldnt hit 1000 posts until i hit an ace as i feel stupid being an ace member with no ace. Still going to add some reviews until then, PEACE OUT:)

[...]Maybe now my buddy Omega cuts me some slack on the first ace? BTW, where/when'd you hit yours?

btw this is going to be my last post until i hit an ace , told myself i wouldnt hit 1000 posts until i hit an ace as i feel stupid being an ace member with no ace. Still going to add some reviews until then, PEACE OUT:)

bump.gif

So... I've been way excited for the past few days because I nabbed my first "ace."
But... a buddy of mine told me it wasn't one... so, after a half hour of trying to find the rule, I come here...

I threw a thumber, 251 foot hole, at the end of the flight, it came soaring down, hit the top of the basket, bounced about 4 feet in the air, and then came to rest on top of the basket. Ace or no ace?

(Even if it isn't an ace, it goes down in the books as the coolest shot I've ever done)

Sorry, but it must go into the basket to be legit.

Do shots landing on top of the basket count ordinarily?
No.

i got my first ace this past sunday, 11/15/09.

hole 13 @ jefferson barracks, 'A' pin placement- 290 feet.

the hole has changed recently with the removal of some trees on the left center of the fairway, opening up a big, sweeping, LHBH hyzer route for me. i was playing solo, through a foursome of young guys who had progressed to the center of the fairway, and were waiting as i teed. the basket isn't visible from the tee, but as my starfire flew along its majestic parabola, i knew it was a good shot- probably buried under the basket. i turned around to grab my bag and hustle up the fairway for my birdie, and keep the groups moving through the course quickly, when i heard chains and the foursome i was playing through erupted. i about snapped my neck turning around to see the excitement, and they were hopping up and down and whooping it up.

ACE!!!

1 down, many more to go?

So... I've been way excited for the past few days because I nabbed my first "ace."
But... a buddy of mine told me it wasn't one... so, after a half hour of trying to find the rule, I come here...

I threw a thumber, 251 foot hole, at the end of the flight, it came soaring down, hit the top of the basket, bounced about 4 feet in the air, and then came to rest on top of the basket. Ace or no ace?

(Even if it isn't an ace, it goes down in the books as the coolest shot I've ever done)

you actually would get a three on that hole. You have to basically throw your disc down then throw back in for par. If discs land on top it becomes a stroke penalty.

My first and only ace came in late August of this year.

It was at Benton Beach #4 in Rice, MN. 210' shot that has you throw through a few trees near the tee to a open basket if you make it past the trees. Not that hard of a shot but I had only started playing in April of this year, so I was very happy with it. It was with my Cobra. I knew it was a good shot when I let it fly and it cleared the trees. I thought it might be just under the basket, but it hit the chains and fell right in. Was a good moment. Especially since I had 4 witnesses with me at the time.

I've come close a few times since, but haven't got another yet.

Congrats Fairweather !!!!! Sucks that you didn't actually see it but an audience is always cool.

thanks, cap'n...if those guys hadn't been mid-fairway it would have been the ol' "if a disc lands in the basket off a tee shot, but noone's there to see it- is it really an ace?" zen koan deal.

damn, it was a sweet feeling. time to get another!

Latest posts