• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

Congrats, I enjoyed the Brent review. I don't understand the one thumb down, must be either an accident or someone not pleased with the score.

More shocking is that we don't have one played course in common. I'm sure ill hit a Northeast TN course by the end of the year to end that.

Two now :( I don't know how you got so little thumbs down, kudos. I'm already at 20 total, and I've got 1/4th of your helpfuls.

If you ever end up in the Pittsburgh area, I'll be here. I'm sure we'll cross paths eventually. Looks like you have to get out more ;) or maybe it's the other way around

A shout out to Pizza God on becoming the 14th reviewer to post 250 reviews. That's some extraordinary effort there. Only 943 more reviews to go to catch The Valkyrie Kid. A big thank you to him for all his contributions to this site. He's helped me target courses several times.

An impressed Congratulations going out to Mark Blazer (wellsbranch250) for reaching the 1000 thumbs up milestone with the fewest thumbs down ever! :clap: :p :hfive:

Now folks, if you haven't read one of his reviews, he needs 200 "unique"s, so do yourself a favor and take a look at the definition of a "helpful review"!

...ps: at the risk of "nicing" you, I've got your spot reserved on the Diamond Trusted Reviewer list

Wellsbranch250 now has 1098 Thumbs up, but has still not reached Diamond Level. So, if you have never Thumbed up a WB250 review (or even if you have), please visit his DGCR profile right now, read one of his reviews and leave a Thumbs up if you found it helpful.

Wellsbranch250 DGCR profile

It would be awesome if every time someone writes a review for a course, they would take some time to give some Thumbs up or down to the previous four or five reviews for the course. Please consider this a part of your review writing duties.

Also, if you follow or post on The Hole of The Day, please take the time to read a review or two for the course and add some thumbs while you are at it.

Thanks for the shout out on 250 reviews.

on the thumbs down, I don't hold back when I don't like something on a course. That is what a reviewer should do. Notice one of my last reviewed courses has 3/3. I actually like the review I did. It says exactly what a waste of time that course was.

But when you trash a course, someone who plays the course is going to give you a thumbs down.

I ain't gonna change :D

I still have 4 more reviews to write on the last 4 courses I played Saturday. I reviewed two of the short ones get get to 250 last night.

BTW, My current goal is to play every Public (and as many private) courses in Texas. I think I am at the 1/2 way point. People keep adding new courses in areas I have already played all the courses.

Next trip is back to Austin to knock out a few courses and see a show at Stubb's BBQ.

Wellsbranch250 now has 1098 Thumbs up, but has still not reached Diamond Level. So, if you have never Thumbed up a WB250 review (or even if you have), please visit his DGCR profile right now, read one of his reviews and leave a Thumbs up if you found it helpful.

Wellsbranch250 DGCR profile

It would be awesome if every time someone writes a review for a course, they would take some time to give some Thumbs up or down to the previous four or five reviews for the course. Please consider this a part of your review writing duties.

Also, if you follow or post on The Hole of The Day, please take the time to read a review or two for the course and add some thumbs while you are at it.

I just gave him a new unique thumb. I was hoping to be the magic user to push him over the requiement :)

Lol...scrolling through a list of 218 reviews is not even as fun as it sounds, and it doesn't sound fun. :| I found one park I had been to, though. :thmbup:

I very much appreciate the recent new unique thumbs. thank you prerude and Three Putt.

I also do want to continue to point out that another TR, markmcc, has also crossed the 1000 thumb line, and he is also short on the 200 uniques. His reviews and work is every bit as worthy of diamond level. He has reviewed 8 of the current top 25 courses, which would be 5th most among diamond level TRs.

markmcc's profile page
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=36195

Additional Fun Facts among Diamond level Trusted Reviewers (DTR).
DTR with the most reviewed top 25 courses – Hector Chain – 13
DTR with the most reviewed top 10 courses – Mashnut, bjreagh, Hector Chain – 6
DTR with the fewest reviewed top 25 courses – Olorin – 0
Filp City has the most DTR reviews 15 out of 35.
Selah Ranch Lakeside has the highest rating among DTRs with four 5.0 ratings.

Lol...scrolling through a list of 218 reviews is not even as fun as it sounds, and it doesn't sound fun. :| I found one park I had been to, though. :thmbup:

I just gave him a new unique thumb. I was hoping to be the magic user to push him over the requiement :)

Many a Diamond had to wait patiently for that all important 200th unique voter while they were stuck at Cubic Zirconia level.

I recall thanking everyone who's ever thumbed down one of my reviews... cuz for all I know, one of them just may have been my 200th voter. ;)

Last edited:
I also do want to continue to point out that another TR, markmcc, has also crossed the 1000 thumb line, and he is also short on the 200 uniques. His reviews and work is every bit as worthy of diamond level. He has reviewed 8 of the current top 25 courses, which would be 5th most among diamond level TRs.

markmcc's profile page
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=36195

Thank Mark!

As we travel toward our summer volunteer gig in Maine I'm getting a chance to play some of the top courses in the country and filling in a lot of blanks in the NE states.

And as they say, patience is a virtue!!

Mark

I just saw that shifty06 became a trusted reviewer.

Is he the first strictly European reviewer to crack the 100 thumb threshold? Over time I've browsed around looking at a few worldwide courses and don't recall any non North American reviewers with the TR symbol.

Anyways congrats to him. I hope to be able to play a couple of the European courses he's reviewed someday.

It would be great if DGCR really started to get solid footing in Europe, and globally for that matter.

Would make it so much easier for globe-trotting players to have a single place to find courses, regardless where they travel to.

...not to mention the inconsistent format across various regionally popular sites.

Thanks wellsbranch250 for the appreciation. It was quite some work and took a lot of time to reach the 100 thumbs up. I feel honored to (maybe) be the first european guy to achieve the TR symbol.
I guess that DGCR is still not "accessible" to all the europeans over here as i see the language barrier as a problem. Reviewing courses in english gives me a hard time sometimes and my languange is pretty acceptable compared to some of my fellow men.
Nevertheless i think DGCR will get solid footing in europe someday as this website is one of the best disc golf related ones in my eyes. Keep up the good work!

Welcome to the Trusted Reviewer "club", Julian. I put you into the TR Stats spreadsheet with a little note commemorating your unique achievement. I'm sure I'm just like a lot of American disc golfers on here who dream of someday traveling across the Atlantic to play your courses!

Congrats to wericsson on making trusted reviewer status. Not sure how many other reviewers can say this, but he doesn't have one thumb down, Wow! It was a pleasure being able to throw with him yesterday in Nashville.

Blast. I share 0% course commonality with wellsbranch 250 and markmcc - and I wasn't sure that I had ever thumbed any of their reviews. Nice work btw gentleman. Still, it appears that my unique votes from yesterday were still not enough. :-(

In other news, enragedmullet gained silver yesterday. One of those journeymen who has successfully reviewed 55 courses that all seem to have between 2-4 thumbs each. Give him a look!

Congrats to enragedmullet as well. His reviews in the Mobile area has definitely helped me target courses there.

Shout out to Blake833 as well. He also just crossed the silver line. He's building quite the review territorial coverage in Louisiana.

In other news, enragedmullet gained silver yesterday. One of those journeymen who has successfully reviewed 55 courses that all seem to have between 2-4 thumbs each. Give him a look!

Congrats to enragedmullet as well. His reviews in the Mobile area has definitely helped me target courses there.

Shout out to Blake833 as well. He also just crossed the silver line. He's building quite the review territorial coverage in Louisiana.

Congratulations to Mullet and Blake.

What is completely unbelievable is how Wellsbranch250 is still NOT Diamond level with over 1200 Thumbs up!

Is there a way to check how many unique voters they have? They must be close. I will say seeing that has made me go and thumb up as many reviews as I can just to help out people who may one day go for diamond.

Not that I'm aware of. I'm sure I could message timg to find out, but have not done so.

Fun Fact: The Valkyrie Kid recently went over 6,000 thumbs. At this rate in 5 years he will be closing in on the 10,000 mark. At which point DGCR has a Y2K moment and the Universe ends.

Is there a way to check how many unique voters they have? They must be close. I will say seeing that has made me go and thumb up as many reviews as I can just to help out people who may one day go for diamond.

Latest posts