• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First form review

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Grab closer to your navel (swing thru center)
One question: with this cue, are you talking about navel high when standing next to the doorframe (measured it out and grabbed about there in the video) or navel high when dropping into the door frame? Im guessing it's the second as you keep nudging me to grab lower.

Hand height looked fine to me, standing upright somewhere between navel to sternum.

I think you went the opposite direction on side bend one and rear foot too far south. Relax/drop into the drill/transition so your left side bends a little and right shoulder will go slightly higher than left. Make sure your head doesn't move toward your toes/west teeside. You should drop slightly east toward heels, so your head stays upright.

Screen Shot 2024-05-03 at 5.37.38 AM.png

The second vid looked much better especially around 20sec. Make sure your rear knee is not locked straight, should have slight bend still.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

One question: with this cue, are you talking about navel high when standing next to the doorframe (measured it out and grabbed about there in the video) or navel high when dropping into the door frame? Im guessing it's the second as you keep nudging me to grab lower.

I'd refer to his cue for the other big pieces for now. I still tend to find messing with the hand a bit in the sternum/navel range after that useful, but he's right to guide you there. You also have longer levers so you theoretically might have a larger range of highly effective arm slots overall. Need to get the whole rest of posture into place to maximize dem levers.

Hand height looked fine to me, standing upright somewhere between navel to sternum.

I think you went the opposite direction on side bend one and rear foot too far south. Relax/drop into the drill/transition so your left side bends a little and right shoulder will go slightly higher than left. Make sure your head doesn't move toward your toes/west teeside. You should drop slightly east toward heels, so your head stays upright.

View attachment 339007

The second vid looked much better especially around 20sec. Make sure your rear knee is not locked straight, should have slight bend still.
Thanks for the pointers. The yellow line in the pic makes it really clear how much further your rear foot is away from the door frame. For you its past the elbow and for me it is slightly in front of it.

I think I'm inclined to almost lock it because it gives me a bit more movement. There is one muscle in the back of my thigh of the left leg that gets stretched really well in this drill that also seems to be really tight which makes moving the left leg further away from the doorframe difficult. Hard to say which one though, I just looked through pictures of thigh muscles and there is just way too many of them :D I will see how much more I can manage in my stance and report back with some more video. I'm also gonna take up some more stretching to be able to move a bit more freely.

I'd refer to his cue for the other big pieces for now. I still tend to find messing with the hand a bit in the sternum/navel range after that useful, but he's right to guide you there. You also have longer levers so you theoretically might have a larger range of highly effective arm slots overall. Need to get the whole rest of posture into place to maximize dem levers.
Im gonna try both - with the hand a bit lower and as high as I got it for now. Wont hurt to try both versions and see what difference it makes. Thanks!

Thanks for the pointers. The yellow line in the pic makes it really clear how much further your rear foot is away from the door frame. For you its past the elbow and for me it is slightly in front of it.

I think I'm inclined to almost lock it because it gives me a bit more movement. There is one muscle in the back of my thigh of the left leg that gets stretched really well in this drill that also seems to be really tight which makes moving the left leg further away from the doorframe difficult. Hard to say which one though, I just looked through pictures of thigh muscles and there is just way too many of them :D I will see how much more I can manage in my stance and report back with some more video. I'm also gonna take up some more stretching to be able to move a bit more freely.

Im gonna try both - with the hand a bit lower and as high as I got it for now. Wont hurt to try both versions and see what difference it makes. Thanks!
Just on the rear leg - I think I used to have the locking/near locking effect and it started to go away when I fixed the side bend!

Latest posts