• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2012

played lake montebello and druid hill in baltimore with jrawk, prerube, fredvegas, jabruzzo, and fool. the wind was pretty brutal but i think everyone had a good time anyway.

Played the home club track today. It was crisp and breezey. I shot pretty well for me. felt good.

This was my first round of 2012. First good snow we've had this year surprisingly. Some snow I don't mind, but the strong winds and cold temps were starting to get to me by the end of the round. Had some nice birdies but also missed a few other deuces I should of had, but over all it was a fun round. Real pretty out.

I played by myself at Searight Park here in Austin yesterday. I was hoping i'll be lucky to hit an ace on the first day of the year, but nope.... I ended up with a score of -3, so I can't really complain.

Played my first "glow round" Sunday Night at Collegedale TN. Fun Factor: 100%, even with having to fish a disc out of a creek in the dark.

Played at Tyler State Park with Gripenemysy2k on 1/1/2012 and we both played decent. Yesterday, 1/2/12, we took a road trip to Nocamixon State Park and got our azzes handed to us....the temp was 38 degrees and the wind was gusting anywhere from 25 to 40mph and the ground was soaked...didn't help that I slipped on a rock crossing the creek on hole 12 and put both feet in the creek..played the rest of the round and another 9 holes with wet shoes and socks...really sucked!! But it was great to be outside and throwing no matter what the weather or other issues.

im feeling good about 2012.

got in two rounds within the first 3 days of the year and both scored very well for me even though i was playing in the muddy snow and rain.

maybe i'll inch my rating closer to 900 this year.

New Years Day round went down in a balmy 38 degrees and a decent breeze(Amazing weather for this time of year). Played Green Front and Black Back at Diamond X and shot 51 finishing with a birdie on 18 into a headwind. Great day...like most at the X.

I got to sneak in my first round on Jan. 1 while visiting my friend at Klein Park in Beaumont, TX. It seemed like there was a headwind on 80% of the teeboxes haha

It was good. Hit TWO 2nd shot aces on 01/01/12. And a buddy hit a legit ace just before my 2nd one. Made for a fun day and great start to the year.

I played Idlewild January one and while I always enjoy being out, I took a beating. The winds were fierce, constant 10-15 and gusting 20-25mph. The moring was mild, 50deg, but over the 4 hours we were out it dropped to upper 30s with a light mist in the air. Adversity; I won't say what I shot.

I played Severign Lang DGC with a couple of friends and one of thier sons. Winds were 25mph with gusts up to 40mph. It was a lot of fun! But my score sucked.