• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First snow round of the year - Part 2 of 2 Let me know what you think!

flyin27

What do you use to keep your hands and feet dry? I'm planning to wear elbow high choppers w/ an electronic hand warmer inside this year. I threw with thin gloves last year, but didn't think my hands stayed warm enough to make up for the limited touch. As for feet, has anyone had luck with boot gaiters?

What is this electronic hand warmer you speak of? I use the air activated ones and they do fine.

Never tried the boot gaiters. Last year I played in some baaaaad mamba jamba weather and was fine in long johns with thermal socks pulled over them.

Snow traction cleats to pull over your boots are genius for icy teepads.

Nice! Took me a few holes but figured out it was a course I played on a DG trip up to MN last summer.

Guys, this is pumping me up for some disc over the winter. If you guys can play in that and have a good time I can certainly play a few times when the weather eases up. I wish there were people that hardcore in St. Paul that I knew. I'd probably play every week this winter if I had the right gear.

What sorts of boots does everyone wear for these rounds? I'm sure there are threads about this but I tend to suck at finding them.

Guys, this is pumping me up for some disc over the winter. If you guys can play in that and have a good time I can certainly play a few times when the weather eases up. I wish there were people that hardcore in St. Paul that I knew. I'd probably play every week this winter if I had the right gear.

What sorts of boots does everyone wear for these rounds? I'm sure there are threads about this but I tend to suck at finding them.

Where were you last winter when I lived in the Twin Cities???

I played so much solo winter disc at Kaposia and North Valley that people thought I was crazy.

As for boots, I wore hiking boots and sometimes standard winter boots. But I'm serious when I say the traction cleats are a MUST HAVE.

If you still want to play when the snow gets deeper, buy Christmas ribbon and get a roll of Gorilla brand duct tape and you'll be good to go.

This is what I use http://www.amazon.com/EnergyFlux-4400mAh-Rechargeable-Double-Sided-External/dp/B006Q5ACKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382667990&sr=8-1&keywords=electronic+hand+warmer

I love the cleats idea! Lol, I played winter golf 5 days a week last year in tennis shoes with garbage bags pulled over my socks. Committed to make it a little more comfortable this year :)

Cleats are awesome. They will help your winter disc game tremendously. I made sure I was prepared for all conditions, and the only thing that got cold from time to time was my hands right at the beginning of the round. after three holes, my whole body had warmed up and was ready to go.

LOL about the tennis shoes with garbage bags, btw. Sounds like something I'd do.

lol I've used the bread-bag layered between pairs of socks trick before, poor mans waterproof socks :p

one of a few tricks i've picked up playing alot of winter golf in wisconsin. good shoes/boots, layers of light clothes vs heavy stuff, handwarmers in pockets or gloves.

But the best thing you can do for winter golf is SHOVEL THE DAMN PADS! keep em clean and salted or you're gonna have a bad time...

Latest posts