• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New bag new discs let me know what you think

pmorgan1214

Eagle Member
Let me give you a little bit of background on me. I am sure there are templates for this thread but i like to wing it. I have been playing disc golf for over 3 years now. I am a rhbh thrower and my average distance is about 400 feet. Looking to see if i can get some improvements on my bag that will help my game. :clap:

First off my bag is a brand new Grip A series. Absolutely love it. fits well on the back and has no issues with any of the weight of the bag and it works well. :thmbup:

Now start with my plastic!!!!!!
Distance Drivers:

Westside World: I have 2 worlds that i picked up and they are superve. They are my go to forhand/ headwind disc for rhbh throws. I dont know if i have the true power of what the disc requires but it flies real nice. Average distance is yet to be determined but i have thrown over 350 with this disc.

Innova Tern: I have 3 terns in the bag right now. I absolutely love this disc. for amazing distance and control shots. I have 2 in champion and one in star plastic. I have 1 champ tern that is new and stable. long straight hyzer shots. The other champ tern is beat in and does long S shots and then the star tern is super understable and i am still beating in for a throw that does not pull out. Average distance with the terns i would say is around 350-400 feet. Although i know that i have hit over 425 with it on some holes.

Westside Sword: The sword is a very nice stable disc that will fly straight and work its way left. I throw this in small headwinds for a little turn but it is a slower disc and not as much glide as the tern. Average distance is 300-330 feet. Shorter shots that dont require the tern.

Discraft XL: This i just got back from my friend and is a anhyzer all the way. I throw it flat it will just turn over. I would say that i throw this disc from 300 to 350 foot anhyzer shots.

Westside Boatman: The Boatman is a nice S curve disc that average distance is 250-300 feet and will always come back. the disc is super domy so love the glide that the dome gives.

Fairway Drivers:

Latitude 64 River: This disc is amazing, but i have 2 plastics one in opto and the other is in gold line. the gold line was my buddies but he hated the disc and he hit a lot of trees with it. So...... Now it is super understable. Love the turn over on it and harldy will come out unless in high lines. The other one i have is in opto and i just got it. i have only thrown in 3-4 times. i see so far is a ani-hyzer flip that will most likely come out all the time. I can see it being a hyzer flip straight disc in the future. Average distance is 250-300.

Latitude 64 Saint: I only have one but i find this to be the go to S curve or a hyzer flip straight shot disc. I have only had it for about 3 months but it flies nicely. Also i plan on getting maybe a recycled line or a gold line disc. i can throw the saint on a straight line for 250-325 ish and maybe more but i dont try to over power it.

Mid Range:

Innova Roc3: I love this disc and you can do so much with it. I have 2 of them. One is an ice blue 1 time Paul McBeth world champ and the other is a 2X world champ in tyedye see through plastic. this disc is super stable with reliable fade at the end. I can throw this from 200-300 feet. I also use this as long hyzer shots that require finess over pure power.

Innova Gator: I just got this yesterday and love it. I used to have a gator that was in glow and for some crazy reason i got rid of it. I know have a star gator that i love to throw and use it well for the upshot that require serious hyzer or into headwind for straighter shots. I plan on getting another one once this gets beat in.

Westside Swan- i know this is a putter but i call this more of an approach or mid range disc. I can throw my putter up to 250 but i am not sure cause on some holes that call it 330 over a ravine and slightly down hill i can throw it pin high. I would say average 250 feet with putter. This is my go to anhyzer midrange right now. I want to go to something with better plastic than the eco since it beats up real fast. Also a good hyzer flip straight shot disc as well.

PUTTERS:

The most important part of the game to me is my putting. I have cycled through a lot of putters over the years and i think i have my go to putter.

Dynamic Disc Warden: This putter is superb. Has the ultimate glide. I have 3 Wardens right now and i have one that is classic hard and 2 that are soft classic. My putting is very good at points then i am cold. I am 80% from 20 if not 90%. At 50 feet i would say that i am 40% making it.

Discraft Banger GT- This is new to me and was given to me by my friend. I use this putter and find out that it flies well. I use it for headwind putts or hyzer putts.

This is my bag and i like it a lot. I have some more coming in but i think i will wait for christmas to be over. Stuff that i am looking to get is:

1. Star Gator
2. Gold line Saint or recycled line
3. Another Star tern
4: Some understable midrange!!!!! I am not sure what i want on this one, Maybe i can get some help. Looking at the 175-250 foot range. I like 99% of the companies out ther so feel free to throw out some suggestion.

I have also cycled through loads of discs over the years here are some that i have tried and have come in and out of the bag:

Stag
underworld
king
nuke
mako
mako3
roc
shark3
northman
comet
buzz
valkery
max
Bolt- was given to me. i have only thrown it 3 times. not a big fain
trespass- also was given to me. it might go in the bag
beast
destroyer- blizzard only plastic
tee devil
katana- blizzard only plastic
wraith- just cycled out 5 of these for the terns :thmbup:
spider- used only as putters but i had a tone of chain outs. :(

Just let me know what you think and i am fine with any suggestions, whether it be critisizm or good advice.

Thanks

My initial thought it that you should have updated your previous thread rather than start a new one

Secondly, if you have 400' of power than you do not need an understable mid for shot ranging between 175'- 250' get a 2nd Firm Warden use it exclusively for upshots & approaching - it will beat in quick enough

My initial thought it that you should have updated your previous thread rather than start a new one

Secondly, if you have 400' of power than you do not need an understable mid for shot ranging between 175'- 250' get a 2nd Firm Warden use it exclusively for upshots & approaching - it will beat in quick enough

You are right about updating my old thread. i forgot about that thread. also a firm warden that beats in. that could work. Thanks for the response.

Either that, or 400'=300'.
:thmbdown:

i can definately throw 400 feet. throwing 300 feet is easy to do with good technique. I would average 350-400 feet. i have hit over 600 feet but on a huge downhill shot. i dont count those types of shots though. on flat ground i can throw 350 to 400 feet. Also a lot of factors come into play when i say that. It is currently winter in Ohio. Last week i was in 4 inches of snow and could barely get good footing to throw 350 feet. but yesterday hole 12 in lincoln ridge disc golf course i overthrew the basket by 50 feet with my champ tern 3-4 times in warmups. that hole is 360 feet slightly downhill but not by much. Those drives were hitting 410-430 feet.

In my edited part, this is an in the bag thread not a thread to doubt what someone can do. If you say that you can throw 500 feet i would say let me see it. Im not going to call you out and say that you really cant throw that far.

Last edited:
If you do decide on an actual understable disc, you could toss that Comet back in your bag. You could also look at the Stingray, Tursas, Meteor, Flying Squirrel, etc

I am dang near clueless on understable mids too and I've have or have thrown almost all of them besides the Tursas.

I usually rotate in and out a beat P-MD2 and Opto Fuse. Fuse turns more but is touchier. P-MD2 is a dang awesome discs. Hyzerflips to straight 300 on a line. Fuse can work more angles. I have a bunch more.

I'm probably not much help, I need to wait till Spring to get out and throw them all again at full power. I really should focus on beating my DX Rocs into fliptastic status.

I mean, I could have mentioned the Wolf too, but I didn't want egged :)

thanks for the replies. it is a huge toss up on the understable mid. i have thrown the tursas and it was to unreliable. i want a disc that i throw flat and it just turns right and does not come back. i think that is going to be a time issue. i have to really beat in a disc for that. i am looking at a kite. the glide is nice and the -3 turn should help.

Kites can be good, little domey for me. It's Leopardish in the dome but bigger. Kite's get a lot of hate but I think they are good discs. I've really come to the conclusion that all understable discs are touchy, it's just their nature. A little too much power or headwind/sidewind will effect them more. It's being able to dial in just the right angle, power and have clean form.

Danggit, I'm learning RHFH.

i have a buddy that has a comet. in fact i have given him one of mine. i thought they were too touchy but most anny discs are. i think ill go with a comet and test it. he loves the comet.

ok so new year and new bag.....

I am 26 years old
i have been playing for 2.5 years but only hardcore for about 1.1 years.
distance: drivers- 380-430 mid range:250-320 putters: 1 foot to 180 feet.

PUTTERS

McPro Aviar- weight: 175, i use this putter for longer putts anything over 30 feet.
GStar Aviar- weight: 175, I use this putter for shorter in the circle putts.

MID RANGES

Star Gator- weight: 169, super overstable for major headwind approaches or hyzer placement shots. distance: 120-225 feet. hard hyzer the whole way.
Star Kite- weight: 171, super understable, use for anny shots that do not come back. hyzer flip occasionally. distance: 200-250 anny line
GStar Roc3- weight: 180, overstable mid range that has great glide and grip. distance: 250-330 feet hyzer at the end. distance: 200-270 feet striaght shot with hyzer super hard at the end. headwind disc.
Champ Roc3-weight: 172, well beat and will fly straight when thrown flat. also can be put on an anny line and will fade back. distance: 250-320 striaght shot
Idye Roc3: weight: 171, somewhat new and nicely stable. will fly flat and then hyzer hard at the end of flight. distance: 200-320 feet with hyzer hard at the end.
DX Roc3: weight:180. starting to get beat in for hyzer flip shots that fly strait. or anny lines that will not fade back. Distance: 200-260 feet straight shot

FAIRWAY DRIVERS

Idye Roadrunner- weight: 176, super understable. hyzer flip flat shots or anny shots that dont fade back. distance: 250-320 feet.
GStar Teebird- weight: 172, first run innova factory stamp, super stable with great glide distance: 320 feet with minimal hyzer at the end of shot.
GStar Teebird- weight: 172, brand new production run. more overstable than the first run, distance: 300 feet with hyzer at the end.

DRIVERS

Star Max- weight: 175, super overstable headwind driver, also forehand driver and upshot forehands. distance: 240-350 feet.
Starlite Mamba- weight 159, understable long distance anny disc. with time will not fade back but will fade out after 350 feet. distance: 340-420 feet.
Champ Tern- weight: 167, understable tern that is beat in from time. great for power shots off tee and distance. go to S curve shot. distance: 380-420 feet.
Champ Tern- weight: 172, more brand new Tern that is less beat. more stable flight. striaght shot then hyzer at the end. distance: 350-380 feet.
GStar Tern: weight: 175, brand new does a nice S curve out of the box. more grippy, distance: 320-400
Gstar Krait- weight: 168, super stable, this thing is awsome holds a staight line for 340 feet then hyzers at the end. distance: 330-380 feet.
Idye Blizzard Krait- weight: 158, the most stable blizzard i have seen. i use this for forehand and headwind drives. distance 280 FH and BH 300-370 feet.

Let me know what you think i might be able to add. first time i have ever made my bag all one company and can get away with it. :)

What about a Rhyno or Pig to handle shorter OS duties? the Overstable Putter is such an integral part of my short game, whether it is because of heavy winds or the dependable fade. Your earlier post said you liked the Banger GT. What happened to it?

Last edited:
What about a Rhyno or Pig to handle shorter OS duties? the Overstable Putter is such an integral part of my short game, whether it is because of heavy winds or the dependable fade. Your earlier post said you liked the Banger GT. What happened to it?

Speaking of Overstable putters the Zone is a great one to try. I've had one in my bag since they came out.

I like the Zone because of it's tweener type abilities. You can get it to around 290ft or a little bit better once gotten use to.

There is guy around here who swears by Pigs. He even putts with them.

the banger when i throw it hard is understable. i have a gator for shorter throws that require a hyzer.

You may just be set on the Kite as your US mid, and that's fine. You may just wanna stick all Innova, that too is fine. BUT, I have been throwing an M4 for a good little while, and LOVE it. The Prodigy 400 plastic just feels soooo good. I throw mine for nice long smooth anhyzers and hyzerflip it sometimes for a straight shot. I just really like it, you should check one out.

Final kinks in my bag almost gone

Drivers

G* Destroyer- still fresh nice S curve 400 feet
Pro Destroyer- still fresh but more stable than G* 380 feet distance
G* Krait- hyzer flip to understable disc in the bag Long anhyzer with fade at the end. I have 2 of these.
Tye Dye Mamba- Turnover anhyzer shots with minimal fade
Metal Flake Firebird- Forehand and headwind shots
VIP Giant- fastest disc in my bag forehand and headwind drives

Fairway
G* Roadrunner- hyzer flip disc, or anhyzer disc.
G* teebird- stable to small anhyzer with small fade
Star Teebird- Avery Jenkins, stable to hyzer disc headwind

Mid range

Metal Flake Roc3- nice overstable mid headwind
Champ Roc3- beat in very nicely, small turnover with hyzer at the end
DX Roc3- more understable version of the other Roc3
Star Mako3- super straight and i can turn over on anhyzer and will hold that line.
Champ Viper- utility disc major headwinds and small forehands or major short hyzers

putters

McPro Aviar- i have 2 of them. one is about 6 months old and beat in for hyzer flips to small anhyzers. the other one is brand new and stable to hyzer.
beat in putter is my go to putter withing 30 depending on the line.

G* Rhyno- short hyzer disc. headwind putter

Latest posts