• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First time poster, long-time lurker- RHBH form critque

Front side is opening up too soon and you are throwing a frisbee rather than bracing to slash or smash something out in front of you:

updates: throwing comfortably in the 350-380 range, can make it out to 400 on a good rip. Would like to get 450 ideally.

You start tipping west/leftward going into your x-step and extend your rear knee/hip instead of sitting/coiling into it. It's probably going to feel quite different/weird at first.

Really noticed the westward movement, I think it's from learning to "stagger" my stance coming out of the x-step. But I ended up overdoing it I guess. Hard habit to break so I resorted to trying this out, I think it's helped but my cross step is moving north-east direction if north is target wards, then I am "staggering" to far west to compensate.

Take your left hand out of your pocket and make a backstroke swim motion with it in the backswing / like walking.

Your rear leg is pushing/tipping your pelvis/upperbody over top, instead of moving your lower body underneath the upper body to catch in dynamic balance/tilt. Note how Markus rear hip drops underneath front hip so his spine is tilted back inline to front leg. Your spine is landing inline with your rear leg and tipped over the front leg with rear hip higher than front hip.

I would work on this fundamental from standstill or small stride instead of x-step which is just adding extra moving parts. You would fall down the stairs in Swivel Stairs Drill.
markus bull ride tilt vs over top.png

Door Frame Drill pt 2

You have no hip depth.
Screen Shot 2024-01-20 at 9.23.07 PM.png

Decided to switch it up a bit since my right arm is a little tired from a long round the other day. Grew up playing golf (right handed) so thought it might be interesting to try some LHBH shots.

Hershyzer Drills 1 and 2. You are leaning back and leading your stride with your front foot instead of your mass.

Updates and thoughts: After getting my distance up to around the 450ft range, I am currently satisfied as that suits my game and age. I am 39 (this month) and prior to coming to this forum for some critiques I was maxing at around 350-370 on good throws. What I have learned thus far...
  1. Some of my fastest throws didn't feel like my hardest throws (tech disc numbers)
  2. Getting my base arm speed to around 62 has really helped me get to 380-400 a lot easier.
  3. Based on my research cracking 500ft is about getting to roughly 68-70mph with great nose/launch angle.
  4. If you can get to the 64-66mph range you can get to 430-450 fairly consistently.
  5. Nose angle/launch angle are more important than throwing fast. You can get more distance if those two are correct.
  6. Prior to this I didnt' throw a lot of stand stills. My X-step wasn't adding a whole lot, in Fact of the matter is you can throw pretty far without it. But once you can get the timing down it's easier to punch the mid 60s with it then without.
  7. Getting your left shoulder/back rotated far enough helped me personally with gaining more distance. I think a lot of people just tend to rush through the backswing/reachback/choose your term.
thanks to everyone who shares there knowledge here.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 3.56.39 PM.png
Have to post this:

Feel is not real, albeit I did throw this right into the ground but to generate that much speed was insane to me. This was in the warm up throwing stand stills 1 leg drill. This drill in my experience will get your base arm speed up. Period. Also as indicated in previous post it felt like I threw it horribly which from an angle/launch perspective I did, but the speed was my highest now on record.

Latest posts