• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First World Disc golf problems...

Can't get your disc from the hazard because of crocodiles.

Having to use an alternate tee pad because a picnicker thought the tee pad was a parking place for his Harley.

Third world problem. You overhear your doubles partner talking about a tough dog leg and your not sure if he's talking about the course or his overcooked dinner from the night before. :gross: Did I cross the line?

Third world problem. You overhear your doubles partner talking about a tough dog leg and your not sure if he's talking about the course or his overcooked dinner from the night before. :gross: Did I cross the line?

Unfortunately, no...

Down the leafy streets of north Hanoi's Cau Giay district, not far from Nguyen's family business, sits one of the city's most famous restaurants, Quan Thit Cho Chieu Hoa, which has only one thing on the menu. There's dog stew, served warm in a soup of blood; barbecued dog with lemongrass and ginger; steamed dog with shrimp-paste sauce; dog entrails sliced thin like sausage; and skewered dog, marinated in chilli and coriander. This is just one of a number of dogmeat restaurants in Cau Giay, but it is arguably the most revered, offering traditional dishes in a quiet setting along a canal.

"I know it seems weird for me to eat here when I have my own dogs at home and would never consider eating them," says Duc Cuong, a 29-year-old doctor, as he wraps a sliver of entrails in a basil leaf and takes a bite. "But I don't mind eating other people's dogs." He swallows and clears his throat. "Dog tastes good and it's good for you."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/27/eating-dog-vietnam-thailand-kate-hodal

1st world:

Missing a mandatory. Costs you the round.

3rd world:

Missing the mandatory 24 hr work day in the diamond mine. Costs you your life and your eldest born son.

I play disc golf. Anything negative that happens is a first world problem.

First World DG Probs...

When you can't find your disc because it isn't a glow in the dark....

Latest posts