• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flags for Baskets

Bencybul

I am attempting to add flags for an upcoming tourney at a very wooded course here in Tuscaloosa. I want them to help with visibility as there is a fair amount of elevation throughout the course. I have read a good deal about different materials but could not post this specific query to anything in the forums because of how old the threads were.

I would love to make these flags be reusable and therefore I would like to attach them with some sort of rubber gasket or plug. Plus I am attaching them to discraft baskets, these do not have anything that extends above the top of the chain assembly. Currently I have purchased driveway reflectors to use as "flagsticks" they look something like this.
driveway-markers.html

Any tips on where I can find plugs for the top of the baskets?

Last edited:
You could make your own plugs easily enough. If you have or someone in the club has access to a set of hole saws you could make your own out of a couple pieces of wood. Cutting one disc sized to fit into the top of the pipe out of a piece of 2"X6" lumber and a second disc a little larger than the diameter off the pipe out of a piece of 1/4" plywood. Attach the plywood disc to the top of the 2X4 disc to act as a stop with a few small nails or drywall screws. Stick the shaft of the driveway reflector onto the ready made holes in the disc and wallah! You may have to wrap the part of the plug that goes into the pipe with a couple of rounds of duct tape to ensure a snug fit but I don't see why this would not work.

As to the flags themselves I would probably go with some light weight rip stop nylon material in bright neon color(s) from a fabric store and have someone with sewing skills whip up some flags.

Last edited: