• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Flashing and stability

Acting like a smug little brat isn't helping your cause, miss. Starting this thread was bad enough.

If your talking about what people think about me I could care less about that. I know your defending jay dub cause you know him in real life but let's be honest if it was anyone else you would have spoke up against the way he was being a smart ass about something he was totally wrong about, I've seen you do it before tbird.

If your talking about what people think about me I could care less about that. I know your defending jay dub cause you know him in real life but let's be honest if it was anyone else you would have spoke up against the way he was being a smart ass about something he was totally wrong about, I've seen you do it before tbird.

I may speak up when I feel someone is wrong, but when it's over, it's over (and your slapfest is over). I don't start another thread when I run out of my own arguments and then gloat when I get enough similar opinions from other people.

You're young, and it's obvious by your behavior I mentioned above. You had, to me, a more valid opinion. Let it go, unless it's the only positive thing you have going on in your life. If it is the only thing you have going for you, it's time to change before it ruins a lot of your life.

I'm sorry we have different personalities and I like to rub things in when someone is being a smartass like he was. Also I'm not that young but very young in spirit, I have a beautiful wife and a good job so everything is good in my life. Like I said, I'm sorry you don't agree with how I handle myself and the older I get the less I care about what people think and the more I say what's on my mind.

I throw a lot of Champ Orcs, and have seen many with wicked flashing. They showed a noticable loss in stability when removed by rubbing them smooth on a broom finished teepad. Clearly the consensus shows that removing flashing changes the flight characteristics of a disc.

Dave D didn't really say as much as I would have liked, but he definitely inferred that some molds would either be unaffected by a bead, or actually lose some stability. He just didn't outright say it. That discussion is in the "more stable vs. overstable" thread in the landfill. I'd suggest not trying to look it up and just taking my word for it.

Yeah, the bead is complicated. It would make a Comet more understable to take away the bead, but this is not a rule. I can see something like a really overstable fwy driver being made less overstable by the addition of the bead because it would slow it down and make it go forward more as it was fading (so the fade would be less dramatic). I can't think of a situation though where the addition of a bead could make a disc more understable though.

I saw a noticeable difference with a new TP Tursas I picked up this summer. I threw it for a round, then half way through a second round I rubbed the flashed line of the rim on the stone tile teepad and it was noticeably more understable.

This shouldn't even be a question. For sure flashing makes a difference. How much depends on how much flashing there is and what disc.

Basically if you remove the flashing the disc will be distinctly "shorter" and more aerodynamic. Therefore it will fly through the air faster/slow down slower and therefore be easier to turn/less overstable.

Latest posts